Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Studios closed due to capacity (Dec 28)

I was there from the 23rd to January 6th last year and I though it was busy then but looking at this year it's worse I am glad in a way I wasn't there. Three parks were at phase 2. Universal Closed jeez shows things might be looking up for the park after this recession.

Although the people sandwhich is not my ideal fun thing it's still an amazing experience being at WDW for Christmas, how I miss it.

WDW1974

I was about to type how these things are typical (and they are to large degree) when the local SoFla news teased a story showing horrendous crowds at the UNI parking plaza today.

They aren't pleasant times to be at theme parks, but generally things at WDW don't get bad or REALLY bad until you hit a Phase III close because 85% of people entering the parks are gonna (by that point) be in the 3 and 4 categories.

I still don't get how anyone could enjoy themselves when things are that crazy. I've done so many times, but that was in my younger, dumber days.

I would expect the crowds to be crazy through the weekend, but then start slowing down quite quickly on Monday. Maybe I'll take a Spirited visit next week? ... Or not.

dclfan

Does anyone happen to have pictures of all this craziness, the lines and such. My dad growing up was pretty much a crowdaphobic (I know I'm making this word up) so we always were pulled out of school during off peak times and I'm dying to see how crowded it really looks. Thanks in advance lets see those pictures :xmas::)

MissM

Does anyone happen to have pictures of all this craziness, the lines and such. My dad growing up was pretty much a crowdaphobic (I know I'm making this word up) so we always were pulled out of school during off peak times and I'm dying to see how crowded it really looks. Thanks in advance lets see those pictures :xmas::)
If you want to see packed crowds in general, this was 4th of July this year.

july0411-crowds.jpg

I'm sure someone has current, Christmas season pictures too. When it gets packed like this, it's just insane.

dclfan

If you want to see packed crowds in general, this was 4th of July this year.

july0411-crowds.jpg

I'm sure someone has current, Christmas season pictures too. When it gets packed like this, it's just insane.

OMG This is nuts, how do you even make your way into the park? Thank you so much for posting. I think all those people would get me a little rattled.

disneygirl1024

The parks reaching capacity, Disney and Universal, made our local news yesterday in Cincinnati. Needless to say I was shocked to see how crowded it was. Hollll leeeee crap!!!!! It was funny to see that would make the news all the way up here.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Kevin Yee tweeted a picture of the old-style Tip Board at Epcot yesterday evening (about 5:15pm), Soarin' was listed at a 210 minute wait. :eek: Also tweeted a pic earlier today, Safari stand-by line started at the Dawa Bar and was 120 minutes.

One of my co-workers was going to WDW this week for a few days (I said 2 days at MK and 1 day at DHS, if they only went for 3 days... probably decent advise given the crowds!), I'll be very curious to hear about his experiences next week. ;)

PhilharMagician

Kevin Yee tweeted a picture of the old-style Tip Board at Epcot yesterday evening (about 5:15pm), Soarin' was listed at a 210 minute wait. :eek: Also tweeted a pic earlier today, Safari stand-by line started at the Dawa Bar and was 120 minutes.

One of my co-workers was going to WDW this week for a few days (I said 2 days at MK and 1 day at DHS, if they only went for 3 days... probably decent advise given the crowds!), I'll be very curious to hear about his experiences next week. ;)

I saw 240 minutes @ Soarin' the day after Thanksgiving 2006. I wish I had taken a pic.

MissM

OMG This is nuts, how do you even make your way into the park? Thank you so much for posting. I think all those people would get me a little rattled.
You literally don't. On July 4th we never left Main Street or Tomorrowland because it just wasn't worth it. Mind you, we got there like 4pm specifically just to see the fireworks (we're local AP's) and we had to pick our spot about 90 minutes before and just stay there. No one was moving and there was nowhere to go. It was insane.

rct247

Although Magic Kingdom didn't phase close today, at one point the wait time for Space Mountain was 300 minutes. That is 5 hours!! While, I'm not sure if it truely ever was a 5 hour wait, I did hear from one family who waited 4 hours and 15 minutes!!

c-one

Although Magic Kingdom didn't phase close today, at one point the wait time for Space Mountain was 300 minutes. That is 5 hours!! While, I'm not sure if it truely ever was a 5 hour wait, I did hear from one family who waited 4 hours and 15 minutes!!

Where do they put all the people when the lines get this long? Space Mountain's indoor queue fills up back to the entrance when the wait time is what, 75 minutes?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Where do they put all the people when the lines get this long? Space Mountain's indoor queue fills up back to the entrance when the wait time is what, 75 minutes?

My guess would be they cut the FP line off at the bottom of the tunnel and used both lines after that point. Then, I think the stand-by line would be extended well beyond the front entrance, possibly running back and forth into the courtyard and around the merchandise carts.

But still... 300 minutes?!?!?! Even if it was truly closer to 4 hours, as mentioned by the family above, it's still utter insanity to wait that long for *any* ride. :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Legoland. :D

Oh, and Legoland is succeeding just as I predicted. I don't post as often but I still accept apologies from those who doubted me. :wave:

How about you give it a year, rather than one hyperactive holiday season that is seeing many parks closing due to capacity?

Or maybe even going there yourself? But since that will never happen, better stick to Plan A.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom