Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

The anniversary is October 1, 2021. I suspect that much like Mickey’s 90th and the 25th they are going to run it Oct 2021-Dec 2022. Next spring will see lots of rehabs, and hopefully a repainting of the castle.

bjlc57

well lets try to theory this out.. YOU DON"T SING CHRISTMAS MUSIC after Christmas.. or Valentines or what ever..so if you wait until the Birthday is here.. then its "over" so to speak.. but if you say.. its the YEAR of our Birthday Come and celebrate with us..you get all the spring and summer people prior to October..

Touchdown

well lets try to theory this out.. YOU DON"T SING CHRISTMAS MUSIC after Christmas.. or Valentines or what ever..so if you wait until the Birthday is here.. then its "over" so to speak.. but if you say.. its the YEAR of our Birthday Come and celebrate with us..you get all the spring and summer people prior to October..

You know the song the 12 days of Christmas? That’s totally a thing, the Christmas season lasts until the Epiphany/Three Kings Day (Jan 6.). Christmas music may be played until that day.

brb1006

well most radio stations I know have STOPPED playing Christmas music..
My favorite radio station B101.1 (heard between Phildelphia and New Jersey) stopped playing Christmas music around the 27th of this month. Last year they stopped playing it around 2am in the morning of December 26th.

Cesar R M

Everyone who survived who finally got their parade...

TBnoBpi.gif

dreday3

An Insider has said they'll probably start in the Spring of '21 and go to the end of '22.

Hmmm. We (sadly) had to postpone our May 2020 trip to end of April/beginning of May 2021. I wonder if we will see anything.

I sure hope there aren't a ton of closures while we are there...

bjlc57

Hmmm. We (sadly) had to postpone our May 2020 trip to end of April/beginning of May 2021. I wonder if we will see anything.

I sure hope there aren't a ton of closures while we are there...
this is almost exactly what we are doing as well

danv3

No way. We'll probably get Mickey's Very Celebratory Anniversary Party. $150 and instead of trick or treating you get a cupcake. Instead of ride overlays, they close all rides that weren't open in '71 for the night.

This, but with an admission price closer to $500. 😅

TTA94

When should we be expecting the castle to get scaffolding for the new pastel/rainbow colors paint job that was shown at D23? Around January 2021? Assuming that’s what they are indeed going with.

TTA94

I don’t believe there was any art shown for the Castles anniversary look. Just the anniversary logo.

This one I was referring to. It gives the idea they could be planning on giving the castle a paint job, of some sort.

Attachments

• 1E43DA56-C48A-412E-B941-8FBD3C5ACC48.jpeg
    1E43DA56-C48A-412E-B941-8FBD3C5ACC48.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

TTA94

If you go by the art in the banners, the castle will be painted solid white. That'd be great for the projections!!!

lol well I’m sure the castle in the banners will look more like this.

Attachments

• 488A4121-247D-4789-ADF4-CD55C53A0F21.jpeg
    488A4121-247D-4789-ADF4-CD55C53A0F21.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom