News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

mergatroid

I hope you're joking!!! LOL!!

That's why I'm leery of TDO right now! They need to do something in writing to end the confusion!

However Disney seems to be on a roll this afternoon. First Noodles returning, then no masks outside of Disney Transportation so who knows!
The only real confusion is people talking about dates as though they know what's going on when they really don't in the main, it's not Disney causing the confusion. There's Martin and one or two others who know some information and that's it really. There's no harm discussing when we think fireworks are returning, that's the type of thing this forum is made for. However a load of people online saying stuff like "Well it's got to be before 4th July because of it's significance" and "If not the 4th July, soon after but before August anyway", followed by Martin saying "Hopefully, it's fluid" is not confirmation of anything by Disney.

Martin's a joy to behold on here, he's a fantastic source of information and we're extremely fortunate to have his knowledge. He's also equally loyal to those who tell him what's going on and quite rightly has to remain tight lipped about much of what he knows and judge wisely what he releases by weighing up how it could affect his contacts by revealing it. He's pretty much said the dates are fluid and Disney is aiming for a target but that can change. The only confusion I see is people wanting it to be a date and putting stock in what's said on here by people who don't know for sure?

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

Gist for those catching up: PAC told to staff up for 7/1. Disney Parks Live event will happen 7/4. Good chance fireworks start either 7/1 or 7/2 as they will want to get a couple runs in before the live event. No special show or pyro for 7/4. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Gist for those catching up: PAC told to staff up for 7/1. Disney Parks Live event will happen 7/4. Good chance fireworks start either 7/1 or 7/2 as they will to get a couple runs in before the live event. No special show or pyro for 7/4. Did I miss anything?
That's it exactly except for one thing:

It could change.

;)

It's hard because folks that have trips planned soon would be willing to adjust their dates to see fireworks. So some of us are just writhing around impatiently. 😂 No one wants to just miss them!

MadTeacup

The "other site" is showing new lighting installed on trees around the hub. They're still pushing that the 50th is getting its own fireworks show that could replace HEA.
Not meaning to add fuel to the fire, because I'm not the biggest fan of "The site..." but I have also heard from an internal source that there might be a 50th fireworks show in the making - not just a tag. I respect many insiders on this site, but I heard this fireworks rumor from a VERY credible source. I'm honestly at the point where I don't know what to believe.

Giss Neric

Not meaning to add fuel to the fire, because I'm not the biggest fan of "The site..." but I have also heard from an internal source that there might be a 50th fireworks show in the making - not just a tag. I respect many insiders on this site, but I heard this fireworks rumor from a VERY credible source. I'm honestly at the point where I don't know what to believe.
I think we should expect a brand new show and not just a tag after HEA. They have to at least compensate for allegedly having no nighttime parade.

jrhwdw

I think we should expect a brand new show and not just a tag after HEA. They have to at least compensate for allegedly having no nighttime parade.
Since the 50th goes into 2023, maybe a full 50th Show or a real HEA successor later on in the 50th? And MK will just start with a Tag 10/1? If that’s still on, no one's really strong on that the last couple of weeks.

Who knows what COVID did/didn't do to MK's Plans?!

Thank God Fireworks returning is being reported by more people! All we need is DPB! After that, we can wonder about 10/1-50th!

Last edited:

TTA94

With the MSUSA projection rumor and now the hub trees, it does give off the impression something is in the works for sure. Time will tell. It is heartbreaking though that they might have once again decided to go with a new nighttime show over a parade, especially when Disneyland had gotten both a new nighttime show and parade for their 60th. But, I know, we are just coming out of a pandemic. Maybe there still is a chance for a parade in 2022.

TTA94

Speculating of course here but if the plan is indeed to bring back Epcot Forever AND HEA this summer for a final run, I will be extremely thankful to be able to enjoy these before they are potentially gone. Well we know Epcot Forever is definitely on its final run. HEA is a big question mark. Tag or brand new show coming 🤔. Of course we shouldn’t expect insiders to be able to comment on anything yet. Time will tell. Unfortunately we might not hear about it from Disney until August or September lol.

TTA94

Same here! However, let's get FOF/HEA back before we start looking fo rmore!

True. We know HEA is coming back, temporarily or long term. FoF we haven’t heard anything solid on its return. F! we at least heard from insiders it’s in the plans to return, but nothing about FoF yet. Even insiders confirming it’s a staff or technician issue currently. Understandable though since everything is being kept tight lipped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom