News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Tom P.

No kidding. It’s just a safety facade but I get why they have to (attempt) to do it initially
I mean, let's be honest. All of the focus and debate seems to hang around masks, but the social distancing thing has gotten far less compliance all along than any other mitigation aspect. Anyone gone through a Walmart checkout line where they are allegedly social distancing? So I'm not surprised that Disney would pay lip service to it by putting markers down but realize that it won't actually happen.

havoc315

Later

Middle of the night / early morning.

There would be reports from monorail resorts guests seeing the fireworks testing. So I’ll call BS.

That news didn’t come from me. No reason to associate what I say with that.

I am the source. Would like to think I’m a reliable one at that. But if you want confirmation, just go door to door of everyone that lives slightly north of Magic Kingdom, ask if they’re a light sleeper, and see if they have been woken up by fireworks in the past few weeks.

ImperfectPixie

I mean, let's be honest. All of the focus and debate seems to hang around masks, but the social distancing thing has gotten far less compliance all along than any other mitigation aspect. Anyone gone through a Walmart checkout line where they are allegedly social distancing? So I'm not surprised that Disney would pay lip service to it by putting markers down but realize that it won't actually happen.
The difference between Stop & Shop (large supermarket) and Walmart is night and day here. Compliance with direction indicators, masks, and distancing are very high at Stop & Shop and dismal at Walmart. I have yet to see the need for anyone to enforce anything at Stop & Shop since the pandemic began, and I'm there once a week. Walmart, on the other hand, NEEDS enforcement and has none. I've seen people lower their masks to their chin the minute they think no one can see them while inside the store, and more often than not, I need to move my cart to be behind me in line to prevent the person there from walking right up to me.

bcoachable

How far in advance of a proposed “launch date” (see what I did there??!!) would Disney need to call back fireworks specific folks? Don’t those cast need certifications etc?

flutas

It would be very foolish to premiere them ON July 4. Expect further announcements in the weeks ahead. Two weeks ago, DL was the focus. This past week was Halloween. They’ll move on to some further summer entertainment announcements soon. I dare not estimate when—I’ve long ago given up trying to predict when marketing releases information. Memorial Day is a logical time to announce summer offerings but they aren’t always logical.

If it were me deciding, and it’s not, I’d want bang out of my buck all summer and would start fireworks sometime next month so you don’t have all the locals converge on the park for July 4. Curious to see what they decide. They want something for summer and already delayed Rat as the BIG 50th ride....

Next week is a Social Media (ie: influencer) push for DLR still iirc. (14th) "Magic is Here"

There is a gap week for the 15th through the 22nd.

Then the 30th is Avengers Campus media events.

I think if they’re smart, they should start fireworks back up June 1st or June 5th. That gives them a week or two before summer really kicks off for the locals to get their fix.

June is focused on DCA for Avengers Campus mostly from what I've heard.

Next week is a Social Media (ie: influencer) push for DLR still iirc. (14th) "Magic is Here"

There is a gap week for the 15th through the 22nd.

Then the 30th is Avengers Campus media events.

June is focused on DCA for Avengers Campus mostly from what I've heard.
There is some expected announcement on May 18th, I'm not sure what it is for though

TTA94

In the Harmonious thread it was mentioned there was a rumor of EF returning the end of June. If true maybe MK will be around that time as well.

Big question here is if MK will be park reservation only or are we looking at a new DAH. Epcot could probably go by park reservations since, aside from opening nights, EF isn’t going to be a major of a draw as HEA. I would think MK will be a cluster on the majority of nights, unless WDW is ready to go back to pre covid crowds and the mass exit.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
In the Harmonious thread it was mentioned there was a rumor of EF returning the end of June. If true maybe MK will be around that time as well.

Big question here is if MK will be park reservation only or are we looking at a new DAH. Epcot could probably go by park reservations since, aside from opening nights, EF isn’t going to be a major of a draw as HEA. I would think MK will be a cluster on the majority of nights, unless WDW is ready to go back to pre covid crowds and the mass exit.
I don’t see how EF could return with all the barge tacos in the water now

Ninja Mom

And ???

I suspect few people who would usually do MNSSHP would go to the Horror Night anyway.
Myself and my group have shifted to doing HHN at Universal. We were ride or die with Boo to You but we are all disgusted by the lack of effort and the nerve to foist an overpriced, inferior, upsell event in place of MNSSHP.

I think when people realize how badly Disney is phoning it in with Halloween, there won't be the demand for the garbage they are putting on versus what is seen with MNSSHP.

Disney is definitely putting lipstick on pig when it comes to Halloween. It is more than a little shameful concerning the lack of effort that Disney is making with it's parks and hotels when other theme parks don't seem to have the same problems.

~NM

bcoachable

Myself and my group have shifted to doing HHN at Universal. We were ride or die with Boo to You but we are all disgusted by the lack of effort and the nerve to foist an overpriced, inferior, upsell event in place of MNSSHP.

I think when people realize how badly Disney is phoning it in with Halloween, there won't be the demand for the garbage they are putting on versus what is seen with MNSSHP.

Disney is definitely putting lipstick on pig when it comes to Halloween. It is more than a little shameful concerning the lack of effort that Disney is making with it's parks and hotels when other theme parks don't seem to have the same problems.

~NM
So, how do you really feel?
;)
I agree that this company is beginning to loose touch with what they are famous for- customer care

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom