Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

The Baroque Hoedown is perfect as it is. It is futuristic, yet timeless, familiar and catchy, repetitive without being annoying. I can't think of a more perfect soundtrack to the electrical parade.

I would prefer a remix of SpectroMagic because it was more the beginning and end of the parade that used the main part of the tune, so it would be easy to mix in different parts to a new parade while having that as a theme.

I even think a giant float celebrating the best parts of SpectroMagic would be great as a stand alone part of a new parade. I think the dry ice effect was great, the mirror balls, but I loved the transition from all white lights to rich colour. Roll all that into a SpectroMagic float and have it as part of a new parade.

I like paint the night, it looks good, but I think something special for Disney World is good for the 50th and SpectroMagic certainly fits the bill as it was created for the Magic Kingdom.
I really loved the theme for Spectromagic. It had a very Disney fell to it, especially during the finale. This might be one of the main reasons why I miss the parade so much. It leaves you with a good feeling after you leave the park at night.

IMFearless

Yes, I agree, the whole thing was Disney in it's purest, most unapologetic form.

To be honest, the whole trying to get hip, selfie, dance party, relevant, modern vibe they try to pull off doesn't do them any favours.

It's a bit like Mc Donald's doing salads.

I think they should go with what works, what people associate with the brand. Disney is very much a brand people love, I don't think they need to meddle with the formula at all, it is much more important to preserve and celebrate the history and nostalgia of their brand in new ways.

People want their great great grand children to be able to stand on Main Street, with the Baroque Hoedown chiming out at full blast, with the smell of popcorn in the air and for them to buy into the simplistic ideologies of that timeless fantasy world. For me SpectroMagic captures that completely.

bhg469

I, of course, agree the tents need to go. I really wish we could finally get the better IASW facade.

I actually like the new colors better- but man- that's a great pic and comparison. Thanks for sharing those! Also really shows how out of place that skyway really was. Cool at the time, but glad that's gone. And look at the size of the trees in that before pic! :p

As much as I didn't want to respond to this- what's a thread without mentioning universal? :)
Couple of points-
1- universal isn't Disney. Not even close. But I am absolutely envious of their break-neck speed of attractions being added.
2- I don't understand their choices at all. They don't "add" e tickets. They "replace" e tickets. Yes, BTTF and Jaws (arguably) weren't E-Tickets anymore, but what amazing franchises. Yes, we get Harry Potter and Simpsons. Both extremely relevant- and likely timeless. But my problem with their choices of IP are the "huh" ones. Jimmy Fallon? Fast and the furious? Transformers? None of those will ever trigger the nostalgia that Disney provides. Harry Potter will. Something like Jaws, will. King Kong will too. So ya- in 10 yrs, when no one gives a rip about transformers movies or furious movies, they'll give us another E ticket. In the meantime, people will still be riding pirates, splash mountain, space mountain, BTM, Peter Pan, etc etc across the street :). Harry Potter fits that mold. Jimmy Fallon will not. That's like putting Ellen somewhere. What idiot would do that? No one will Care over time. Oh wait...
They just got Nintendo, there are easily 2 timeless properties that come with that. Jurassic world seems very successful so far, I would imagine they're going to run with this too.

The Fallon thing just seems silly though. Soarin is bad on its own, no celebrity can fix that... unless you're dropping Kim Kardashian from that plane.

bhg469

Your 5th gate is being built in Shanghai...

*1023*
Honestly, how about they get their 4 gates full of working attractions first. Am I right? Epcot has 1 unused future world plot, 1 that might as well be closed and a few no one really wants anymore. They're wasting expansion pads to build meet and greets. DHS... is.. well not much right now. And DAK is stI'll a few years from their big new something...

A 5th gate would be the worst investment in the world and we all know they're not going to displease wall street anytime soon.

Marlins1

They just got Nintendo, there are easily 2 timeless properties that come with that. Jurassic world seems very successful so far, I would imagine they're going to run with this too.

The Fallon thing just seems silly though. Soarin is bad on its own, no celebrity can fix that... unless you're dropping Kim Kardashian from that plane.
Soarin is bad? The film has deteriorated but it is still the only ride I have been on where I remember large groups of people clapping at the end even though they waited forever to get on it.

bhg469

Soarin is bad? The film has deteriorated but it is still the only ride I have been on where I remember large groups of people clapping at the end even though they waited forever to get on it.
I guess you've ridden with some easily excitable folks. For it to get to the state it's in now is insane. There should have been a plan to remove the old projectors years ago. And at the end of the day, the experience is not amazing. American adventure is more impressive to me in terms of mechanical marvels. I will ride it once more when it's updated, until then it's a skip, every time for me..

Marlins1

I guess you've ridden with some easily excitable folks. For it to get to the state it's in now is insane. There should have been a plan to remove the old projectors years ago. And at the end of the day, the experience is not amazing. American adventure is more impressive to me in terms of mechanical marvels. I will ride it once more when it's updated, until then it's a skip, every time for me..
I agree on the state of the projectors/film - no excuse for that on such a popular ride. I just think it is a stretch to call it a bad ride. I think it is great to be on a simulator that feels like flight instead of constant jerking motions - Not many can do that.

c0reyt

Long time lurker here that is finally coming out of hiding to agree with this. I never quite got the popularity. Although I think it would really be helped if the transitions weren't so abrupt, it takes me out of the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom