Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

DCA 2.0, DAK 2.0, DHS 2.0. MARVEL LAND and saving the MK from falling apart.

Specifically HM, HoP, BTMRR, PIrates, JC, Splash and Space Mountains and MSUSA. And the railroad. And Astro Orbitors. And TR. All had not been maintained with any sense of priority.
I believe I covered the first three with my mention of the lands that were/are being built. I will add RoL and the new Star Wars projection show though. Marvel Land? Please spare me. It's been done already since 1999 and much better than what's rumored for DCA. Magic Kingdom? Sorry, no gold stars for doing work that should've been done consistently in the first place. Space Mountain being saved from falling apart? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :hilarious:

jt04

I believe I covered the first three with my mention of the lands that were/are being built. I will add RoL and the new Star Wars projection show though. Marvel Land? Please spare me. It's been done already since 1999 and much better than what's rumored for DCA. Magic Kingdom? Sorry, no gold stars for doing work that should've been done consistently in the first place. Space Mountain being saved from falling apart? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Point is that the MK was not being maintained with a view to the long term. New management fixed that. And that cost a lot more than it would have with enough investment all along. I forgot to add the new hub to the list also.

As for the new Marvel adds (if they get greenlit), it would be a mistake to underestimate Joe. IMO.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Awell let's not have blinders on... Disney has delivered some bombs for sure...Let's not forget Rocket Rods, Mission Space, Superstar Limo, DCA 1.0, Hong Kong Disneyland at opening...They have been known to value engineer something to death...as well as do amazing work...problem is you never know what you are going to get.

Don't forget FrozStrom which has taken 2 years and cost half as much as Diagon Alley ... Yeah that's a great value

Wikkler

DCA 2.0, DAK 2.0, DHS 2.0. MARVEL LAND and saving the MK from falling apart.

Specifically HM, HoP, BTMRR, PIrates, JC, Splash and Space Mountains and MSUSA. And the railroad. And Astro Orbitors. And TR. All had not been maintained with any sense of priority.
What Marvel Land? No, really. Did I miss something?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Actually Space Mountain IS falling apart that's why the cars needed trim brakes and the place is visited nightly by the welding fairy sporting 7018 rods to weld up the cracks.

brb1006

My favorite parade of all time and if they could remake this parade with new technology that would be amazing.
Maybe it could get the Dreamlights treatment like how TDEPD is a plussed version of MSEP and made my jaw drop when I first seen footage of the parade years ago. I really miss the Spectromen there was something about them that felt so unique and might have been the last time Disney created new characters exclusive to the parks like Dreamfinder and Figment were for Epcot.

brb1006

We ALL want that, Spectromagic was such an amazing parade, MSEP I love from a nostalgia PoV but it needs to be replaced by something new and amazing and run on special occasions only.
Not to mention Jiminy hosted Spectro along with Wishes and it fit together so perfectly.

Speedy71

Look who was in charge for the 40'th and you have your answer as to why the energy was missing.

This is how I felt throughout the 40th.

dog-o.gif

Disone

Don't forget FrozStrom which has taken 2 years and cost half as much as Diagon Alley ... Yeah that's a great value

19 months (and counting) is not 24 months:) Not yet anyway. It does seem weird how slowly Disney builds things, but I think its because building faster is more expensive, and right now while there is pressure on Disney to response, the response also can be measured and tempered a bit by the fact that is it is so far ahead of its competition. We would all like to see Disney grow like it did from 1989 through 2000. People like to point to uni's double digit growth, and then use it to paint a picture that they are nipping at Disney's heals. They are not. It is easy to grow attendence when your attendance, even after 2012 massive double digit growth for IOA, is now in 2015 roughly at 31 percent of what WDW's annual attendance. At over 19 million annual visits, how many more millions of visits would an e-ticket add to the MK and honestly, does the MK want that many more visitors??? By it self, the MK represented an 18% increase over the combined attendance of USF and IOA in 2015. WDW's other three parks were just gravy. Even if USF over takes DHS, it the corporate worlds of competitions, it will not be a sign Disney's Doom that internet forums will try to spin.

WildcatDen

Failing companies tend to have a division where they hide their losses by having this division 'sell' services to other departments at grossly inflated prices, It's one of the only logical explanations as to why WDI is so expensive relative to it's competition especially since WDI has divested itself of manufacturing.
So, Disney is now a "Failing Company"? And if cupcakes are truly $21 for the 50th I will buy you one.

brb1006

But somehow OLC can put together new parade(s) EVERY year, At WDW it's the lack of WILL and the desire to suck money out of the park for buying crap like Maker Studios (now debuting on Disney XD) and pouring it down the sinkhole known as Disney Interactive. For the love of finagle if Disney wants video games contract with EA to do them.
Don't forget the Christmas Edition of Dreamlights complete with Christmas music and decorations everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom