Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerarar

Premium Member
This is probably for the 50th to match with the castle colors. Also not sure if a new thread should be created to track the progress of this (new) project/refurbishment.
EF4217E3-52E1-4FC5-B946-B900AAD6B4A4.jpeg

B0187D1E-F544-4950-8814-B82265987D97.jpeg

More pictures and details here:

TTA94

Maybe they can move Magic Happens to MK along with PTN lol. In all seriousness that would be a downgrade from FoF though. With the only exception that I do like the finale music with the Remember The Magic and Wishes nods.

TrainsOfDisney

Maybe they can move Magic Happens to MK along with PTN lol. In all seriousness that would be a downgrade from FoF though. With the only exception that I do like the finale music with the Remember The Magic and Wishes nods.
Depending on how things go... I could actually see magic happens becoming the 50th parade. If there even is a 50th parade at this point.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I've never seen them in person either, but I do believe they are much bigger than MSEP. I know for a fact that it has been mentioned Mack wouldn't be able to make one of the turns on the parade route in MK. I measured it out in Google Earth and each park's parade route is ~half a mile. I assume the turns between Liberty Square and MSUSA are the issue. I've never been to Disneyland so I can't speak to the width of the route, but again, several insiders have stated the turns for Mack would be an issue. Height wise, I believe they are similar to MSEP, FoF, and the like.
I'm a bit surprised they can't articulate Mack in some way to adjust for this. I mean, maybe they can and just won't, because of $$$.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I mean it is a very large float and if I remember correctly it’s the turn from Liberty Square onto MSUSA that it can’t make.
I hadn't actually seen it. I assumed that it was shaped more like a conventional semi with screens covering the sides. After Googling it, I can see how articulating isn't really an option. Much taller and narrower than I would have thought.

I retract my statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom