News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

HairyChest

81DAC92B-0D2E-4F39-8C2A-F88F060567C1.jpeg

flutas

Next week is a Social Media (ie: influencer) push for DLR still iirc. (14th) "Magic is Here"

There is a gap week for the 15th through the 22nd.

Then the 30th is Avengers Campus media events.

June is focused on DCA for Avengers Campus mostly from what I've heard.

Just an update to this...

Hearing peeps from a few birds that 15-22nd may be the annual pin event announcement.

Of course nothing stops Disney from doing more than 1 per week, but they do like to space everything out for attention.

doctornick

Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular is saying hello...

I feel like if they are going to bring "something" to DHS that Fantasmic! would make more sense first - easier to control crowd spacing and its a more unique offering. but what do I know.

On the flip side, I guess there might be more concern with spacing/protecting cast unlike with a projection/pyro show.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DAK does need something again at night besides the TOL projections. Hopefully something happens during the 50th in some way shape or form.
Far too late for anything new/of substance to happen at AK for the 50th from a nighttime show perspective.

I’m waiting for a FitS return followed by Wishes! at MK. 😉

ABQ

@GoofGoof just mentioned this in another thread:

For those still interested in WDW....EPCOT Forever music was testing overnight. Seems like we are inching closer to the return of nighttime shows and all signs point to EPCOT being first back. Disney has their earnings call Thursday so will be interesting to see what (if anything) Chappie has to say about the Summer ramp up at the parks. It’s possible OC Florida hits 50% and enters phase 2 by the time of the earnings call. Gives us something else to talk about.
seems appropriate to drop here .

mattpeto

I guess I'm confused. I thought MK was the first fireworks spectacular expected back, then Epcot.

Has it flipped since yesterday?

doctornick

I guess I'm confused. I thought MK was the first fireworks spectacular expected back, then Epcot.

(My guess...) The information from the OP seemed to be that MK fireworks would be returning in advance of Harmonious premiering, but the OP did not realize that Epcot Forever coming back was in the cards. So, the current wisdom seems to be that Epcot Forever and some show at MK - we still haven't seen clarification on what show, whether HEA or something less projection oriented like Wishes - will debut around the same time. Perhaps with Epcot Forever being first/coming soon.

doctornick

DAK does need something again at night besides the TOL projections. Hopefully something happens during the 50th in some way shape or form.

I was wondering about this... are they currently doing the ToL Awakenings projections? I know it's not a "big" spectacular and doesn't draw as much attention, but that could cause the kinds of crowding in front of the Tree that Disney seems to be worried about in front of the castle (Hub/Main Street). If it is currently running, how has crowds been there?

Also, on that note, there was plans for some sort of projection show on SSE in Epcot, right? I guess that was going to be part of the 50th, but will it start sooner?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

(My guess...) The information from the OP seemed to be that MK fireworks would be returning in advance of Harmonious premiering, but the OP did not realize that Epcot Forever coming back was in the cards. So, the current wisdom seems to be that Epcot Forever and some show at MK - we still haven't seen clarification on what show, whether HEA or something less projection oriented like Wishes - will debut around the same time. Perhaps with Epcot Forever being first/coming soon.
I mean, I had continually heard EF first, which makes the most sense with distancing and manageable popularity, and MK at some point before 10/1. That could be 9/30 or it could be tomorrow. Timelines have been fluid.

It’s definitely not tomorrow. :p

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m surprised they didn’t bring back EF already. Epcot doesn’t have too much going for it and being “the park that has fireworks” right now would be a good draw. It certainly has lots of room for distancing as well.
They aren’t ready, Covid protocol wise. But they will be.

There may be some surprises in store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom