Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbaker84

Let me repeat since you are incapable of reading: I would rather WDW never have a nighttime parade again if something like Paint the Night is what's coming. Disneyland can keep that trash.
No need to throw your toys out of the pram. Just agree to disagree and move on.

brb1006

LOL I know. I wasn't getting worked up :)

IDK, I feel like I can throw shade regardless of whether WDW's four parks has a parade or not. Because Disneyland went without, we just accept what we get and praise it to high heaven? I'd rank many parades before it. It's not bad. I don't hate it. I don't see why it's bothersome if some of us aren't a fan of the parade? It seems to really rile the DLer's up if we don't like Paint the Night. I don't get it. I actually like the soundtrack and some of the floats are nice, but it just doesn't come together for me like Spectromagic, Main Street Electrical Parade, Dreamlights .... Paint the Night never felt like "Disneyland" to me. It fits DCA though.

So because WDW has no parade I have no room to talk and throw shade? I disagree on that one lol. But it's really not that serious. I'd also likely feel the same way if MK debuted Paint the Night.
Helps that PTN is heading to DCA soon.

Brad Bishop

So because it's a little crowded and uncomfortable we shouldn't have parades?

I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is:
- The parades were created to get people to stay into the evenings, have dinner, etc.
- People do that now anyway - even without any parades

From Disney's point of view the parades cost money and really don't affect the turnstiles. People are flooding in regardless. In addition, it creates a bit of havoc on the parade path with having to rope/tape it off, have crossings, have employees man/police the route. They could just not have the parade, not deal with any of that, save on costs and make as much money.

You could make an argument that it's no different than how they have discounts on rooms when tourism is soft but when it has picked up, everything is rack rate and they can raise prices.

I'm not saying I don't like the parades. I really loved MSEP though it's worn on me over the years. I kind of liked Spectromagic in hindsight (I was a bit nostalgic for MSEP but Spectromagic was a good parade). I think PtN is pretty neat. I get it. We like parades.

From their point of view the nighttime parades did what they were supposed to do. They can make an argument that not only do they no longer need them but they also could manage the park better without them.

Hattieboxghost110

I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is:
- The parades were created to get people to stay into the evenings, have dinner, etc.
- People do that now anyway - even without any parades

From Disney's point of view the parades cost money and really don't affect the turnstiles. People are flooding in regardless. In addition, it creates a bit of havoc on the parade path with having to rope/tape it off, have crossings, have employees man/police the route. They could just not have the parade, not deal with any of that, save on costs and make as much money.

You could make an argument that it's no different than how they have discounts on rooms when tourism is soft but when it has picked up, everything is rack rate and they can raise prices.

I'm not saying I don't like the parades. I really loved MSEP though it's worn on me over the years. I kind of liked Spectromagic in hindsight (I was a bit nostalgic for MSEP but Spectromagic was a good parade). I think PtN is pretty neat. I get it. We like parades.

From their point of view the nighttime parades did what they were supposed to do. They can make an argument that not only do they no longer need them but they also could manage the park better without them.

From a financial standpoint, you make perfect sense.

But by that logic, shouldn't they also get rid of the fireworks as well?

TTA94

But nighttime parades were very special.

It’s something I always looked forward to in the evenings, probably more so than the fireworks. WDW letting MSEP go with no replacement was/is very devastating. HEA is good but by no means replaces a parade. TDO must not have felt any backlash from not replacing MSEP. Disneyland fans went through this back in the day but at least they ran their daytime parade in the evenings. In my opinion Parade of Dreams in particular was awesome at night, better than during the day.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because we don’t want a hot gaudy mess parading down our Main Street
Really??? PTN is dope lit

I certainly beg your pardon, but, I must inquire since your opinion leaves me a bit flustered, are you quite sure in your negative review of said parade? It is my considered opinion that Paint The Night is a symphony for the eyes and the technical prowess of its lighting effects are second to none!

Brad Bishop

I certainly beg your pardon, but, I must inquire since your opinion leaves me a bit flustered, are you quite sure in your negative review of said parade? It is my considered opinion that Paint The Night is a symphony for the eyes and the technical prowess of its lighting effects are second to none!

I saw it back in 2015, I think. I'd say that it was a great parade except for one, huge, gaping problem: The sound/music wasn't cyclical and when it stopped it just stopped and there'd be a 5s pause or so, and then it'd start back up at the beginning. That was pretty bad. The music for MSEP and SpectroMagic was continuous.

No idea if they fixed it but it was jarring to me.

brb1006

I saw it back in 2015, I think. I'd say that it was a great parade except for one, huge, gaping problem: The sound/music wasn't cyclical and when it stopped it just stopped and there'd be a 5s pause or so, and then it'd start back up at the beginning. That was pretty bad. The music for MSEP and SpectroMagic was continuous.

No idea if they fixed it but it was jarring to me.
Probably because PTN originally had a short-lived show-stop section for the original Hong Kong version. Which explains the 5 second pause of the music since guests at Hong Kong used to be able to change colors for the floats and costumes since they were given interactive paint brushes during the first two years at Hong Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom