Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Velociraptor info and discussion is here...

I don't think Universal is planning to debut it for MK's 50th.

Im thinking it’s their answer to Tron lol. I mean summer would make sense for the 50th to begin, if not then it would mostly be in full swing in 2022. They can start it of course on October 1st, but due to the seasonal events it will hinder some things and honestly not a smart move on Disney’s part to encourage a mass demand on MK for October 1st. Of course that will happen regardless when they start it lol.

jrhwdw

So... GF Band over the weekend, YeHa Bob and 28.000 other people getting fired today and we're supposed to believe that PTN is greenlighted for the 50th?!?!?!?! ESP, where this is no where else online. How do we know the 50th and Harm. will be canned by the end of week???? Sure Harm. is being worked on, but I'm sure that can be canned on a dime! Maybe that pyro test last week was for nothing!!!!

^Sorry, I'm having a I HATE COVID!!!!!! Moment! I'm tired of WDW cuts when there's chance(it's slipping This week I think)the 50th might turn out wonderful with PTN.

I'm tired of not being able to go to work(I can work at home and I do but it's not the same!)

Sorry again! I think YeHa Bob put me over the edge! Never met him or the GF Band but the Streamers seemed to love them!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... GF Band over the weekend, YeHa Bob and 28.000 other people getting fired today and we're supposed to believe that PTN is greenlighted for the 50th?!?!?!?! ESP, where this is no where else online. How do we know the 50th and Harm. will be canned by the end of week???? Sure Harm. is being worked on, but I'm sure that can be canned on a dime! Maybe that pyro test last week was for nothing!!!!

^Sorry, I'm having a I HATE COVID!!!!!! Moment! I'm tired of WDW cuts when there's chance(it's slipping This week I think)the 50th might turn out wonderful with PTN.

I'm tired of not being able to go to work(I can work at home and I do but it's not the same!)

Sorry again! I think YeHa Bob put me over the edge! Never met him or the GF Band but the Streamers seemed to love them!

If you want to know why from a financial point of view, it's because keeping the employees on when there's no income to support them is a financial loss.

Investing in PTN or other capex projects will bring in guests later on. That will bring back big income, part of which will be used to rehire.

Matthew

If you want to know why from a financial point of view, it's because keeping the employees on when there's no income to support them is a financial loss.

Investing in PTN or other capex projects will bring in guests later on. That will bring back big income, part of which will be used to rehire.
exactly PTN probably won't debut for a minimum of 6 months (probably longer). Maybe the 50th will be tied into a full scale we're back campaign providing covid is under control by then.

MadTeacup

It’s too many keystrokes to type “big thunder”...

So instead we confuse the hell out of everyone and appease the completely fictitious “abbreviation police” with things like:
BTMRR
IASW
FOTLK
MNSSHP

Or best yet...restaurants that don’t have nicknames (why would they?) and in some cases haven’t even opened yet!
I saw somebody put “TTFOTR”

That one takes the cake
FOTLK always throws me because it's not what Disney uses. Cast Members just call it FOLK.

NickMaio

I tend to lurk more than not (due to being a CM), but this was a piece of news that came my way that I wanted to share. You're welcome to believe it or not.

We (the CMs in the part of MK where I work) had a meeting with two of our leaders who were talking about various internal things (high guest satisfaction ratings, great job, here's where we can improve, etc etc). Our leaders also mentioned that, while there won't be a huge celebration for the 45th anniversary coming up next year, Disney is already planning for the 50th anniversary. They said that the current plans are to completely overhaul both Frontierland and Tomorrowland both in the facades and adding new attractions. They said to expect some big, big changes in those two lands, although they admitted they didn't have any specifics as to what "New" Frontierland and "New" Tomorrowland would look like, nor what attractions would be added.

I suppose they could of been lying, but I've never known our leaders to deliberately do that - they've always been on the up-and-up, even to the point of saying, "Yes I know something, but I'm not allowed to say anything yet about it." So, like I said, take that news for what it is. We all know Disney, they could completely change their mind six months later and cheap-out on the whole thing. Just wanted to let you guys know.
All this with laying off 28k people?

TTA94

So basically it’s expected that WDW will go on a rehire and hire frenzy maybe mid 2021 or in time for the 50th assuming Covid gets under control by then?

TTA94

Are they actually repainting the MK toll plaza specifically for the 50th? Or just a general update? Seems a bit soon to give it a 50th overlay.

Hopefully next they can update all the property entrance arches and signs. I would assume they will at least replace the castle in the cloud and the Where Dreams Come True sign with the 50th logo they released with “The Worlds Most Magical Celebration”?

MagicHappens1971

Are they actually repainting the MK toll plaza specifically for the 50th? Or just a general update? Seems a bit soon to give it a 50th overlay.

Hopefully next they can update all the property entrance arches and signs. I would assume they will at least replace the castle in the cloud and the Where Dreams Come True sign with the 50th logo they released with “The Worlds Most Magical Celebration”?
The castle was painted as part of the 50th, theoretically if the company wanted to be proactive they would’ve started on most of the updates they planned for the 50th. I’d say Disneyland started about a year if not earlier before the 60th, granted they did pretty big rehabs on the dark rides in Fantasyland as well as updates all throughout the parks.

TTA94

Off subject, kind of, but since I’ve never seen PTN in person, are the floats about the same size as the MSEP floats? Been trying to vision what that would look like at MK lol. But isn’t MKs parade route the same size, width, as DLs?

TYOTimer

Specifically for the 50th; all 4 toll plazas should be getting redos

MagicHappens1971

Off subject, kind of, but since I’ve never seen PTN in person, are the floats about the same size as the MSEP floats? Been trying to vision what that would look like at MK lol. But isn’t MKs parade route the same size, width, as DLs?
I've never seen them in person either, but I do believe they are much bigger than MSEP. I know for a fact that it has been mentioned Mack wouldn't be able to make one of the turns on the parade route in MK. I measured it out in Google Earth and each park's parade route is ~half a mile. I assume the turns between Liberty Square and MSUSA are the issue. I've never been to Disneyland so I can't speak to the width of the route, but again, several insiders have stated the turns for Mack would be an issue. Height wise, I believe they are similar to MSEP, FoF, and the like.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.39.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.39.25 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95

Giss Neric

You must be a social butterfly cause I will do anything to continue to work at home even post pandemic. I am working from home now and I enjoy it very much as I save a lot and I have complete control of my time. I'm also just happy that I still have a job also.

Giss Neric

MK's parade route is significantly wider. PTN floats are bigger and taller in my opinion

DoleWhipDrea

The Paint the Night floats are significantly taller and wider than the Main Street Electrical Parade.

TTA94

I am very curious what the fate of Mack will be. IMO that’s a highlight of PTN. Not the fact it’s a “Cars” float but from a lighting standpoint. I do hope they nix the incredibles float. Possibly Monsters as well.

I’m still thinking and based off other posts of MKs nighttime parade being reused repurposed older floats... that leads me to think PTN will be getting a overhaul for MK rather than As Is or Was. Actually it would be awesome if they switch directions and make it more SpectroMagic ish rather than MSEP, and they technically could as there is already a nod to SpectroMagic with the finale orb floats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom