Magic Kingdom firework testing scheduled but not a sign of imminent return of shows

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, all fireworks show will return in next year by the time of the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World?

Because, this Monday, they must be a new fireworks testing show at Magic Kingdom, after the final performance of "Once Upon a Time" will ends and the temporarily closure of "Happily Ever After"!!!

And It is rumored that HarmonioUS firework show is not debuted on this year at EPCOT!!! It was actually delayed to the opening date of next year in the time of the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World!!! Cause I heard a big noise over a new HarmonioUS firework testing show in World Showcase Lagoon, during the COVID-19 pandemic!!!

And now, the construction site of HarmonioUS firework show is on the move with these barges !!

Neither HEA nor Harmonious (notice Disney dropped the capitalized "US" at the end) are coming any time soon. They would both create crowding issues. With virus cases on the rise, it is very highly unlikely that social distancing protocols will be dropped for the sake of fireworks.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not challenging your reasoning here, however, in my professional opinion and approx. 15 years in the pyrotechnics industry, there are ways to test a system’s functionality, end to end, without the added cost of sending up shells; especially an entire show. Companies have to rely on these other means all the time as they don’t have the luxury of conducting live test shows in every site specific location. Sending up devices/shells would be more to test device performance and allow for visual confirmation of said performance to ensure assigned timing in show scripting is aligned with device’s actual per.
And they could well have done other upgrades to other components of the pyro launch system that I have no specific knowledge of. And I chose not to overthink beyond those components I was specifically aware of or speculate beyond that.

TTA94

'Different areas' of MK can be as simple as Castle, West roof (above Philmargic), East Roof, (Above Pooh) and North launch location.

True. Just thought they were only going to be testing from the refurbed launch area.

Well, for those of us that catch a spot outside MK to watch from, hopefully it’s more than just one firework shot off every few minutes like Epcot did.

TTA94

Neither HEA nor Harmonious (notice Disney dropped the capitalized "US" at the end) are coming any time soon. They would both create crowding issues. With virus cases on the rise, it is very highly unlikely that social distancing protocols will be dropped for the sake of fireworks.

Sure isn’t much social distancing going on walking around the parks and the Springs currently, but I get it the thinking is there is difference between guests walking by each other in close proximity vs standing next to each other for a long period of time.

I fully agree on HEA. Epcot nighttime shows? Eh, just my own opinion but I still think it could be done safely, IF they wanted to. Just would have to be very limited capacity (FP type thing). I get many would not be to happy about the limited capacity but, of well.
Oh and wear a darn mask properly, keep your hands clean and overall protect yourself! Name of the game and likely will be for the foreseeable future, vaccine or not. Same situation with the flu. Want to keep yourself safe? Wear a mask, practice proper hand hygiene. Sanitize everything and yourself when you leave the park lol. I did that pre covid! well, minus a mask. Ok I’m done :)

Last edited:

jrhwdw

True. Just thought they were only going to be testing from the refurbed launch area.

Well, for those of us that catch a spot outside MK to watch from, hopefully it’s more than just one firework shot off every few minutes like Epcot did.
IMO I was expecting Epcot to do that, Let's face it, Epcot doesn't having anything show ready to test but EF.

Should be interesting if we get an Epcot Test Experience or a "Show Run-through".

LastoneOn

They're testing. Using live shells. That's what they wanted to do, how to test whatever. Nothing controversial about their method. Its their money, their reasons. Glad to see them doing it because is indicates something going on. Kind of like Willy Wonka starting up the chocolate factory.

TTA94

IMO I was expecting Epcot to do that, Let's face it, Epcot doesn't having anything show ready to test but EF.

Should be interesting if we get an Epcot Test Experience or a "Show Run-through".

Looking at the backstage area it certainly doesn’t look like things are set up for EF or the Kites. Maybe that wouldn’t be to difficult for them to quickly put together, IDK. I’d imagine a bit of testing would need to take place prior.

jrhwdw

Being referred to as an equipment 'dust off'.. Fireworks are planned at the next capacity threshold.. Won't be nightly at first.
As in getting the equipment ready to go when WDW hits that Threshold? When do we think WDW will hit it? It has to be done safely of course.

TTA94

As in getting the equipment ready to go when WDW hits that Threshold? When do we think WDW will hit it? It has to be done safely of course.

Could be wrong, but my guess would be they won’t raise the capacity, or rather there won’t be a need to raise it, until Spring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom