Magic Kingdom firework testing scheduled but not a sign of imminent return of shows

pyroPat

They're testing. Using live shells. That's what they wanted to do, how to test whatever. Nothing controversial about their method. Its their money, their reasons. Glad to see them doing it because is indicates something going on. Kind of like Willy Wonka starting up the chocolate factory.
I think we all are equally as excited that they are conducting any kind of testing for nighttime spectaculars. Where was there controversy?🤔There is obvious speculation on what the testing is for, but isn’t that what this forum is for? To have a conversation on whatever the topic is with input for those wanting to contribute to the discussion?
Even with a reduced capacity, the people in the park will bunch together to watch.

Ain't gonna happen.
On 11/4, I did receive a targeted survey invite(as I have a WDW reservation that falls during NYE) from Disney Destinations Research on the topic of NYE entertainment offerings. I’m sure it won’t lead to any sort of return of nighttime spectaculars for NYE, but fireworks/nighttime spectaculars were referenced in the survey in a few of the questions. That at least tells me there was some level of consideration regarding nighttime spectaculars, or at least fireworks, at various venues for them to have even include it in the survey and solicit guest feedback.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Being referred to as an equipment 'dust off'.. Fireworks are planned at the next capacity threshold.. Won't be nightly at first.
As in getting the equipment ready to go when WDW hits that Threshold? When do we think WDW will hit it? It has to be done safely of course.

mnelson3

As in getting the equipment ready to go when WDW hits that Threshold? When do we think WDW will hit it? It has to be done safely of course.

Could be wrong, but my guess would be they won’t raise the capacity, or rather there won’t be a need to raise it, until Spring.

gerarar

I am!! There's 2 more Streams!!! I Love what Streamers do!!!!!

Roads are only closed for perimeters correct?
I think so, although someone more knowledgeable should be able come up with a definite answer!
iirc, the roads were closed for MMRR

donsullivan

Premium Member
Floridian Way, west of Center Drive is always closed whenever the north launch location is being used. In normal times, that would be every night for Happily Ever After.

When they do a large show with perimeters, they also close World Drive from Contemporary north to Center Drive. A full 360 show will also trigger shut down of monorail and all boat traffic on Seven Seas Lagoon.

Last edited:

TrainChasers

A full 360 show will also trigger shut down of monorail and all boat traffic on Seven Seas Lagoon.
2 years ago I hung out at the grand until the very last boat departure to MK. Riding the boat over and hearing all the radio chatter about clearing the lagoon and seeing the patrol boats out was a really cool experience.

gerarar

It happened! Perimeter fireworks too:
1605585103578.png

1605585163590.png

pyroPat

It's like the Epcot test, but I'll take it!!!

Multiple perimeter tests, Could HEA or the new 50th Show (if we get one) use the launch sites that were planned for HEA before the Fire Ban and HEA in 2017?
The position configuration being tested is definitely intriguing. Some new effects aside from what I think is Mike Wazowski pattern shells included some pretty spectacular ghost effects in the last few shot (the photo with the shells that include the double purple rings above). I think you could be on to something as it definitely seems more like a product test with some new items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom