Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

The MSEP should run on special occasions only just like the antique fire trucks the local firefighters run on parades yes they could be pressed into service once more if needed but their real value is to remind us of times past. MSEP is like an antique fire truck it needs to be preserved and occasionally viewed but it's no longer a 'daily driver'.
I say they should just "Let it Go."

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I say they should just "Let it Go."

Yes just 'let it GO" and enjoy the movie! My friends known I'm not the biggest fan of Frozen but they do know I have a sense of humor so they get me Frozen stuff right now drinking coffee from a Frozen Mug and there is a Sven in the bedroom at home keeping the cats company!

doctornick

the 50th should be celebrated with at the very least as much hype and substance they did for Disneyland... Each of the parks should get a new attraction just for the 50th...not one that is already in the pipeline.

I'd live to see this as well. Even if they do the same "gift" idea form DL's 50th and they are clones, there are plenty of reasonable choices for all the parks worldwide.

brb1006

I won't get my hopes too high about the 50th, so maybe they can pleasantly surprise me. It would be nice. It deserves an actual celebration. In an ideal world, MK gets a new fireworks and light parade (something less Paint the Night and more in the scope and scale of SpectroMagic/MSEP), and they should be focusing on Tomorrowland's make-over, and expansions in both Frontierland and Adventureland. There needs to be more to do to suck in the crowds and more room to walk. But that's if a fan was running the show. We all know what the other parks need. But I have my expectations in check.

The thought of MSEP (which I have the attachement to) creaking down Main Street in 2020 really does sadden me a bit. It's just ridiculous how cheap WDW is run.
I remember MSEP at WDW used to have character in front of the American final float between it's run in 1999. Does anyone remember that?

brb1006

the 50th should be celebrated with at the very least as much hype and substance they did for Disneyland... Each of the parks should get a new attraction just for the 50th...not one that is already in the pipeline. It should be celebrated with all the parks like they did with Disneyland, there should obviously be a new parade, a new fireworks show, new meet & Greets (which I could care less about). There should be the sense of something truly amazing...The park makes a mint...everyone knows that...it would be nice for WDW to get the biggest and the best for a change...instead of the stripped down cheap version of everything..Oh yeah and a cupcake...lol
Along with these kind of commercials Disney did for special events or anniversaries such as this commercial for the Millennial celebration. I miss when WDW did these type of commercials since they really made me want to visit the resort instead of modern ones.

brb1006

For the Gifting theme, Maybe for the 50th WDW could give Princess Fairytale Hall to Disneyland Paris and we could put an attraction back in there... Heck while we are at it they could also give them Stitch's Great Escape....
And the Old Walt Disney World logo can be shown for the commercials promoting the 50th besides showing up in merchandise.

Disone

I really would not have the expectation that WDW's 50th be celebrated like DL's was. After all DL started it all. In fact the way WDW has been going, I truely fear the 50th will come and go much like the 30th, 35th, 40th, and 45th with technically has not happened yet but clearly nothing is going to happen. Shame really.... why not theme Move It, Shake It, Dance and Play It! street party to a 45th anniversary MK party? Throw in some 45th merch on Main Street and call it day? Come on really, how expensive could that be? Sigh.... Any way, for the 50th I do hope they do something. A new parade, night or day, at MK would be great. This rumor of both Frontierland and Tomorrowland is highly likely to be false. Really, in the next five years, MK is going to tear up east and west sides? Not likely. But I do hope for something to happen. I would like to see an updated COP. American sings used more then four sets. Start and end COP in the same stage and add two new sets to truely fill in the story from 1920 untl now.

New Parade, day or night. Is it too much to ask for both? Yes. New Wishes. And Merch!

brb1006

Now the commercials are all about the hotels. The mighty sure have fallen.
That commercial also made me beg my parents to visit WDW from 1999 - 2003 since I really wanted to see the Tapestry Of Nations at the time but I was to young so when we finally went to WDW in 2004 Tapestry Of Nations was over.

Bocabear

For WDW's 25 Anniversary they did the Castle Cake and a lot of different events and merchandise etc...I was not a fan of the castle cake, but it seemed like they were willing to do something incredible to celebrate the milestone... I remember Disneyland's 30th Anniversary...new shows and parades and a gigantic kinetic machine at the rutnstiles that gave away gifts to every 30th person or something like that... WDW anniversaries are never really celebrated the same way...Such a shame...
disneyland30years-1985-500x412.jpg

Tavernacle12

A new ride in each park would be amazing but I think it's super doubtful. I hope someone in charge realizes they need to do something and try and do some DL60th style plussing for classic rides. For example:
-spruced up scenes in the Peoplemover
-Updated finale for Carosel of Progress
-new Jungle Cruise/Philharmagic scenes
-Updated Figment animatronics, animation upgrade
-Upgraded Nemo ride
-Wonders Of Life turned into museum
-Fantasmic updated to include mix of new and old movies
-New scenes for Star Tours
-Replacement of Footlight Parade with something that works in Great Movie Ride
-HD upgrade for Bugs Life
-Effects fix for Kali

I'm trying to think of a Hatbox Ghost-esque add, but the only things I can think of are Wildnerness Expedition (way too expensive) and maybe returning Dreamfinder to Imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom