Rumor Magic Kingdom 50th Refurbishments

Crazydisneyfanluke

Original Poster
As information becomes available, I will update this post and provide where I found the information. Here is the list of rumored refurbs for the 50th:
I hope you enjoy the thread! :happy:

Edit: I renamed the thread, organized and added other refurbishments per @marni1971 @WDW Pro and @Walrus from Paris

Last edited:

Goob

I couldn’t be more excited to hear that they are doing an extensive refurb to Big Thunder. My favorite attraction at WDW and Disneyland.

I hope they have more planned other than the explosion effects on the last lift hill, but I am not complaining and will gladly take all we get.

jaxonp

The dynamite effect is great when the timing works well. I also want it to be more explosive than it is. More steam, maybe some water effects.

Also I would maybe anticipate some of the updates that Tokyo Disneyland jungle cruise received like the picture mapping in the temple.

Kman101

I hope the BTMRR refurb includes creating more space in front of the queue entrance because that area gets dangerously crowded.

That's been my hope as well. I'm prepared to be disappointed I'm sure, lol

And I imagine these two are going down when they are so they're nice and shiny and new for the 50th in 2021, so that's a plus.

Not sure I'm ready to see an animatronic The Rock in Jungle Cruise but who knows? I'm open to the Jungle Cruise receiving some changes as long as the bones of the ride remain the same. For me, depends on the movie.

Mjt5126

The explosion effects at DL are awesome but I like how you get whipped around more at WDW. I suspect a refurbishment will take that away.

Creathir

Guest survey scores would say different than Disney purists on the matter of if people enjoy the Jungle Cruise.
Oh I know. Let’s get rid of the jokes.
I bet that’ll really make people happy.
While they are at it maybe they can trash the fake animals. What a bore.
And actually, they should really think about getting rid of the captains. Once the jokes are cut, and the fake animals are gone, they really are pointless.

Everyone will love it then...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom