Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Studios closed due to capacity (Dec 28)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some other wait time posted on the internet show

Philharmagic @ 30 minutes
iTTbaB @ 25 minutes
Soarin' @ 180
EE @ 95
Maelstrom @ 50
Dino @ 70
KS @ 130

I am glad that I am not there. Could this be the year that all 4 hit phase closure together?

It will be interesting to see if all 4 do close. I don't think it has happened since NYE 99/2000.

Bolt

Tip Board Status:

Studios
Toy Story Mania - 150
Coaster - 110
Tower - 70
Star Tours - 80
Backlot - 30
GMR - 30

Epcot
Character Spot - 80
Figment - 20
Land - 20
Maelstrom - 45
Mission Space: Green - 50
Mission Space: Orange - 95
Soarin - 180
SSE - 50
Test Track -120
Test Track Single - 75
Nemo - 40

DAK
Dinosaur - 70
Everest - 80
Tough to be Bug - 30
Kali Rapids - 130
Safari - 120
Primeval Whirl - 50

Magic Kingdom
Small World - 40
Astro - 40
Mickey M&G - 40
BTMR - 110
Space Ranger Spin - 90
Princess M&G - 35
Dumbo - 70
Haunted Mansion - 70
Jungle Cruise - 85
Tea Party - 50
Mickey's Phil - 30
Monsters Inc - 30
Peter Pans - 90
Pirates - 70
Snow White - 45
Space Mountain - 165
Splash - 80
Stitch - 30
Swiss - 15
Aladdin - 30
Pooh - 80
Tomorrowland Speedway - 60

These wait times are remarkable. I have never seen anything like this before. I was at Disneyland on NYE 09/10 and nothing was even close to this.

plaz10

I would go during Christmas week. Not as like my regular vacation but just to enjoy holiday festivities and people watch. If I were a local w/an annual pass or something - I'd visit just for the experience of such a crazy crowded time.

njDizFan

These wait times are remarkable. I have never seen anything like this before. I was at Disneyland on NYE 09/10 and nothing was even close to this.
Unfortunately, these are the wait times I experience everytime I go. As the spouse of a teacher we are only able to go during easter, Christmas or the middle of summer. this is normal for my family...

Pioneer Hall

Unfortunately, these are the wait times I experience everytime I go. As the spouse of a teacher we are only able to go during easter, Christmas or the middle of summer. this is normal for my family...

It might be time for you to consider a new spouse with a more flexible schedule ;):ROFLOL:

The only way I could see this day being at all enjoyable would be spending most of it outside of the parks and probably only on NYE itself. I would spend most of the day away from any attractions and stay at a resort in the Epcot resort area. I would have a nice dinner somewhere and have some drinks before heading into Epcot in the evening where I don't mind just walking around WS.

Every time I've been (except the Trip to Disneyland) have been during Easter/Spring Break. When we are at WDW for Easter we usually go to Magic Kingdom and we have never seen 60 + minute lines at so many attractions. Usually the three mountains break 60 (along with Pan) but we hit Fantasyland in the morning and don't ever return. Most of the attractions are 35-45 minute waits. Nothing outrageous as seen today with 120-180 min lines.

njDizFan

It might be time for you to consider a new spouse with a more flexible schedule ;):ROFLOL:

The only way I could see this day being at all enjoyable would be spending most of it outside of the parks and probably only on NYE itself. I would spend most of the day away from any attractions and stay at a resort in the Epcot resort area. I would have a nice dinner somewhere and have some drinks before heading into Epcot in the evening where I don't mind just walking around WS.
...Actually...umm...yeah, "Evan over at the Magic said my vacations would be more enjoyable if I traveled in off-season, honey I think we should talk"...

njDizFan

Every time I've been (except the Trip to Disneyland) have been during Easter/Spring Break. When we are at WDW for Easter we usually go to Magic Kingdom and we have never seen 60 + minute lines at so many attractions. Usually the three mountains break 60 (along with Pan) but we hit Fantasyland in the morning and don't ever return. Most of the attractions are 35-45 minute waits. Nothing outrageous as seen today with 120-180 min lines.
yeah I don't know...my last 3 trips(August 09, Xmas 09, Easter '10), all had lines consistant with these times.

The Mountains I rarely see below 100 minutes...

Pioneer Hall

...Actually...umm...yeah, "Evan over at the Magic said my vacations would be more enjoyable if I traveled in off-season, honey I think we should talk"...

See...look how easy it could be.

While not Disney...reports are that both Universal Parks have closings and LegoLand officially tweeted that they aren't letting new guests into the park.

Bolt

The second performance of Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will also be stepping off 10 minutes early from Frontierland today (Wednesday, Dec. 28), at 3:20 p.m.

njDizFan

I don't know if this a sign of the economy but after seeing huge increases in attendance during F&W week and now 3 parks phased closings prior to NYE at least the Orlando area is experiencing some positive growth.

Bolt

Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom have all reopened.

There are no Phase Closings at this time. All parks are currently at normal operation.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
See...look how easy it could be.

While not Disney...reports are that both Universal Parks have closings and LegoLand officially tweeted that they aren't letting new guests into the park.

And I can assure you DtD was no escape either. World of Disney was a claustrophobic's nightmare, and Earl had a line out the door- by the side attached to the kitchen shop next door. Although I must say parking was not an issue. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom