Rumor Magic Kingdom 50th Refurbishments

smile

That’s mostly every ride anymore.
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it supposed to be cornball! That’s the attraction of the ride. I’m not defending it, don’t get me wrong but I enjoy it for what it’s supposed to be. Bad jokes.. mostly good skippers and best of all, seeing people ride it for the first time usually laughing or groaning. Maybe I’m in the minority here.

oh, it is... but wasn't always
morphing into a farce is the easy way to not only address but utilize it's outdatedness

as if, instead of attempting to periodically breathe new life into sse,
one year it was decided to let everything be and just alter the show to make fun of its old self and wonky 'time travel'
😧

But the end goal should be that the Skippers are an audition only role where the actor is paid to Actors Equity scale.

yes, but adding where there wasn't before?
... where, exactly, do you think you are!?
🤪

jc could be a wonderfully re-imagined experience, but i'd personally dump the skippers for show reasons *ducks*

smile

AsTRON Orbiter

😝

lol hey, why not?!
and jack-jack into the contemp................................

ya know, i almost pity the bobs for having to consistently deal with steamy knickers due to all the ips burning holes in their pockets - can't get em out fast enough!

The day Peter Pan gets the improvements that it needs is the day they actually lower the price of admission.

my, that's a damn fine queue, tho... eh? eh??

Soccerbrad

There's a cave with a fire breathing dragon (I don't think there was ever any kind of animatronic in the cave, but smoke, roars, and a stream of fire would burst out of the cave opening as though a dragon was inside). It was briefly visible when Animal Kingdom first opened as part of a riverboat ride, but that was shut down pretty quickly. Since they never built the Beastly Kingdom the dragon's den no longer fits into the park.
Thanks!! I was familiar with the Beastly Kingdom history but never was able to get on the riverboat before it closed

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The day Peter Pan gets the improvements that it needs is the day they actually lower the price of admission.
The improvement that it needs is an identical clone right on top of it.

Hey didn’t they lower the price of admission by a buck on like 3 days in September when they went to date based pricing? I remember them making a whole thing about it.

UNCgolf

Thanks!! I was familiar with the Beastly Kingdom history but never was able to get on the riverboat before it closed

I never rode it either -- I just happened to be reading something about it a month or so ago and remember the details. There was also a unicorn area you went past which had a big unicorn statue (I think it was supposed to be replaced by animatronics when Beastly Kingdom opened) but that has been totally removed, and there was supposed to be an area where the boat was attacked by a kraken.

EricsBiscuit

re: Jungle Cruise Skippers should just be trained better.
Disney made a conscious decision when the park's acting got unionized. They are not allowed to tell the Skippers how to spiel. That's why it's called "spieling" and not "acting" or "performing." Because if Disney tells them how to spiel, it becomes a performance and Disney would have to 1) audition for the roles and 2) pay the Skippers a fair rate.
Spiel pay would be a start. But the end goal should be that the Skippers are an audition only role where the actor is paid to Actors Equity scale.
This is why we can’t have nice things. It’s too expensive to justify I guess.

Dragonman

There's a cave with a fire breathing dragon (I don't think there was ever any kind of animatronic in the cave, but smoke, roars, and a stream of fire would burst out of the cave opening as though a dragon was inside). It was briefly visible when Animal Kingdom first opened as part of a riverboat ride, but that was shut down pretty quickly. Since they never built the Beastly Kingdom the dragon's den no longer fits into the park.

The ride was actually a functioning transportation service to the different areas of the park, however few guests realized that and were upset that it was not an actual ride (despite the sign stating it’s transportation purposes). There were still many things to see along the ride however including the aforementioned dragons cave, an animatronic iguanadon, geysers, etc

You can find out more about the ride and it’s elements in this video:

SteamboatJoe

I think this is probably pretty close, aside from Tarzan. Super dated IP and it’s already completely ignored at DL. I’d guess it’ll be zootopia or up or some other jungle compatible IP
Tarzan is probably the one I am least confident in. I thought about Zootopia but just couldn't figure how it remotely fits in Adventureland. It's such a different animal, pun intended. Up makes more sense; still not a great fit but that hasn't stopped them before.

I could actually see a Lost Boys treehouse here complete with Tinkerbell nook, something pertaining to Jungle Book, or Rafiki's tree from Lion King.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom