Magic Kingdom Closes!

Swfewrmco

Gucci65 said:
Per Eeeyores request to get this thread back on track:

Approx. how many times in a year does MK close?

Anyone?

I think that the MK closes 365 times a year, usually around closing time. I think it reopens every day around opening time.

tigger248

Gucci65 said:
Per Eeeyores request to get this thread back on track:

Approx. how many times in a year does MK close?

Anyone?

Mainly super busy days like holidays: 4th of July, Easter, Christmas, New Years (both day and eve are busy). Also during peak times like spring break and the weeks before and after Christmas (when the kids are out of school. Major over night difference when school let out in December). There could be more, but those are the main ones that immediately come to mind.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
dizryan said:
I think that the MK closes 365 times a year, usually around closing time. I think it reopens every day around opening time.

Barring weather related events....cough hurricanes cough... :lookaroun :lookaroun

Gucci65

tigger248 said:
Mainly super busy days like holidays: 4th of July, Easter, Christmas, New Years (both day and eve are busy). Also during peak times like spring break and the weeks before and after Christmas (when the kids are out of school. Major over night difference when school let out in December). There could be more, but those are the main ones that immediately come to mind.

Thank you ! :wave:

speck76

Passing SeaWorld today as I left work, all parking areas (including the overflow lots by the HBJ building) were full, and guests were being parked on the sides of service roads.........I would hate to be there when the park closes tonight!

basas

I could only imagine the wait for Journey to Atlantis (Kracken doesn't seem to get as long waits for some reason..)...anyone know how the MK crowds are today or yesterday?

Foolish Mortal

Kwit35 said:
We were at Epcot yesterday, freezing our butts off. The crowds were great. We got there one hour after opening, parked right up front, walked to the gate, longest wait was in Norway (15 minutes). Great day, but cold! Now we are back in Philly where it is even colder. Yesterday I was cold and happy, today I am cold and missing FL.

If you flew USAir, is your luggage home as well ?? :lol: Sorry, off topic I know, but for those living arround Philly and hearing the horror stories that are going on in PHL with the baggage handlers you'd understand. Now back to our regularly scheduled topic......

Kwit35

We had to wait for an hour to get our luggage (which is pretty good for Philly) but we did get it back. There was ALOT of luggage, just sitting around the baggage claim area. We are going back, next week for the marathon. I hope the crowds thin out, just a little by then. Although, I like to see the parks busy.

speck76

I went to Epcot tonight.....the parking lot was about 95% full, and the park was quite busy.

TT waits at 7pm.....160 minutes for Standby, 100 minutes for single rider.

TURKEY

Pixie Duster said:
Bear in mind folks TT usually has a considerable wait because of its techinical issues.
Even during summer months, it usually isn't 100 minutes for single rider line no matter how many breakdowns.

njblackberry

MK on Wednesday

We went to the MK on Wednesday. We were there very early - in the gates by 7:45AM and on SGE by 8:05AM. Did Buzz, got FastPasses for Space Mountain and walked right onto Pooh, Mickey's Philharmagic and Haunted Mansion. Back to Space Mountain (to use the FP) and the wait at 10:00 was 60 minutes. My daughter commented that the crowds must have followed us, since we were able to do a lot of the rides we wanted to do by 11:00, when it started to get crazy. Got great seats for the parade (which was fantastic). And then it got REALLY crowded. Unfortunately, can't tell you any wait times besides Space Mountain.

BTW - the Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks at midnight on the 30th were outstanding.

wdwjmp239

New Years Eve Magic Kingdom Closing

We were on our way to the MK and the bus driver said MK was closed. There were 80,000 people in the park. Well, by the time we got there, there were people leaving MK. As they were leaving, we walked right in.

Also, the bus driver stated that tonight were at a Level 3 (guests with resort keys only can enter). Can someone elaborate on the different levels? Thanks!

speck76

I was at Epcot tonight....parked in Wonder 95....which is half way to Tampa.

The security guard said that Epcot can hold 144K, but they would never fill it that full, they expected about 90K. The signs said that the MK was closed.

peter11435

ntn_haqqer said:
We were on our way to the MK and the bus driver said MK was closed. There were 80,000 people in the park. Well, by the time we got there, there were people leaving MK. As they were leaving, we walked right in.

Also, the bus driver stated that tonight were at a Level 3 (guests with resort keys only can enter). Can someone elaborate on the different levels? Thanks!
I think, but I am not sure that
-Level 1 = normal operation.
-Level 2 = Day guests not allowed in. CM's and AP's and Resort guests are still admitted.
-Level 3 = CM's and AP's no longer allowed in. Only Resort guests can enter.
-Level 4 = No one is let into the park.

Siege898

yesterday, i went to universal studios (not disney because of my black-out dates) and the lines were pretty bad. almost three hours for the mummy and express passes for it were at 10-11 when we got there between 10-11. coming out, they directed us an alternate route to come up the valet escalators and out. people coming in, going to citywalk, were nto allowed to come in, (had to wait at the rotunda) until it cleared. it didnt seem that bad at USF, but i can imagine what IOA was like, even though they had the same fireworks.

BwanaBob

MK was at Phase 3 from about noon-ish on. It had dropped briefly about mid-day, then shot right back up to '3' within the hour. Stayed there till midnight.

I was on the phone checking levels all day in hopes I would be able to squeeze in.

No luck.

I did manage to get a good parking spot at Epcot though... drove past the hoards towards Wonder as well... only I made it up to the walkways up front :D ....

ONLY TO SIT IN GRIDLOCK TILL 2AM! :snore:

wdwjmp239

peter11435 said:
I think, but I am not sure that
-Level 1 = normal operation.
-Level 2 = Day guests not allowed in. CM's and AP's and Resort guests are still admitted.
-Level 3 = CM's and AP's no longer allowed in. Only Resort guests can enter.
-Level 4 = No one is let into the park.

That would suck if Disney was at Level 4! Could you imagine if you had reservations for New Years Eve and they were at Level 4?

Speaking of which -- when would Disney go to Level 4? And, when was the last time Disney saw a Level 4?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom