Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

Beyond the spectacle, the music was outstanding. I still catch myself humming, "on this magic ni-ight, a million stars will play beside us..."
And the beautiful finale where the floats and various Disney characters clothes would change to complete white colors during the children and adult choir. Dreamlights did a similar effect during the Small World finale except that the floats turn black with twinkling lights and the characters costumes don't change color.

Last edited:

brb1006

This is how I felt throughout the 40th.

dog-o.gif
Even the ceremony felt a bit disappointing not as bad as the Star Wars show but still.

Here's Disneyland's 59th Anniversary opening complete with the announcement of the 60th Anniversary back in 2014.

doctornick

I'm sure people will disagree, but I think Pandora is a better fit for DAK than Zootopia.

When I read the previous comment, I thought the exact same thing. Pandora given its overarching vibe about conservation, nature, caring for animals, etc. and the plot point of the native people literally having a neural connection to the environment actually feels like a great fit for DAK. Zootopia, though it contains animals, actually seems at odds with the park -- I think it (and other clothes wearing animal movies like Robin Hood or Mr. Toad) are better placed in other parks like DHS or MK. There's a lot of quality Disney features that would fit better in DAK than Zootopia -- like Jungle Book for one or stuff like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Tarzan, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, etc.

RSoxNo1

When I read the previous comment, I thought the exact same thing. Pandora given its overarching vibe about conservation, nature, caring for animals, etc. and the plot point of the native people literally having a neural connection to the environment actually feels like a great fit for DAK. Zootopia, though it contains animals, actually seems at odds with the park -- I think it (and other clothes wearing animal movies like Robin Hood or Mr. Toad) are better placed in other parks like DHS or MK. There's a lot of quality Disney features that would fit better in DAK than Zootopia -- like Jungle Book for one or stuff like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Tarzan, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas, etc.
Personally I like the idea of some of the non-fairytale properties having their own pseudo Fantasyland in DHS. Pixar would have it's own area, but things like Big Hero 6, Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph all feel like they'd be better suited as a new land in DHS.

doctornick

Personally I like the idea of some of the non-fairytale properties having their own pseudo Fantasyland in DHS. Pixar would have it's own area, but things like Big Hero 6, Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph all feel like they'd be better suited as a new land in DHS.

Couldn't agree more. To throw a bone to the nostalgia folks, I'd include an upgraded LPS version of Mr Toad's.

No Name

I'm sure people will disagree, but I think Pandora is a better fit for DAK than Zootopia.

Yes, infinitely. Pandora's theme has something to do with nature, while Zootopia's does not. Zootopia is a movie about a unrealistic city and community of animals, and the themes are of prejudice and self-confidence. Great themes, and unique setting, but they make no sense in DAK.

Just because the movie is about animals doesn't mean it fits. Avatar is about aliens and another planet, and yet it fits into a park about animals and the earth far better. Theme is the more important thing.

Cesar R M

Yes, infinitely. Pandora's theme has something to do with nature, while Zootopia's does not. Zootopia is a movie about a unrealistic city and community of animals, and the themes are of prejudice and self-confidence. Great themes, and unique setting, but they make no sense in DAK.

Just because the movie is about animals doesn't mean it fits. Avatar is about aliens and another planet, and yet it fits into a park about animals and the earth far better. Theme is the more important thing.
Zootopia could fit if you take the environments. Even if its just a "social adventure" type movie.
After all, the whole movie of Avatar was Pocahontas in Space. Which has the scifi fauna and flora(nature) as the main point.

Kman101

I won't get my hopes too high about the 50th, so maybe they can pleasantly surprise me. It would be nice. It deserves an actual celebration. In an ideal world, MK gets a new fireworks and light parade (something less Paint the Night and more in the scope and scale of SpectroMagic/MSEP), and they should be focusing on Tomorrowland's make-over, and expansions in both Frontierland and Adventureland. There needs to be more to do to suck in the crowds and more room to walk. But that's if a fan was running the show. We all know what the other parks need. But I have my expectations in check.

The thought of MSEP (which I have the attachement to) creaking down Main Street in 2020 really does sadden me a bit. It's just ridiculous how cheap WDW is run.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I won't get my hopes too high about the 50th, so maybe they can pleasantly surprise me. It would be nice. It deserves an actual celebration. In an ideal world, MK gets a new fireworks and light parade (something less Paint the Night and more in the scope and scale of SpectroMagic/MSEP), and they should be focusing on Tomorrowland's make-over, and expansions in both Frontierland and Adventureland. There needs to be more to do to suck in the crowds and more room to walk. But that's if a fan was running the show. We all know what the other parks need. But I have my expectations in check.

The thought of MSEP (which I have the attachement to) creaking down Main Street in 2020 really does sadden me a bit. It's just ridiculous how cheap WDW is run.

The MSEP should run on special occasions only just like the antique fire trucks the local firefighters run on parades yes they could be pressed into service once more if needed but their real value is to remind us of times past. MSEP is like an antique fire truck it needs to be preserved and occasionally viewed but it's no longer a 'daily driver'.

Kman101

The MSEP should run on special occasions only just like the antique fire trucks the local firefighters run on parades yes they could be pressed into service once more if needed but their real value is to remind us of times past. MSEP is like an antique fire truck it needs to be preserved and occasionally viewed but it's no longer a 'daily driver'.

Unfortunately they don't do "preserve" well ...

Bocabear

the 50th should be celebrated with at the very least as much hype and substance they did for Disneyland... Each of the parks should get a new attraction just for the 50th...not one that is already in the pipeline. It should be celebrated with all the parks like they did with Disneyland, there should obviously be a new parade, a new fireworks show, new meet & Greets (which I could care less about). There should be the sense of something truly amazing...The park makes a mint...everyone knows that...it would be nice for WDW to get the biggest and the best for a change...instead of the stripped down cheap version of everything..Oh yeah and a cupcake...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom