News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

jrhwdw

I'd imagine practical limits would be in play (availability...) - but I would hope they aren't looking to trim shows for cost reasons. Maybe if you were talking about how to charge to see some shells... that I could see... ;)
IDK if COVID could cause cuts? I was just asking. It would be nice if we weren't on Shell Watch every night.

gerarar

Premium Member
There were pyro cuts? In what way?
Were there actually pyro cuts to HEA from 2017 to 2020? I know the shells changed but supposedly that was due to having a surplus of shells for a different event, if I recall correctly.

Or are we expecting that the pyro cuts will be evident this July?
EF definitely had pyro cuts. Sometime after a month (so like Nov/Dec 2019) the show debuted, the pyro were approximately cut in half. Like Martin said, where before 4 fireworks would launch, 2 only would now. This is very evident in the finale as they would typically launch by 4’s and 2’s, but now launch by 2’s and 1’s. The other segment is the Tapestry of Nations where it’s really evident the pyro used to form a “halo” around the lagoon.

Now for HEA, I used to religiously watch this show daily. The pyro in the show actually improved from 2017 to late 2018 as the custom intended pyro for the show replaced the old-stock from Wishes and etc.

Now one area of the show where you can tell if supply or cuts have been made is the finale. From around late 2018 to early 2019, the finale package has been the best its ever been. Right up until the closure in March 2020, the finale has been greatly reduced/cut in terms of booms and numbers.

Here’s a comparison. The first one is just more satisfying and complete with the sheer number and scale of the fireworks used.

Early 2019:

March 2020:

I hope HEA isn’t slashed in any way. The pyro connects with the music and projections like it’s supposed to through color, sounds, abundance, and it’s timing.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

EF definitely had pyro cuts. Sometime after a month (so like Oct/Nov 2019) the show debuted, the pyro were approximately cut in half. Like Martin said, where before 4 fireworks would launch, 2 only would now. This is very evident in the finale as they would typically launch by 4’s and 2’s, but now launch by 2’s and 1’s. The other segment is the Tapestry of Nations where it’s really evident the pyro used to form a “halo” around the lagoon.

Now for HEA, I used to religiously watch this show daily. The pyro in the show actually improved from 2017 to late 2018 as the custom intended pyro for the show replaced the old-stock from Wishes and etc.

Now one area of the show where you can tell if supply or cuts have been made is the finale. From around late 2018 to early 2019, the finale package has been the best its ever been. Right up until the closure in March 2020, the finale has been greatly reduced/cut in terms of booms and numbers.

Here’s a comparison. The first one is just more satisfying and complete with the sheer number and scale of the fireworks used.

Early 2019:

March 2020:

I hope HEA isn’t slashed in any way. The pyro connects with the music and projections like it’s supposed to through color, sounds, abundance, and it’s timing.

IDK, March 2020 still looks stunning to me!!!!

Sorry if I'm worrying anyone with the cuts question. This never happened before: completely pyro dead for 15 months, then returning. Who knows what we can expect!

gerarar

Premium Member
IDK, March 2020 still looks stunning to me!!!!

Sorry if I'm worrying anyone with the cuts question. This never happened before: completely pyro dead for 15 months, then returning. Who knows what we can expect!
The early 2019 has more fireworks, like double the amount. Can tell alone by the sound of them exploding lol. I don’t think it was necessarily a pyro cut situation, but supply ran out and eventually it never returned to its previous state since it’s been like that for a year.

Also pyro doesn’t have an “expiration” date, it just needs to be examined after a period of time. So most likely case Disney used their existing stock in their various other tests or sent it back to the manufacturer.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
man I wish I knew what these acronyms meant

Squishy

EF definitely had pyro cuts. Sometime after a month (so like Nov/Dec 2019) the show debuted, the pyro were approximately cut in half. Like Martin said, where before 4 fireworks would launch, 2 only would now. This is very evident in the finale as they would typically launch by 4’s and 2’s, but now launch by 2’s and 1’s. The other segment is the Tapestry of Nations where it’s really evident the pyro used to form a “halo” around the lagoon.

Early 2019:

March 2020:

One thing that was bothering me for a while, somewhere in late Jan 2020 and leading up to the closure one of the 2nd to last finale close proximity sequences has been a bit off sync. I've watched this show so many times and even one thing being off registers to me :banghead:
mOcLMeu.jpeg

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
One thing that was bothering me for a while, somewhere in late 2019 and leading up to the closure one of the 2nd to last finale close proximity sequences has been a bit off sync. I've watched this show so many times and even one thing being off registers to me :banghead:
mOcLMeu.jpeg
Agree! There was a pyro change for that 2nd to last sequence in which it lasts a couple seconds more in the air before it explodes. They finally made it launch earlier to compensate for the longer buffer time by late 2019 iirc.

Disney Dead Head

Agree! There was a pyro change for that 2nd to last sequence in which it lasts a couple seconds more in the air before it explodes. They finally made it launch earlier to compensate for the longer buffer time by late 2019 iirc.
Just and FYI, but my buddy is the Pyro Tech here for the local minor league baseball team and he does them every Friday night.

1) they do adjust the show from time to time depending on weather conditions certain shells he wont use depending on wind speed and direction as well as other variables. so it possible thats what youre seeing with changes.
2) i asked about supply chain and he said its tough but if Disney picked up the phone they would have supplies jumping thru hoops to get them what they need and they use custom projectiles not off the shelf stuff

TTA94

Speaking of... if fireworks are coming back, then parades could work as well. Actually even easier since a daytime parade doesn't have the same transportation issues (but has entertainment casting needs). Any chance we might see FoF return sometime soon?

Just my guess that might be the hold up.

Squishy

The holdup for parades is on the technician side. There's currently no active technicians who know how to operate and maintain the show control program that runs FoF. It's a very unique and temperamental piece of technology.
While on the topic of parades, did they lower the audio volume or disable the speakers on some of the cavalcade units? I noticed you're able to hear the motors much more now compared to when they used to run move it shake it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom