Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomVF07

Anyone think there’s a good chance WDW will introduce 50th party night events along with the return of the seasonal events?
Honestly it depends on the vaccine rollout at this point. NJ just ramped up doses received so I’m hoping that’s a sign of hope. MNSSHP? One could dream but I’m thinking bank for 22. As for the 50th I think they’re ready to green light when safely possible. I agree with @MansionButler84 it’s a matter of when the bandaid comes off.....and not how.

JAKECOTCenter

Anyone think there’s a good chance WDW will introduce 50th party night events along with the return of the seasonal events?
Vaccine rollout is the key. If it's better than expected and we get herd immunity, they can absolutely come back. But the rollout simply isn't adequate right now for Disney to make that call right now. But that will change once J&J comes out and once supply ramps up

jrhwdw

Vaccine rollout is the key. If it's better than expected and we get herd immunity, they can absolutely come back. But the rollout simply isn't adequate right now for Disney to make that call right now. But that will change once J&J comes out and once supply ramps up
J&J is only 66% effective I heard( I might have that wrong), so will that be enough for some people?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
J&J is only 66% effective I heard, so will that be enough for some people?
It should be. It's 66% better than nothing. If the entire population was vaccinated with a vaccine that is 'only' 66% effective, we'd still hit herd immunity.

Plus, it's just one shot.

If J&J becomes available, take it. You can always get a booster or another vaccine mid-summer when we'll have more vaccines being produced than we have adults in the U.S.

jrhwdw

It should be. It's 66% better than nothing. If the entire population was vaccinated with a vaccine that is 'only' 66% effective, we'd still hit herd immunity.

Plus, it's just one shot.

If J&J becomes available, take it. You can always get a booster or another vaccine mid-summer when we'll have more vaccines being produced than we have adults in the U.S.
Don't get me wrong. The more chances/options we have to get over COVID, the better! 66% just seems low to me compared to the mid-high 90s of Pfizer/Mondera. Maybe it's just me.

yensidtlaw1969

Don't get me wrong. The more chances/options we have to get over COVID, the better! 66% just seems low to me compared to the mid-high 90s of Pfizer/Mondera. Maybe it's just me.
It's certainly lower than Pfizer/Moderna, but it is also 66% better than what most of the population has now. Combining that with the fact that it only takes one dose makes for a powerful and accessible mitigation technique.

So even if it's not the best news, it's very good news.

JAKECOTCenter

It's certainly lower than Pfizer/Moderna, but it is also 66% better than what most of the population has now. Combining that with the fact that it only takes one dose makes for a powerful and accessible mitigation technique.

It’s good enough to allow Disney to make a call of lifting restrictions once we officially reach herd immunity or close to it. I don’t think restrictions will be lifted all at once, but don’t be surprised if Disney makes a announcement being like “the return of the magic kingdom you all know and loved” once we reach that 70-95 percent threshold for herd immunity

JoeCamel

An analogy in my mind would if you have Tom Brady signed and Jamis Winston comes along, Jamis is good but he's no TB. Hard to shine when the sun is beating down on the scene. Either will get the job done, one just does it a bit better.

TTA94

The sooner we get to herd immunity, which at the earliest is around the end of the summer, the sooner we can be free of this, let’s be honest, stressful hardships on our minds

Issuing a travel ban right before Spring Break? Lol that’s going to go over well with so many who have trips planned. Of course I totally get the reasons and why they would issue this ban specifically for Spring Break to prevent the spread.

I just hope this ban has little impact on WDW and they can rebound quickly once Summer hits. Otherwise the rest of this year and our hopes of entertainment returning, etc are indeed squashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom