Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Call me strange, but I actually feel pretty confident that Paint the Night will show up at MK in the near future. No, not October 2021 unless COVID levels really go away quickly, but heat me out....

At some point, we will return to more or less "normal" and the parks will be run as they were before in terms of entertainment. And Disney will want to do something to "celebrate" the 50th (even if delayed) and can wrap that into having a sort of grand re-opening of normal levels. And if they want to do something splashy, adding a "new" light parade certainly fits but they also realize they can be totally forgiven for "going cheap" and reusing due to the current economic situation. When it comes to advertising, a light parade plays real when on TV, print, whatever.

We'll see.

My thoughts are if they can allow gatherings for HEA, limited or not, they should be able to do a parade. And they will be doing a parade and fireworks, I’d assume, if they allow MNSSHP to return. Guess we’ll see.

MaryJaneP

For the 50th, there are posts about socially distanced events. There was even a post about returning fireworks at MK by reinstating Fantasy in the Sky because it can be viewed anywhere in the park. Seems to us, WISHES can also be viewed anywhere in the park. Socially distanced events that honor the 50 years of WDW should include Wishes, Spectromagic, Illuminations, FotLK, and Fantasmic!. Keep the masks, social distancing, and capacity limits to significantly reduce the transmission of COVID. Spectro is an MK original, unlike the MSEP. Spectro will always be greater than a borrowed MSEP.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For the 50th, there are posts about socially distanced events. There was even a post about returning fireworks at MK by reinstating Fantasy in the Sky because it can be viewed anywhere in the park. Seems to us, WISHES can also be viewed anywhere in the park. Socially distanced events that honor the 50 years of WDW should include Wishes, Spectromagic, Illuminations, FotLK, and Fantasmic!. Keep the masks, social distancing, and capacity limits to significantly reduce the transmission of COVID. Spectro is an MK original, unlike the MSEP. Spectro will always be greater than a borrowed MSEP.
Spectro was trashed.

jrhwdw

Wishes does have low pyro from Fantasyland. IDK how popular the low pyro was in Wishes. The only good spots for low and high pyro is MS or Fantasyland. The FITS we had before Wishes had no low pyro so, there's was no draw execpt the Castle itself and Tink to be around the Castle

As far as Tink, should she be cut until MK is 100% normal? Her flying is harder to see from anywhere.

ToTBellHop

There too cheap for alot of things....you guys get 50th cupcakes..be happy.

Pray they don't alter it any further. 🤣🤣
I hope they are the cupcakes with the surprise filling that they don’t tell you about. Like the label will say “Mickey’s 50th Celebration Cupcake $5.99” and you bite into it and are like, “oooh! Blueberry!”

ToTBellHop

Well WDW hasn’t forgotten the castle cake, They just released a new Magic Band lol.
12E9365A-F071-4125-8746-AC9E3DBC0741.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom