News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

zoso

Apologies if I’m reading this wrong, but why are people theorizing if HEA will be replaced? It’s a popular and brand new show. I figured it was gonna run as long as Wishes did?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apologies if I’m reading this wrong, but why are people theorizing if HEA will be replaced? It’s a popular and brand new show. I figured it was gonna run as long as Wishes did?
According to our insiders, it was slated to be replaced for the 50th. However, seeing how it's so popular, they decided to keep it and maybe just add a 50th tag to it. But, plans can change.

Meh. I’d rather just have HEA but get a light parade

New here but over the past year I have read different tidbits here and there on social media. Yes I know most of social media should not be trusted! but in the world of Disney I have no clue who is trusted sources and who is not haha. Maybe some of you can bring me up to speed on if WDW was or is thinking about brining back a light parade? From my screen name you probably guessed what parade was my all time favorite! It was very special to me for many reasons. We may never see anything quite like it again but how wonderful it would be having a light parade back at Magic Kingdom! For me sadly Magic Kingdom has never felt the same at night. Happily Ever After is a wonderful show but wow nothing will ever replace that special feeling of sitting along the parade route, lights go out and watching a bunch of twinkling lights pass by you ✨☺️.

Edit: I did come across the WDW rumor tracker thread? Some older posts connected with the light parade topic. If I am understanding it correctly, it's not a Yes, but not a No?

Last edited:

MadTeacup

True. We know HEA is coming back, temporarily or long term. FoF we haven’t heard anything solid on its return. F! we at least heard from insiders it’s in the plans to return, but nothing about FoF yet. Even insiders confirming it’s a staff or technician issue currently. Understandable though since everything is being kept tight lipped.
I know there's a loose timeline for FoF, but have no clue what it is. Costuming has been given a date for when they have to have all the costumes ready for rehearsals, but no additional performers have been recalled yet.

jrhwdw

I know there's a loose timeline for FoF, but have no clue what it is. Costuming has been given a date for when they have to have all the costumes ready for rehearsals, but no additional performers have been recalled yet.
They should be all set except 1 final cleaning correct? We know the Dragon is for Boo DAH so is that a clue? Will we have the whole FOF Dragon unit except the Fairies for Boo DAH ?

I will be sad to see Happily Ever After go. I was one who did not want Wishes to leave but Happily Ever After grew on me.
Completely agree with you. Wishes was truly a special Pyro heavy masterpiece and I’m glad it got the long run it did. Once I saw HEA the first time in 2018, I was more so stunned at the projection technology and couldn’t really experience the full show and how everything works together for the story. It wasn’t until the second and third time I saw it that I fell in love with it. My wife and I really hope it stays around for a while after any 50th replacement.

nickys

Premium Member
How can they have costumes ready if they don’t know who’s going to wear them? 🤔 What else do they need to do - other than retrieve them from a warehouse?

doctornick

New here but over the past year I have read different tidbits here and there on social media. Yes I know most of social media should not be trusted! but in the world of Disney I have no clue who is trusted sources and who is not haha. Maybe some of you can bring me up to speed on if WDW was or is thinking about brining back a light parade? From my screen name you probably guessed what parade was my all time favorite! It was very special to me for many reasons. We may never see anything quite like it again but how wonderful it would be having a light parade back at Magic Kingdom! For me sadly Magic Kingdom has never felt the same at night. Happily Ever After is a wonderful show but wow nothing will ever replace that special feeling of sitting along the parade route, lights go out and watching a bunch of twinkling lights pass by you ✨☺️.

Edit: I did come across the WDW rumor tracker thread? Some older posts connected with the light parade topic. If I am understanding it correctly, it's not a Yes, but not a No?
Various things were considered per the insiders here including a new parade. But the strongest rumor was that they were considering bringing PTN over from DLR especially since it wasn’t running anymore there. But that was last year before the massive toll of the pandemic hit and I doubt there’s any budget to even consider something like that anymore (and that was the cheap option)

GimpYancIent

Various things were considered per the insiders here including a new parade. But the strongest rumor was that they were considering bringing PTN over from DLR especially since it wasn’t running anymore there. But that was last year before the massive toll of the pandemic hit and I doubt there’s any budget to even consider something like that anymore (and that was the cheap option)
WDW getting PTN would have been great!

TTA94

To add to @doctornicks post, insiders have not yet “officially” said absolutely not happening. I believe the latest comment from @MansionButler84, who had said last year about Paint The Night coming over from DL, said something like He wouldn’t hold his breath on a parade coming and he doesn’t know if MK will ever get a parade again. That combined with the decision WDW has clearly made with the MSUSA projections and Hub tree lights strongly suggests they moved away from the light parade idea in favor of either a new projection show or nighttime show replacement, Yet Again, over a light parade. If true it’s very obvious why because projections and tree lights are a heck of a lot easier and cheaper.

However, let us all keep in mind Disneyland did get MSUSA projections along with a brand new nighttime show And nighttime parade for their 60th. But, was this (pre covid), or is this still, the same plan WDW has? Are they possibly saving a light parade for 2022?

Shorter answer lol, I don’t think anyone knows even the insiders.

To add to @doctornicks post, insiders have not yet “officially” said absolutely not happening. I believe the latest comment from @MansionButler84, who had said last year about Paint The Night coming over from DL, said something like He wouldn’t hold his breath on a parade coming and he doesn’t know if MK will ever get a parade again. That combined with the decision WDW has clearly made with the MSUSA projections and Hub tree lights strongly suggests they moved away from the light parade idea in favor of either a new projection show or nighttime show replacement, Yet Again, over a light parade. If true it’s very obvious why because projections and tree lights are a heck of a lot easier and cheaper.

However, let us all keep in mind Disneyland did get MSUSA projections along with a brand new nighttime show And nighttime parade for their 60th. But, was this (pre covid), or is this still, the same plan WDW has? Are they possibly saving a light parade for 2022?

Shorter answer lol, I don’t think anyone knows even the insiders.

I see, so it is a complicated and unknown situation haha got it :). Thank you both for the update!

jrhwdw

Is DPB working tonight???? Maybe an email to Media or something? Sounds like we're right at the Goal....

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Is DPB working tonight???? Maybe an email to Media or something? Sounds like we're right at the Goal....
An announcement like this is not something they’d drop on a Saturday night, particularly on a Saturday night which happens to be the 5th anniversary of a local tragedy.

When the announcement comes, it’ll be timed to achieve maximum press coverage.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

An announcement like this is not something they’d drop on a Saturday night, particularly on a Saturday night which happens to be the 5th anniversary of the Pulse shooting.

When the announcement comes, it’ll be timed to achieve maximum press coverage.
I get your point but 1 site is like confirming it(the rumor) and it's not the site you think....

BaymaxFan

Hey everyone. I've been "lurking" on this thread for a few days so I thought I'd jump in with some questions and things to say really quick. First I want to say that I'm new to the boards, (I made this account a while back but this is my first time using it.) I'm a member of a different Disney forum but I'm not too active on there, but I came here after finding this thread. I do want to say that I'm definitely not a professional or insider or anything like that by any means. Most info I get either comes from websites or forums like this one.

1) I saw the discussion about Disney not having enough time to order fireworks for a 4th of July show, and that made me wonder a bit. Is it possible that they could've pulled the plug back in April when vaccination rates were going up and ordered them? Or possibly have already ordered them for last years show before the parks shut down and had them in storage? Would they even last that long?

2) Again, these are just my thoughts from the information I've gathered, but it does definitely look like some sort of firework show will return to MK the first week of July, either the 1st or 2nd. With Disney slowly getting rid of distancing markers, and changing their mask rules this week, I strongly believe something is gonna happen.

3) I'm assuming I know what "the site" is, but may I ask why everyone hates them? (not trying to add fuel to a fire here, just genuinely curious.) And are there any more sites we can't name?

4) There is another Disney blog, that I won't name, that shared a link on FB to a site called "Kenny The Pirate" who claims that they are going to test fireworks at MK on June 26th and 28th. I have never heard of this site, is it legit or just talk?

5) Where are people seeing things about a July 4th DPB stream? I haven't seen anything yet.

Sorry for the long comment and stupid questions, please let me know if I messed up or need to delete anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom