Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Not related to WDW but looks like HKDL is going through with their 15th Anniversary, with decorations up. Not sure what all they have planned for the Anniversary other than their new castle.

Animaniac93-98

Not related to WDW but looks like HKDL is going through with their 15th Anniversary, with decorations up. Not sure what all they have planned for the Anniversary other than their new castle.

The castle is part of a new set up for daytime and night time shows involving live performers, fountains, projections and fireworks.

The new Frozen area may or may not open within a year of the anniversary start date.

TTA94

The castle is part of a new set up for daytime and night time shows involving live performers, fountains, projections and fireworks.

The new Frozen area may or may not open within a year of the anniversary start date.

Were they planning a new nighttime show or a new parade?

Animaniac93-98

Were they planning a new nighttime show or a new parade?

Daytime and Night time show in front of new castle was always the plan. I believe they start Nov 21, but will do the Christmas ones first.

Prior to the new castle there was a stage in the hub for shows, so this is the replacement.

Animaniac93-98

The actual day of HKDL's 15th anniversary was back in September, but the park was closed then and the new castle wasn't done.

Starting it on Nov 21 is another example of Disney not necessarily doing park anniversary promotions on or around the actual date. They could delay WDW's 50th until after October 1 or until 2022 if they wanted too.

TTA94

I am curious now if this means Disney has set plans and dates in place? Or still fluid?

“Digging a litter deeper” here lol, maybe entertainment plans in place?

MagicHappens1971

Any guesses when Josh will announce the details?
Personal opinion is that Disney will wait to make any announcements until end of February - mid March next year. They’ll want to see if the impending nationwide lockdown that will start after inauguration day will work, what that will mean for them, and then the rollout of a vaccine. Disney isn’t rolling out the red carpet for a 50th event to begin with, and especially not if they can only have a party with 25-35% capacity. I think they’d rather hold off until ‘22, maybe start the banners, promotion and what not at the end of ‘21, let the holidays pass and kick off the event on New Year’s Eve and let it last till October of ‘23. Have no insider info just speculating

TTA94

Personal opinion is that Disney will wait to make any announcements until end of February - mid March next year. They’ll want to see if the impending nationwide lockdown that will start after inauguration day will work, what that will mean for them, and then the rollout of a vaccine. Disney isn’t rolling out the red carpet for a 50th event to begin with, and especially not if they can only have a party with 25-35% capacity. I think they’d rather hold off until ‘22, maybe start the banners, promotion and what not at the end of ‘21, let the holidays pass and kick off the event on New Year’s Eve and let it last till October of ‘23. Have no insider info just speculating

Yeah I agree, right now with what Disney is saying, Acting like things are on the way to normalcy, and increasing capacity Conflicts with what’s going on currently with Covid. Cases on the rise, said “dark winter”, the threat of another lockdown, pending unknown vaccine....
A part of me isn’t to worried as I’m sure Disney knows what they are doing. I hope. If WDW has to shut down again, I can’t imagine that being a good thing! Even if it’s a short shutdown.

jrhwdw

Yeah I agree, right now with what Disney is saying, Acting like things are on the way to normalcy, and increasing capacity Conflicts with what’s going on currently with Covid. Cases on the rise, said “dark winter”, the threat of another lockdown, pending unknown vaccine....
A part of me isn’t to worried as I’m sure Disney knows what they are doing. I hope. If WDW has to shut down again, I can’t imagine that being a good thing! Even if it’s a short shutdown.
I'm thinking the 50th is gone if WDW is down longer that 2 weeks. We all were hoping it would be 2 weeks on March 16th, turned out to be July 11th.

Would DLR's inability to open affect the 50th somehow? Shutdown or not, Vaccine or not, we still have 1 Resort still closed! DLR needs to reopen someway IMO!

SpoiledBlueMilk

That's a good point. It seems as though slowly increasing capacity and getting ready for fireworks shows runs counter to the trend lines for the virus at this point. However, they can do a fireworks show at 6:00 like DLP does in the winter and it works just fine. Keeping people distanced as the pack the hub will be a concern...

sbunit

I’m not a big poster but I’ve shared my views a few times here. I’ve said in the past and I stick by my personal speculation that come mid summer 2021 things will be very close back to normal. I personally feel Disney is ramping up for this timeline and now that the vaccines have started gaining traction and are not pipedreams anymore, they’re probably figuring out real concrete timelines POST-WINTER to start ramping back up. They have way more insider info to all this than any of us here, I’m sure they’re using this info wisely and Josh’s announcement that the 50th is starting in 2021 only solidifies this notion for me. No way does he state that otherwise. And it’s not just Disney, I personally feel every business is now gearing up for summer 2021 and putting timelines and policies in place because of the anticipated accessibility and (hopefully)success of the vaccines. 95% efficacy is a total game changer, (or maybe I’m just a naive optimist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom