Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwgreek

That's funny because when I went last year I got the Flash Pass and rode over 20 RIDES in 1 day with 0 WAIT TIME and ate at a table service restaurant with good food. If you love thrills, there is no better place to have a good time. Oh & by the way...

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis>Toy Story Mania
I don't do roller coasters bigger then thunder mountain and no drop rides or rides that spin... so I don't find any of the flags parks remotely worth it.

SpectroMan93

Sorry, but I have ridden battle for metropolis, and while a great step up for six flags, it is definitely not deserving of the pedestal you place it so highly on. It’s a fun ride, but it’s pretty much the same plot as the Spider-Man ride at IOA, but on a budget.

Daveeeeed

Sorry, but I have ridden battle for metropolis, and while a great step up for six flags, it is definitely not deserving of the pedestal you place it so highly on. It’s a fun ride, but it’s pretty much the same plot as the Spider-Man ride at IOA, but on a budget.
It's interesting because most Disney & Universal parks have a single E-Ticket that's just so good people will call it the best in the world. At that point, you can pretty much say "Yes, it's one of the very best," but it comes down to personal opinion when you go that far for the single best.

MK has Splash Mountain
Hollywood Studios has The Tower of Terror
AK has Flight of Passage
Disneyland has Indiana Jones
California Adventure has Radiator Springs Racers
Islands of Adventure has Forbidden Journey & Spider-Man
Tokyo DisneySea has Journey to The Center of The Earth & Indy
Tokyo Disneyland has Hunny Hunt & soon B&TB
Hong Kong has Mystic Manor
Shanghai has Pirates (& Tron)

I really don't think Six Flags, while a great addition to the park, even comes close to any of those rides with battle for metropolis. It's not bad, but it's definitely a long step down. It's a great ride for Six Flags though!

Anyway, back to MK's 50th. Interesting to hear the changes.

Hattieboxghost110

My point is that Battle for Metropolis is a better attraction than Toy Story Midway Mania.

And this is coming from somebody who loves TSMM.

But I have to call a spade a spade.

Hattieboxghost110

It's interesting because most Disney & Universal parks have a single E-Ticket that's just so good people will call it the best in the world. At that point, you can pretty much say "Yes, it's one of the very best," but it comes down to personal opinion when you go that far for the single best.

MK has Splash Mountain
Hollywood Studios has The Tower of Terror
AK has Flight of Passage
Disneyland has Indiana Jones
California Adventure has Radiator Springs Racers
Islands of Adventure has Forbidden Journey & Spider-Man
Tokyo DisneySea has Journey to The Center of The Earth & Indy
Tokyo Disneyland has Hunny Hunt & soon B&TB
Hong Kong has Mystic Manor
Shanghai has Pirates (& Tron)

I really don't think Six Flags, while a great addition to the park, even comes close to any of those rides with battle for metropolis. It's not bad, but it's definitely a long step down. It's a great ride for Six Flags though!

Anyway, back to MK's 50th. Interesting to hear the changes.

Agreed. But not really my point. All I said was that BFM was a better attraction than TSMM, not that it's compares to a Disney Mega E-ticket.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I've not had the opportunity as SFMM is pretty far from where I live and the six flags near me doesn't have this attraction... But looking at YouTube videos (which I know can be deceiving) it doesn't look compelling to me. The sets look rather cheap, it's pretty slow for what it is, and while it looks good for a six flags ride, it doesn't have the detail and quality look that TSMM has. That's just my opinion, and what I look for in a ride.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Meanwhile as Tokyo prepares it's 35th Anniversary.

askdjn-613x460.jpg
sdjnf3081-613x445.jpg

Tokyo Disneysea
sdkjnf3010.jpg

sdjfn1039.jpg

sdjknfq0801-613x433.jpg

When they said "Happiest Celebration", they weren't kidding and really meant it.

Isn't it ironic that the best Disney park is not owned by Disney...

mikejs78

Premium Member
Really. Try TDS or TDL or Efteling in the Netherlands. Compared to any of those WDW is a dumpster fire
Ok, I can't speak to those parks because I haven't had the opportunity to visit them. But here in the US, there is nothing like WDW. Flaws (which it has) and all.

brb1006

Never been to Efteling so I can't speak, but in terms of ops yes TDR is superior to WDW but saying it is a dumpster is not true.
For those unfamilar with Efteling. Here's a look at their best attractions. Probably the closest a non-Disney parks can get when it comes to how friendly and caring the members and workers are.

De Vliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman)

Baron 1898

And their latest attraction Symbolica which starts their park mascot Pardoes de Tovernaar.

And the preshow

I also really love how you first enter the park after you pass the train tracks. Especially the music.

Not to mention the entire park started out very small but expanded over the years.

MinnieWaffles

I also kind of agree with this. MK has been a much more pleasant experience pre and since MSEP ended

I see Mary is very good language teacher for you penguins :bookworm:

Just replying late to agree with this so much. Whilst having a night time parade is cute, not being able to get through the Hub from 7pm-11pm every night because of the MSEP and Wishes was irritating!!I was glad when they expanded the hub out.

Hattieboxghost110

I've not had the opportunity as SFMM is pretty far from where I live and the six flags near me doesn't have this attraction... But looking at YouTube videos (which I know can be deceiving) it doesn't look compelling to me. The sets look rather cheap, it's pretty slow for what it is, and while it looks good for a six flags ride, it doesn't have the detail and quality look that TSMM has. That's just my opinion, and what I look for in a ride.

Fair enough.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I def enjoyed Spectromagic :) I was just saying how dope i think PTN is, not really comparing. NONE of these can equal my fave classic MSEP anyway LOL (just how i peronally feel)
Thanks for the Spectromagic video it was for experiences like spectromagic that i used to visit WDW,

In a way its losses of things like this which have taken the 'magic' out of a WDW visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom