Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

F201CFD0-7DF4-4989-93BA-D5CD3028D6C7.jpeg

TTA94

Im curious how the Christmas time in 2021 will be handled with the 50th going on? While we don’t know for sure what will actually happen For the 50th, it was more a less confirmed there will be some decorations and banners around the parks. Will they be mixed in with the holiday decorations? Maybe special/brand new 50th holiday decorations and entertainment?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Very true. But don’t insiders say that there are more structural, safety issues that need to be handled than just show ones?

Yes, with the Yeti itself. It needs replacement, which is relatively easy (as far as "relatively easy" can be used for such a thing). It's not a problem with the structure the Yeti is attached to (which is apart from the ride's structure).

The issue is, according to our insiders, finding the will power to pay for a new Yeti and determining whose budget that will come out of. A new Yeti has to be built that will not have the same problems as the old (over torquing joints) and to meet more stingent one-ton-AA-swinging-over-the-guests-safety-protocols. Also, of not bothering to put it into a less-moving C-mode.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Im curious how the Christmas time in 2021 will be handled with the 50th going on? While we don’t know for sure what will actually happen For the 50th, it was more a less confirmed there will be some decorations and banners around the parks. Will they be mixed in with the holiday decorations? Maybe special/brand new 50th holiday decorations and entertainment?
I would assume they would do a mix. They cant stop MVMCP for a year. It would be a little less obvious that it's the 50th during that time.

drizgirl

They mixed 60th decorations with seasonal decorations at DLR. I would expect the same at WDW. No chance are they cutting back on MVMCP at all.

Kman101

No way. We'll probably get Mickey's Very Celebratory Anniversary Party. $150 and instead of trick or treating you get a cupcake. Instead of ride overlays, they close all rides that weren't open in '71 for the night.

You kid ... but DHS had After Hours on their anniversary this year, LOL! I don't believe anything special was apart of it.

I still take issue we can get things like Jingle Cruise yet they can't bother with Small World or Country Bears (which they USED to do ... Tokyo still does ... the Bears, I'm referring to; WDW never had Small World Holiday, Tokyo got the overlay designed for us, same for Haunted Mansion Holiday, which I don't mind isn't done at WDW) ... but I imagine those are bigger money savers. You just have to change the name on the boats, give the skippers a leopard Santa hat and throw tacky decor all over (not knocking or dismissing the Jingle Cruise, by the way). Bears and Small World require more. But this isn't the parties thread ... lol, so I digress slightly.

SoFloMagic

You kid ... but DHS had After Hours on their anniversary this year, LOL! I don't believe anything special was apart of it.
That's nuts.
For all the upsells they do, I'm actually surprised they haven't tried my idea. If they tried, they could probably actually make it a successful idea.

bjlc57

well they have to announce somewhat soon.. as people buy their vacations over a year out.. I am hoping its real soon for the actual days.. because I am now 14 to 17 months out.. from right now, for my trip.. you can book for some park stuff how far out 4 months? or is it now 6 months? Once we get under a year.. from our date.. stuff is gonna happen real fast.. for fast passes or table service..

UpAllNight

I’d have thought 2020 was going to be a year with a large amount of lengthy refurbs for MK, with capacity offset by increases in the other parks. This really doesn’t look like it’s happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom