Magic Kingdom Closes!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
MagliteL13 said:
Yesterday, was an interesting day. At Pecos, I know we kept on closing our doors to guests (between us and El Pirate we have a capacity of 1107). We closed our doors before the first parade, then again before the second parade, and then finally things started to die down again, but tables were still scarce. I remember hearing around 12 that we were at phase 3 and then at 1, phase 4. I just honestly don't think you can enjoy MK when it's that crowded. I called the operator to find wait times on Big Thunder and Splash and Splash was 90min and Big Thunder was 2 hrs. I remember being told that all fast passes were gone by 2.

MagliteL13

Welcom to the boards Maglite.

Very interesting and I agree. I think I would be totally miserable with those types of crowds. When the park gets that close to capacity, does Disney tell people coming into the park about the significant size of the crowds and wait times etc, to give them the option of maybe trying a different park?

Lauriebar

Mickeylover said:
What we did last year during christmas was fastpass. Even though you are only allowed 1 fastpass per certain time period, their is a trick. What we do is go in the back of the fastpass machines and press a button in the upper right hand corner that spits out fastpasses. This button is intended for cast members in case of malfunctions.

Without it, I dont know how we would have enjoyed ourselves at WDW.

I am assuming that you realize that what you did was wrong and completely unneccessary. I can only hope that your post was a joke. There are many threads on the fastpass button subject and I assure you that for the most part people get annoyed with this kind of behavior. Perhaps you should search through these threads to get the idea.

Breaking the rules is NOT cool, and neither are you.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Mickeylover said:
What we did last year during christmas was fastpass. Even though you are only allowed 1 fastpass per certain time period, their is a trick. What we do is go in the back of the fastpass machines and press a button in the upper right hand corner that spits out fastpasses. This button is intended for cast members in case of malfunctions.

So basically you are a cheater and not to be trusted....

TheLand

Mickeylover said:

Do not attempt to do this at Disney World Thus it is wrong

i.e Real Life Version of Fear Factor

luckyeye13

Mickeylover said:

If you are a Guest and are caught doing that, you will be booted from the park. If you're a Cast Member who is a Guest for the day, you are quite likely to get terminated, as well. Either way, can't say I'd feel sorry if that happens to anyone who tries this trick.

TTATraveler

Mickeylover said:

It is a shame that you didn't get caught abusing the system.:( I have no respect for people who think they are better than everybody else and feel that they can break the rules at everbody's elses' expense.:fork:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
hakunamatata said:
So basically you are a cheater and not to be trusted....
sounds like my "old" best-friend. he did stuff like that and tried to blame it on me.

back to the holiday subject, i guess i can rethink my desire to make it for my birthday one year (jan. 1st) but then again, i have to try it once.

Epcot82Guy

luckyeye13 said:
If you are a Guest and are caught doing that, you will be booted from the park. If you're a Cast Member who is a Guest for the day, you are quite likely to get terminated, as well. Either way, can't say I'd feel sorry if that happens to anyone who tries this trick.
Just wanted to reiterate this. Saw it happen first hand with a group of guests. There was a group of seven and tried to get FP's at Big Thunder. One walked up and did the button trick about 3 times. I saw it and inadvertently looked at the CM working there. He happened to catch my glance and looked over, catching the second guy in the group going up and doing the same thing. The CM asked them to stay there, and I noticed security walking over after I got my FP.

cherrynegra

Mickeylover said:

Your screen name is rather laughable because I HIGHLY doubt Mickey would love your little solution. Cheating is cheating. No matter how you paint it. :mad:

WDWShawn

Thrawn said:
If DisneyLand is 80,000-85,000, MK can handle WAY WAY more than that. DL is nowhere near the size of MK.
When MK hits appx 60k it is "closed."

As far as those wanting to visit on NYE to MK or EPCOT, show-up after 7pm (when the first wave of people get fed-up with the crowds and leave), do some shopping, and find a spot to enjoy Wishes or Illuminations. Make no plan to ride any attractions. This will be your best stress-free option, then again it is much easier said than done when you live here and spend at least 1-2 days a week at the parks and don't have to spend the entire day there to feel as if you got your money's worth. Good luck to all attempting a NYE visit, it is a wonderful show at MK and EPCOT, but the number of people is out of control.

tigger248

Mickeylover said:

I hate when people do that. Not a good idea. It's cheating people like you who ruin it for everyone. It's not fair to all the other guests who can't get fast passes because the machines are all out of them due to cheaters who abuse the system. Would you like it if you wanted to legitimately get a fast pass for a ride and they were all out of them because cheaters had illegitimately stolen all of them? I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the expense of others. You must be proud.

BenS

Here are a few pics of the crowds, except for the last one I wasn't really trying to take a picture of the crowds themselves, but you get the idea.

5862wdw_199-med.jpg

5862wdw_198-med.jpg

Big line for Haunted Mansion FP's

5862wdw_200-med.jpg

Taken at 1:46 PM. I kid you not.

Mickeylover

TheLand said:
Do not attempt to do this at Disney World Thus it is wrong

i.e Real Life Version of Fear Factor

What can I say? I'm sorry so many of you feel so sour about this. But we did what we had to to have a good time. Personally, I think disney should only sell a certain number of tickets during the christmas season. But I guess they are only interested in making profits.

peter11435

Mickeylover said:
What can I say? I'm sorry so many of you feel so sour about this. But we did what we had to to have a good time. Personally, I think disney should only sell a certain number of tickets during the christmas season. But I guess they are only interested in making profits.
They do only sell a certain number of tickets. That certain number is what the park can handle. I am sure you could have had a good time without cheating. I think it is sad that people think they should be able to do whatever they want if it benefits them, even when what they are doing is wrong.

Mickeylover

peter11435 said:
They do only sell a certain number of tickets. That certain number is what the park can handle.

Well obviously the parks cannot handle these numbers, based upon the crowds during this time period.

peter11435

Mickeylover said:
Well obviously the parks cannot handle these numbers, based upon the crowds during this time period.
They can handle translates to "can hold and feed." Just because there is a three hour wait for Splash Mountain does not mean the park cannot handle that. You just have to accept the fact that when you visit during peak times you will get on less. The simple fact of that many people being there every year during this time of year proves they can handle it.

Tramp

Mickeylover said:
What can I say? I'm sorry so many of you feel so sour about this. But we did what we had to to have a good time.

It's troubling that your OK with this. Your foolish lack of discretion and casual bragging in public after doing so speaks volumes of your character. You obviously don't give a rat's behind that you had a good time at the expense of other families in the park. :mad:

I don't give negative rep points often, but this deserves it. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom