Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhwdw

It’s a bit tasteless to announce a giant party right now, dontcha think? Optics matter. They’ve already announced the 50th is next year and they’re opening new E-tickets. That will need to be enough for the fanboys and girls until there’s a vaccine. No one outside of here cares about a potential light parade.

This hit's the nail on the head... 'We're having a big party next year come on down' doesn't feel right when over 200k Americans and nearly a million people worldwide have died from a virus in 6 months and there will in all likelihood be many more over the coming winter. There's new people coming to Disney all the time and I think it's only the regular and repeat visitors who care about a night parade because you cant miss what you have never seen.
Good! Now we all agree that Universal Orlando is tasteless too! Now that they just announced their new coaster for 2021 or there's still HHN Houses this year because people haven't been scared to death enough by 2020!!

DIsney might want to give us GOOD NEWS soon! This GF Band News today doesn't look good at all!

TYOTimer

Good! Now we all agree that Universal Orlando is tasteless too! Now that they just announced their new coaster for 2021 or there's still HHN Houses this year because people haven't been scared to death enough by 2020!!

DIsney might want to give us GOOD NEWS soon! This GF Band News today doesn't look good at all!
Disney isn’t very good at giving good news around Halloween, especially in the last couple of years. October 1st had been kind of a Bloody Sunday for them

JoeCamel

Universal has not announced the new coaster yet

doctornick

2 e tickets is pretty good. I’m not complaining if that’s all they do

Agreed. Two big new rides - on top of the other additions in recent years - is fine in terms of major new stuff for the 50th. If they have a "new" (to WDW) light parade and show for Epcot, all the better. I'm sure they'll have the requisite decorations and merchandise as well. Doesn't seem to me that they "aren't doing much".

Matthew

Universal has not announced the new coaster yet
announced it the other day 'Then feel the rush of the hunt as you race through the jungle alongside raptors on the Jurassic World VelociCoaster, a new species of roller coaster coming Summer 2021' is what they said on their website.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because there was a time when WDW used to go all out with their anniversary celebrations. A notable example was their 20th Anniversary where Spectromagic was one of the park's anniversary offerings. It was even highlighted in various commercials in 1991.
But that was the prior management. The last “big thing” was year of a million dreams?? Which Would have been planned/financed under Eisner...
For whatever reason - those types of things have been deemed unnecessary under Bob the fabulous. Its been 15 years.

doctornick

It’s still not dead lol 😂

This reflects something that I've mentioned before... MSEP (and in particular the Boroque Hoedown music) is a clear part of the Disney parks nostalgia Americana machine. It's every bit a part of the classic Disney experience like IASW, HM, POTC - maybe not quite as well known/loved but very recognizable and beloved in the US. I know Spectro gets a lot of love around here, but MSEP is the epitome of "Disney parades" for a lot of people.

TTA94

Thinking about it more, the 100th isn’t WDW specific, and they probably didn’t want to focus the D23 expo specifically on WDWs 50th, So perhaps they have a separate event planned specifically for the 50th? Maybe at Destination D which they did say was getting postponed? Could also be why they had to move the Expo to 2022 if Destination D is taking place in 2021.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
missed that... I see they did announce it now though lol looks good but I think announcing that isn't in the same league as announcing a massive anniversary party

Velociraptor info and discussion is here...

I don't think Universal is planning to debut it for MK's 50th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom