Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

I mean the picture from the patent does look like a parade float..
Yeah, that patent does look interesting. Hope they aren't going for a similar approach that the original version of Paint The Night did at Hong Kong.

For those unfamiliar with the original version, PTN used to have a showstop section and guests were seen holding interactive paint brushes that interacted with the various floats and performers. It later got discontinued a two year later. Early descriptions for the parade mentioned "interactive elements" being a big part with the parade. This idea wasn't used for the Disneyland version.

TTA94

Well hopefully it would be a mix of lights And projections and not just projections. Still, if a parade is indeed in the works for the 50th, And it’s brand new and not MSEP lol, then that’s wonderful news! Unfortunately, still to early to know for sure what’s in the works.

iMax

The photo of the patent itself had mushrooms on it, so I guess its easier said that that float in particular has to do with Alice in Wonderland, but I wonder if they're gonna go with the classic animated version or the live action version.

brb1006

I really hope they bring back MSEP for the 50th. For the nostalgia alone! It would be so LIT 🙌🏽
I don't think the entire parade would be able to survive a another long road trip back to WDW at this point. I'm picturing the entire parade heading to MK like this moment from Spongebob (just replace the band's music with an off-key version of Baroque Hoedown). Especially since the parade will be turning 49 next year.

And the other half of the Pleasure Island unit was in such a bad shape that it wasn't able to return to Disneyland.
23560189878_956021fe89_b.jpg

Last edited:

Prince Thomas

I don't think the entire parade would be able to survive a another long road trip back to WDW at this point. I'm picturing the entire parade heading to MK like this moment from Spongebob (just replace the band's music with an off-key version of Baroque Hoedown). Especially since the parade will be turning 49 next year.

And the other half of the Pleasure Island unit was in such a bad shape that it wasn't able to return to Disneyland.
23560189878_956021fe89_b.jpg

It can def survive another trip. Didn’t it just come back to Disneyland recently?

TTA94

Yes, the parade is currently at Disneyland (it's actual home).

I noticed Paint The Night is now showing on DLs website in the search bar. It doesn’t open however. Before now it wasn’t listed at all. MSEP however does not show up in the search bar. Could mean nothing but interesting. Hopefully MSEP stays there or gets retired finally.

N2dru

Let's hope that some of the original 1971 attractions like CBJ, PPF and Haunted Mansion see refreshes and refurbs like DL's original attractions did for its 50th. Remember how over there a 50th insignia was incorporated into the attraction's facade and one of the attraction vehicles were painted gold for the anniversary? That would be cool to do in Florida as well. So that not all the focus is on the castle but all over the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is a QUESTION, not an opinion in any direction. 🤐

What is the plan for the Hall of Presidents if Mr. Trump loses the election? Hall of Presidents was an opening day attraction, so if Disney needs to add another president, will it be re-opened in time for the 50th? If Trump wins, I assume nothing will happen to the attraction.

For reference, Inauguration Day is January 20, 2021.

Shouldn't *you* know?

prberk

They close it and put the new President in? Not sure why anyone would expect anything different.

I think he was thinking about the timing of a closure, which this time was especially long (which I think more likely had more to do with the loss of longtime HOP sculptor Blaine Gibson than anything political, as was speculated).

Nevertheless, I think they would just keep with the traditional plan of closing the attraction for a time to add any new president.

trainplane3

This is a QUESTION, not an opinion in any direction. 🤐

What is the plan for the Hall of Presidents if Mr. Trump loses the election? Hall of Presidents was an opening day attraction, so if Disney needs to add another president, will it be re-opened in time for the 50th? If Trump wins, I assume nothing will happen to the attraction.

For reference, Inauguration Day is January 20, 2021.
I don't remember all of the details of how it went last time but whenever Obama won, it operated for another week with GW Bush as the "speaking" president. It closed for a few months and then reopened with a updated show (I think that's when Morgan Freeman took over as narrator?) and Obama being the "speaking" president. Refurb/update was November 11, 2008 to July 1, 2009.

If he wins, it'll probably stay the same. No reason to change it. Ignoring all politics, I personally think the current movie and narration are the best they've been in a while.

If Trump loses, then hopefully we can expect a quicker turnaround instead of the 10+ month wait we had last time (January 17, 2017 to December 18, 2017). Previous refurbs were never this long and I'm sure there were reasons that it took the time it took.

Random story:
I'll never forget standing outside HoP in late June to have the "town crier" step out of nowhere yelling "hear ye, hear ye! Come visit the Hall of Presidents for an exclusive test showing featuring newly elected president Barack Obama!". My friend and I literally ran over there. They had the doors open for about 15 minutes before closing and letting everyone enter the theater. WDI was across the back of the theater with PCs and other monitoring stuff set up. Extremely neat and lucky experience at that moment.

Rich Brownn

I don't remember all of the details of how it went last time but whenever Obama won, it operated for another week with GW Bush as the "speaking" president. It closed for a few months and then reopened with a updated show (I think that's when Morgan Freeman took over as narrator?) and Obama being the "speaking" president. Refurb/update was November 11, 2008 to July 1, 2009.

If he wins, it'll probably stay the same. No reason to change it. Ignoring all politics, I personally think the current movie and narration are the best they've been in a while.

If Trump loses, then hopefully we can expect a quicker turnaround instead of the 10+ month wait we had last time (January 17, 2017 to December 18, 2017). Previous refurbs were never this long and I'm sure there were reasons that it took the time it took.

Random story:
I'll never forget standing outside HoP in late June to have the "town crier" step out of nowhere yelling "hear ye, hear ye! Come visit the Hall of Presidents for an exclusive test showing featuring newly elected president Barack Obama!". My friend and I literally ran over there. They had the doors open for about 15 minutes before closing and letting everyone enter the theater. WDI was across the back of the theater with PCs and other monitoring stuff set up. Extremely neat and lucky experience at that moment.
I think the last refurb took longer because they changed to digital, and changing some of the programming. Plus pretty much a new film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom