Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil of Baker Street

I’m not a big poster but I’ve shared my views a few times here. I’ve said in the past and I stick by my personal speculation that come mid summer 2021 things will be very close back to normal. I personally feel Disney is ramping up for this timeline and now that the vaccines have started gaining traction and are not pipedreams anymore, they’re probably figuring out real concrete timelines POST-WINTER to start ramping back up. They have way more insider info to all this than any of us here, I’m sure they’re using this info wisely and Josh’s announcement that the 50th is starting in 2021 only solidifies this notion for me. No way does he state that otherwise. And it’s not just Disney, I personally feel every business is now gearing up for summer 2021 and putting timelines and policies in place because of the anticipated accessibility and (hopefully)success of the vaccines. 95% efficacy is a total game changer, (or maybe I’m just a naive optimist)
Nothing wrong with a little optimism. It seems to be pretty scarce these days.

TTA94

Curious if the whole “PTN coming to WDW” thing is still solid and waiting for the entertainment return green light? Or if that whole idea got squashed regardless what 2021 brings?

doctornick

Curious if the whole “PTN coming to WDW” thing is still solid and waiting for the entertainment return green light? Or if that whole idea got squashed regardless what 2021 brings?

My guess is that is it is a possibility if the parks return to "normal" by the 50th and large scale entertainment is permissible. That would be the first hurdle and the second would be a wiliness to (re-)hire needed entertainment to actually run it.

I don't think transporting it across the country would be an issue at all. And DL seems unlikely to be using it any time soon (and wasn't running it pre-COVID anyway).

brb1006

In a second panel after Josh's a Disney tech exec talked about how mobile experiences will be a part of the 50th including things like Disney Genie. Didn't go into much detail but worth mentioning.
I forgot about Disney Genie being a thing until now.

TTA94

My guess is that is it is a possibility if the parks return to "normal" by the 50th and large scale entertainment is permissible. That would be the first hurdle and the second would be a wiliness to (re-)hire needed entertainment to actually run it.

I don't think transporting it across the country would be an issue at all. And DL seems unlikely to be using it any time soon (and wasn't running it pre-COVID anyway).

Just think, next year at this time, IF things improve and entertainment does goes back to “normal”, MK Could have a light parade again lol.

Giss Neric

As much as I would love seeing a nighttime parade comeback, it will always be at the back of my mind that we got the leftovers from the other park and this was the result of budget cuts. But hey, at least we have something right?

TTA94

As much as I would love seeing a nighttime parade comeback, it will always be at the back of my mind that we got the leftovers from the other park and this was the result of budget cuts. But hey, at least we have something right?

I agree, definitely not what MK deserves which is something brand new, but after all that’s happened this year, I think PTN would be the next best option and we’d be lucky to get that much. I would rather have “something new to MK” instead of MSEP again.

TTA94

What everyones thoughts on if FoF will retun untouched? Would be a missed opportunity if it does return untouched, and before the 50th kickoff. I’m not expecting much, but at least some enhancements or paint refresh of the floats would be nice.

jrhwdw

What everyones thoughts on if FoF will retun untouched? Would be a missed opportunity if it does return untouched, and before the 50th kickoff. I’m not expecting much, but at least some enhancements or paint refresh of the floats would be nice.
Forgive me if I'm missing the question but does FOF need a referb? If anything comes back before the 50th, we would just go back to March 15th minus ROL(and anything else that's cut) Correct?

mm52200

People like to ignore this but they do a pretty good job maintaining FoF throughout the year. I’m sure some work is being done when time and budget allows. Nothing major but certainly touch ups here and there.

Squishy

People like to ignore this but they do a pretty good job maintaining FoF throughout the year. I’m sure some work is being done when time and budget allows. Nothing major but certainly touch ups here and there.
Back in early march, it looked like some units had some paint touch ups, parts of the tangled float looked brighter than usual to me.

mm52200

Back in early march, it looked like some units had some paint touch ups, parts of the tangled float looked brighter than usual to me.
Yes there is work ongoing throughout the year usually. Various paint touch ups, fixes, etc.
People just only notice when something is broken and like to complain. They don’t notice the upkeep and good work that is done.

TTA94

Disneyland ain't opening soon and they together will all California theme parks will struggle when they eventually open next year. Just bring the Disneyland Magic Happens parade to WDW for the 50th as a day parade and PTN as night.

Cant say Magic Happens coming to MK would get me excited, and it wouldn’t be a step up from FoF. MH isn’t no Parade of Dreams! which to this day I wish MK had gotten.

Other options I wish were on the table was TDLs Dreaming Up or Happiness Is Here (If the floats still exist) and Dreamlights :)

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Cant say Magic Happens coming to MK would get me excited, and it wouldn’t be a step up from FoF. MH isn’t no Parade of Dreams! which to this day I wish MK had gotten.

Other options I wish were on the table was TDLs Dreaming Up or Happiness Is Here (If the floats still exist) and Dreamlights :)
I agree. FoF is definitely superior to Magic Happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom