Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Studios closed due to capacity (Dec 28)

Admiral01

Premium Member
So, why didn't EPCOT hit phased closings this week? Does it have that much more capacity than the other three parks? EPCOT is always my go-to park when it is crowded...is there a statistical reason why?

Scuttle

So, why didn't EPCOT hit phased closings this week? Does it have that much more capacity than the other three parks? EPCOT is always my go-to park when it is crowded...is there a statistical reason why?

Yes because Epcot is huge and has a lot of walking area. I wish they would put a weenie of some sort over by Italy or Germany to help disperse crowds away from future world.

rct247

Where do they put all the people when the lines get this long? Space Mountain's indoor queue fills up back to the entrance when the wait time is what, 75 minutes?

It really comes down to Fastpasses.

First, on regular days a steady stream but average stream of guests getting Fastpasses. The Fastpass distribution times are not too far in the day and sometimes the distribution time changes for time reasons. On extremely busy days, there is a heavy flow of guests getting Fastpasses. The Fastpass distribution times are far off in the day and the distribution time changes due to the allotted Fastpass limit being reached.

With the Fastpass return line and merge points, there are certain ratios that each attractions use. Sometimes these are like 10 stand-by for every 50 Fastpasses. Technically these ratios are enforced all the time, but sometimes during average and non-peak days there isn't a steady stream of Fastpass return guests so more stand-by guests are typically admitted with Fastpass guests. During extremely busy times, the ratios are strictly enforced to prevent Fastpass lines from getting too long. The result is that the stand-by line suffers quite a bit!

Combine those factors with the large amount of people in the park in the first place and you get a line that takes forever. Plus there is an extended queue outside of Space Mountain that is really only used during a peak period like this. It isn't uncommon for the line to even stretch beyond that extended queue.

Mike730

Yes because Epcot is huge and has a lot of walking area. I wish they would put a weenie of some sort over by Italy or Germany to help disperse crowds away from future world.

Every Person Comes Out Tired.....

Also, didn't they plan to have the United States Pavilion as the 'weenie'? Although it doesn't really work....

Scuttle

Every Person Comes Out Tired.....

Also, didn't they plan to have the United States Pavilion as the 'weenie'? Although it doesn't really work....

Your right. It was intended to be the "weenie" and as good as AA is it doesn't really work.

BrittanyRose428

I have pictures of the crowds from this week if anyones interested... well if anyone is still interested when I go back to school where the usb for my camera is in two weeks lol :( But it was pretty insane, I've never seen so many people in my life.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have pictures of the crowds from this week if anyones interested... well if anyone is still interested when I go back to school where the usb for my camera is in two weeks lol :( But it was pretty insane, I've never seen so many people in my life.

I would love to see photos of the crowds this week. I can't imagine what it must be like there.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
DHS has officially reached the "never again" phase for me as of 12:00. That said, they actually opened at 7:30 this morning, so by 9:00 we had hit just about every major ride (ToT and RnRC twice). Star Tours had a 10 minute wait, and Under the Seas was a walk-on around 9:30.

They were also handing out FOs for the LMA Show at 10:00 at the baggage check area.

bullsforthewin

DHS has officially reached the "never again" phase for me as of 12:00. That said, they actually opened at 7:30 this morning, so by 9:00 we had hit just about every major ride (ToT and RnRC twice). Star Tours had a 10 minute wait, and Under the Seas was a walk-on around 9:30.

They were also handing out FOs for the LMA Show at 10:00 at the baggage check area.

What phase are they in right now?

BrittanyRose428

Heres what I have for pictures so far, apologies for the crappy cell phone pictures, my cord for my camera is at school and I'm at home of course. :hammer:

This is in front of the castle looking down Main Street about 30 min. before the Dream Along with Mickey Show.

IMG-20111227-00308.jpg

And this is Hollywood Studios, around 8:15, in front of the entrance for the 10:00 showing of Fantasmic.

IMG-20111228-00313.jpg

JimboJones123

Heres what I have for pictures so far, apologies for the crappy cell phone pictures, my cord for my camera is at school and I'm at home of course. :hammer:

This is in front of the castle looking down Main Street about 30 min. before the Dream Along with Mickey Show.

IMG-20111227-00308.jpg

And this is Hollywood Studios, around 8:15, in front of the entrance for the 10:00 showing of Fantasmic.

IMG-20111228-00313.jpg

I would love to load my cell phone pix here too?

What is the easiest way?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have to work tonight then work in the morning lol so i am going to sleep in the new year

I don't have to work tonight or tomorrow, and Im sleeping in the new year. New Years celebrations are for the younger crowd. :lol: Ive seen my fair share.

Edit....I will be sleeping in the new year if its not WW3 in my neighborhood with all the fireworks. I may go ahead and be a scrooge and call the police this year since Im moving out of state.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom