Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Delay it. Make it Magic Kingdom's "52nd" Anniversary with the park theme based on "Magician" tropes with a focus on the 52 cards in a deck, Merlin, magicians (and Sorcerer Mickey) Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts theme, Card Magic street performer on Main Street, etc. A Royale Castle projection show. Card-themed Small World facade overlay. Ghostly "magician" overlay to HM library, floating cards in Madame Leota's room, etc. Themed souvenir card decks $12.99...

Eh it's a start.

Get NPH involved. He'll have some ideas.

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

Delay it. Make it Magic Kingdom's "52nd" Anniversary with the park theme based on "Magician" tropes with a focus on the 52 cards in a deck, Merlin, magicians (and Sorcerer Mickey) Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts theme, Card Magic street performer on Main Street, etc. A Royale Castle projection show. Card-themed Small World facade overlay. Ghostly "magician" overlay to HM library, floating cards in Madame Leota's room, etc. Themed souvenir card decks $12.99...

Eh it's a start.
Or they can just lie and deny the park opened in 1971. The public doesn't give a darn about facts anyway.

brb1006

But, but he knows his magic stuff. And he has history with the parks. The WOC 60th celebration was just bad all around.
The only good thing about that show was "Forever Young" and the song "Disneyland" by Howard Ashman.

Usually Disney creates special songs related to a major milestone for DL and WDW. Really curious to see what WDW's 50th Anniversary theme/anthem will be.

Just hope they don't make a song like "It's A Good Time" that was played everywhere during Mickey and Minnie's 90th Anniversary Celebration. I heard that song on almost every single advertisement for Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

TrainsOfDisney

The only good thing about that show was "Forever Young" and the song "Disneyland" by Howard Ashman.

Usually Disney creates special songs related to a major milestone for DL and WDW. Really curious to see what WDW's 50th Anniversary theme/anthem will be.

Just hope they don't make a song like "It's A Good Time" that was played everywhere during Mickey and Minnie's 90th Anniversary Celebration. I heard that song on almost every single advertisement for Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

“Cmon everyone get your rose gold ears on!”

Ldno

Well since the castle is painted fuchsia pink, could we expect another massive Cake decoration this time lol
I mean things could be worse, DL is getting stiff on their 65th anniversary, that merchandise is sweet though

TTA94

A 50th theme song would be nice, even if it’s a watered down Celebration.

I think a good word to use for the 50th is “scattered”. Not a total bust, but things happening throughout the Anniversary year.

Po'Rich

Eh it's a start.

My initial reaction to this idea was rather negative: A 52nd Anniversary? Preposterous! However, as I read on and considered it, this isn't really that bad of an idea. It is a way to make lemonade out of lemons.

Jrb1979

Eh it's a start.

Cedar Point delayed their 150th anniversary til next summer so don't see what the problem is

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My initial reaction to this idea was rather negative: A 52nd Anniversary? Preposterous! However, as I read on and considered it, this isn't really that bad of an idea. It is a way to make lemonade out of lemons.

Yeah, it's a bit kooky. Who ever heard of a 52nd Anniversary. But Disney could spin it in their favor. In any case, regardless of what they do (and when) delaying it just makes more sense to me.

Cedar Point delayed their 150th anniversary til next summer so don't see what the problem is
Me either. The average guest (presumably) wouldn't know anyway. I'd much prefer a full on celebration vs a half-assed scattershot attempt. Delaying it sounds like the better solution from a marketing and park logistics standpoint.

TTA94

My question is, if they are doing this for the 50th, wasn't that supposed to be called “The Worlds Most Magical Celebration”? One would think that would be on the sign. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom