• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

mnelson3

Advertisement
Since we found out they put Steve Davison in charge of Harmonius, I wonder if he’s working on other things for WDW? I would assume plans, if any, would be set by now for the 50th.

Abyssal_S

Are the annual refurbs this year part of the 50th plans or are the rumored "enhancements" coming later?
If I’m wrong anyone correct me, but these are the annual normal refurbs. Just to put things back together again. The rumored refurbs are likely to come along closer when the time is near. Seems a bit too early to do the 50th anniversary, it’d be worn down already by the time it comes around.

mnelson3

From other threads it doesn’t sound like insiders are aware of any parade in the works for the 50th. That’s depressing. 😞 Hopefully there’s still a small glimmer of hope since technically we still have a year and a couple months to go before one would need to debut in time for the 50th. Maybe it’s a project that is being kept under very tight wraps?

If we end up not getting a light parade until Disney’s 100th, like some have suggested, I’d rather have MSEP back as a interim parade over continuing to have nothing. I sure as heck don’t want MSEP back, but at the same time it’s better then waiting another few years with no parade at all.

Bocabear

From other threads it doesn’t sound like insiders are aware of any parade in the works for the 50th. That’s depressing. 😞 Hopefully there’s still a small glimmer of hope since technically we still have a year and a couple months to go before one would need to debut in time for the 50th. Maybe it’s a project that is being kept under very tight wraps?

If we end up not getting a light parade until Disney’s 100th, like some have suggested, I’d rather have MSEP back as a interim parade over continuing to have nothing. I sure as heck don’t want MSEP back, but at the same time it’s better then waiting another few years with no parade at all.
Disney's 100th? the 100th of what? Disneyland would be 2056 or 2071 for WDW? That would be pretty pathetic if it would take them another 36 to 50 years to put together a new light parade...lol Well at least there would be no one left alive that would be able to accurately remember the old one...
It is actually pretty pathetic that they have taken this long to replace Spectromagic...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

No *reliable* insider I know of has said there isn't going to be a new night parade... yet.

mnelson3

Disney's 100th? the 100th of what? Disneyland would be 2056 or 2071 for WDW? That would be pretty pathetic if it would take them another 36 to 50 years to put together a new light parade...lol Well at least there would be no one left alive that would be able to accurately remember the old one...
It is actually pretty pathetic that they have taken this long to replace Spectromagic...
Disney’s 100th Anniversary in 2023. Wouldn’t be that far in the future but still, waiting yet another 3 or so years... ouch.

Rosso11

The 100th Anniversary of the Walt Disney Company. This will be a huge company/world wide celebration.

jrhwdw

IF MK/TDO Blows the Entertainment Package for the 50th.......WDC Needs to cut People and Areas in the Company!! I have a few in my head but I keep biting my tongue!

mnelson3

IF MK/TDO Blows the Entertainment Package for the 50th.......WDC Needs to cut People and Areas in the Company!! I have a few in my head but I keep biting my tongue!
Hopefully Harmonius’s budget, which seems to be the only current entertainment project in the works, has nothing to do with the 50th. Plus some said Harmonius is running behind schedule from what it was originally going to debut. That’s not a good sign for the 50th entertainment. We shall see I guess.

JakeSpadaro

I have no insider information, however there could be entertainment projects in the works for the 50th that we haven't heard about yet. Seems unlikely considering our insiders have yet to hint at much yet, but I am holding on to the last bit of hope I have for the 50th.

Top Bottom