Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party price increase

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
My wife was looking at the MK Fireworks Dessert Party this morning. Pricing is going up starting February 1, 2020.

At Tomorrowland Terrace:
  • Now through January 31, 2020: $84 per adult (ages 10 and up); $50 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
  • Starting February 1, 2020: $99 per adult (ages 10 and up); $59 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
Plaza Garden seating:
  • Now through January 31, 2020: $69 per adult (ages 10 and up); $41 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
  • Starting February 1, 2020: $79 per adult (ages 10 and up); $47 per child (ages 3 to 9)
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, I didn't see mention of the price increase on the main WDWMagic page. Also, feel free to move this to 'Restaurants and Dining' if deemed more appropriate there.

Edited to add both locations and their pricing, for clarification and completeness.

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Incidentally, 2020’s marketing motto is “2020: More Premiumer than 2019”, which barely edged out “2020: 2019 but with Construction Walls!”

It probably takes them longer to integrate the words "Premium" and "Immersive" into their marketing than it does for them to come up with the concept or idea for whatever it is they're doing.

Weather_Lady

We also did the party when it was $28 6 years ago and didn't think it was worth it then. Hopefully they really really up the game

LOL - I doubt they will. We did it two years ago (birthday splurge for one of the kids). It was nice to do as a one-and-done, since we'll probably never bother to try and watch the projection/fireworks show again -- we're too impatient to stake out spots way ahead, and we find being stuck in crowds too stressful. Still, for the $60 or whatever it was that we paid per person at the time (for the Plaza Garden viewing, which was absolutely fantastic), the food offerings probably added up to $20 per person in value, even if one treated it as a substitute for a meal, downed 2-3 platefuls of goodies, and stuffed their pockets with additional water bottles afterward. (Yes, we did that, with our server's encouragement - don't judge!)

There was a make-your-own cookie/sundae bar with simple toppings, several kinds of macarons, tiny brownies and other dessert bites (all of which looked beautiful but most of which tasted like a mixture of chalk, sugar and chemical dye), juice, coffee, mini water bottles, chocolate-covered strawberries, some sliced melon/grapes/pineapple, cubes of inexpensive cheeses like cheddar and colby, and crackers. No alcohol (of course), and nothing upscale in terms of brand or quality other than perhaps the macarons, which I know are sold on property for something like $5 or $6. Because we booked ahead, we had the additional pleasure of a table with a tablecloth and candle, just one tier up from those who paid for Terrace seating. Guests who booked day-of paid the same amount we did, and got seated in the rear next to the buffet, with no view and maximum noise, at naked cafeteria-style tables, as if they'd paid for first class accommodations and got mistakenly shuffled into steerage.

Hugh Jazz

We are looking at an all out trip in 2021 (kids last trip living at home, etc). This was one of the things we were willing to pay for, not so sure now as it will probably be even more expensive then.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My wife was looking at the MK Fireworks Dessert Party this morning. Pricing is going up starting February 1, 2020.

At Tomorrowland Terrace:
  • Now through January 31, 2020: $84 per adult (ages 10 and up); $50 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
  • Starting February 1, 2020: $99 per adult (ages 10 and up); $59 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
Plaza Garden seating:
  • Now through January 31, 2020: $69 per adult (ages 10 and up); $41 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
  • Starting February 1, 2020: $79 per adult (ages 10 and up); $47 per child (ages 3 to 9)
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, I didn't see mention of the price increase on the main WDWMagic page. Also, feel free to move this to 'Restaurants and Dining' if deemed more appropriate there.

Edited to add both locations and their pricing, for clarification and completeness.
Fair. $100 per person. They should probably do dynamic pricing on this too. Busy times, bump it to $130pp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom