Rumor Magic Kingdom 50th Refurbishments

DisneyDebRob

Guests are dumb, half the people whenever I'm on it are looking at their phones and not even listening to the skippers.
That’s mostly every ride anymore.
The Jungle Cruise is EXTREMELY dated and is cornball beyond belief. Walt would have refurbed or torn it out a long time ago. The last time I rode it, the CM was good enough as a performer, but the ride is still cringe-worthy. TDO will have to invest big-time to bring it up to acceptable standards. I have no faith it will do that. But I hope to be surprised. Pleasantly, for a change.
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it supposed to be cornball! That’s the attraction of the ride. I’m not defending it, don’t get me wrong but I enjoy it for what it’s supposed to be. Bad jokes.. mostly good skippers and best of all, seeing people ride it for the first time usually laughing or groaning. Maybe I’m in the minority here.

Ponderer

While at times it is a speech problem for the skippers, I often wonder how much of the problem is also the microphones and speakers.

Whatever the problem(s), an inaudible Captain ruins the journey. I mean, it can’t end fast enough...which sucks if you’ve waited any length of time to board. 😞

I’m positive that was a big part of the performance failure on our last ride.

SteamboatJoe

We could talk about the rest

Philharmagic
Tiki Room
CBJ
COP
Astro Orbiter
Small World
Treehouse

;)

Guesses...

New film and new/updated effects

Moana and, as a result, the story and music

New set to remove some of the more objectionable gags and probably some other random upgrades

Update final scene

Lighting package, queue, effects (spinning planets?)

Adding IP characters a la DL

Tarzan overlay

Goob

As I’m mostly excited about Big Thunder, anyone (@marni1971) have any insight on what they plan to do to it? Other than the expected dynamite scene (IF that’s even a possibility).

UNCgolf

What is the Dragons Den?

There's a cave with a fire breathing dragon (I don't think there was ever any kind of animatronic in the cave, but smoke, roars, and a stream of fire would burst out of the cave opening as though a dragon was inside). It was briefly visible when Animal Kingdom first opened as part of a riverboat ride, but that was shut down pretty quickly. Since they never built the Beastly Kingdom the dragon's den no longer fits into the park.

HmmmmmMMMmm

re: Jungle Cruise Skippers should just be trained better.
Disney made a conscious decision when the park's acting got unionized. They are not allowed to tell the Skippers how to spiel. That's why it's called "spieling" and not "acting" or "performing." Because if Disney tells them how to spiel, it becomes a performance and Disney would have to 1) audition for the roles and 2) pay the Skippers a fair rate.
Spiel pay would be a start. But the end goal should be that the Skippers are an audition only role where the actor is paid to Actors Equity scale.

thequeuelinelectures

Guesses...

New film and new/updated effects

Moana and, as a result, the story and music

New set to remove some of the more objectionable gags and probably some other random upgrades

Update final scene

Lighting package, queue, effects (spinning planets?)

Adding IP characters a la DL

Tarzan overlay

I think this is probably pretty close, aside from Tarzan. Super dated IP and it’s already completely ignored at DL. I’d guess it’ll be zootopia or up or some other jungle compatible IP

bubbles1812

Guests are dumb, half the people whenever I'm on it are looking at their phones and not even listening to the skippers.
Guests (as a collective whole) are dumb! But they are also the ones that pay the bills... unfortunately. Not a shock about the phone, but at the same time, if a skipper ain’t great, I’m not paying attention to them either.

We could talk about the rest

Philharmagic
Tiki Room
CBJ
COP
Astro Orbiter
Small World
Treehouse

;)
I really love Philharmagic but it could desperately use a new... or at least new definition... film. I’d be pleased with a refresh.

Small World, I’ll assume this means the addition of characters. Sacrilege for some, I know. I don’t mind what they did in DL so if it’s realtively innocuous at least I’ll live. I guess we shall see about other posters here ;)

If Moana gets added to the Tiki Room, I’ll also hope for something small vs Maui everywhere. Really wasn’t a fan of Zazu and Iago so please let no original songs be butchered

I’ll lastly just hope CBJ continues to exist period. There were the Rumors of Toy Story, which Disney shot down, but I wouldn’t put it past them to try again.

Movielover

My most enjoyable ride on JC ever was with a Skipper who went off script. Not a lot but just in the right places once or twice to make it surprising. My favorite part was during the hippo pool he set up the pistol "Folks you might want to cover your ears, this could get a little loud", then proceeded to turn to the hippos and shout at the top of his lungs "Are you crazy hippos?!?! I have a gun!!! Whats the matter with you!" It was honestly so random and funny the whole boat was laughing. I gave him a guest compliment at GS for being so interactive and lively with us!

Just wanted to share one very found memory of that ride...

HmmmmmMMMmm

My most enjoyable ride on JC ever was with a Skipper who went off script. Not a lot but just in the right places once or twice to make it surprising. My favorite part was during the hippo pool he set up the pistol "Folks you might want to cover your ears, this could get a little loud", then proceeded to turn to the hippos and shout at the top of his lungs "Are you crazy hippos?!?! I have a gun!!! Whats the matter with you!" It was honestly so random and funny the whole boat was laughing. I gave him a guest compliment at GS for being so interactive and lively with us!

Just wanted to share one very found memory of that ride...
The problem is that Skipper's started to get repermands/fired for making the ride enjoyable in that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom