Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Studios closed due to capacity (Dec 28)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Earl has a line out the door on the slowest days of the year :ROFLOL:

LOL very true! I don't know how that place has remained with the same layout for all these years. It desperately needs a reconfiguration.

Pioneer Hall

And I can assure you DtD was no escape either. World of Disney was a claustrophobic's nightmare, and Earl had a line out the door- by the side attached to the kitchen shop next door. Although I must say parking was not an issue. :shrug:

I need you to pick me up about 2 dozen holiday sandwiches

GLaDOS

LOL very true! I don't know how that place has remained with the same layout for all these years. It desperately needs a reconfiguration.

Yea. With all the closings and reconfiguring of DTD, I can't believe Earl hasn't moved to a bigger location or expanded.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yea. With all the closings and reconfiguring of DTD, I can't believe Earl hasn't moved to a bigger location or expanded.

No doubt it is hugely profitable, but it is a nightmare for the staff and guests.

GLaDOS

No doubt it is hugely profitable, but it is a nightmare for the staff and guests.

I'll give it to the Earl staff though - they crank through those lines so fast.:sohappy:

Definitely. They crank sandwiches out quickly. The real problem comes with seating. The place can't accommodate the demand for seating. During November-March it's not a big deal, since you can just sit outside comfortably.

But when it's hot? Man, I have no desire to go to Earl during the busy time.

Bolt

You mean you don't want to sit and eat and watch a random DJ on the stage? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

danpam1024

I don't know if this a sign of the economy but after seeing huge increases in attendance during F&W week and now 3 parks phased closings prior to NYE at least the Orlando area is experiencing some positive growth.

yeah- I see it as GOOD news! Maybe no-so-good for discounts though:lol:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
with rare exception, as a local, I only go to EPCOT during the busy times and generally spend the entire time in WS. I hit the longer less popular shows especially in the summer.

I do need to make an exception on Friday, I'm heading to DHS for one of the CW shows after work, but that's a rare exception.

bayoutinkbelle

A friend and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. Never been at this time of year, so I will make the best of it.

Still, it'll be better than being at work. :D

71jason

Local 6 is reporting the Universal's IOA and Legoland Florida are also at capacity (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Or...uests/-/1637132/7116446/-/jher1z/-/index.html)

Good thing I stay away this time of the year.... :)

On Monday, I heard Universal "exceeded expectations" last week in terms of crowds, and I have to say, anecdotally, traffic sure seems worse this year than the past few years. I used to be able to travel east-bound I-4 to 192 before hitting gridlock, but this week, it's been starting around Celebration.

DTD Marketplace was nighttime busy in the middle of the afternoon today. Walkways barely passable.

Minnie1976

We were at Disney World from Dec. 21-27th of this year. Glad we left yesterday to come home. On our 2009 trip we saw cues for the monorail at ticket and transportation on Dec. 29th. This year it was getting more crowded each day after Christmas. While we were there if you were staying on property and used EMH and fast passes it was ok. We had a ball and rode everything we wanted and some attractions many times. Came home exhausted, many days up at 5 or 6 a.m. and not to bed til after midnight and one night 2:30 a.m.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom