Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

IDK, I'm starting to think that maybe MK shouldn't be given a pass! Maybe we should expect a 50th! They have the money, or did all the 50th money go other parts of the company that are not Parks?!?!?!

I would support FOF/HEA being delayed a week or a month after reopen(if there's no other way) but not till OCT 2021! Doesn't WSL need a Nighttime Spectacular for dinner? That's the reason we got EF after ROE correct?

Wishful thinking they do not want to touch the 50th budget even if they need to cut other things. They may need/be counting on the 50th Celebration to recover from this years mess.

As for Epcot, in another thread someone said Harmonius might be delayed. No surprise. Of course it was never fully announced what the previous opening date was going to be. If it was indeed Fall then now it’s probably going to be 2021? Just a guess.

jrhwdw

Wishful thinking they do not want to touch the 50th budget even if they need to cut other things. They may need/be counting on the 50th Celebration to recover from this years mess.

As for Epcot, in another thread someone said Harmonius might be delayed. No surprise. Of course it was never fully announced what the previous opening date was going to be. If it was indeed Fall then now it’s probably going to be 2021? Just a guess.
Then I would expect EF back up right when Epcot reopens or very soon after if we have the same thinking as we did in fall: WSL can't go without something between ROE and HUS.

TTA94

Speculation here but I would assume Destination D will go on as planned this Fall, but instead of new 50th info it’s probably going to consist of announcements of things that originally was intended to open this year and now got pushed to 2021. Harmonious being one of them. Who knows what the fate of Tron will be... Maybe late 2021 if we are lucky.

The only hope of that so called new nighttime parade would be if it was already under construction, and or if they feel it is essential for the 50th. Harmonius would be axed to if it wasn’t almost completed... and fortunately essential for Epcot.

celluloid

Disney further hurt on AP renewal sales over the die hards that were certainly going to renew for the 50th. Not the biggest piece of the pie but certainly a large one for the 50th year of the resort and all the lifestylers that will now have dates that go into the festivities, unless they push all of them towards the end of the year, which they could start or ramp up near October anyway.

jrhwdw

Speculation here but I would assume Destination D will go on as planned this Fall, but instead of new 50th info it’s probably going to consist of announcements of things that originally was intended to open this year and now got pushed to 2021. Harmonious being one of them. Who knows what the fate of Tron will be... Maybe late 2021 if we are lucky.

The only hope of that so called new nighttime parade would be if it was already under construction, and or if they feel it is essential for the 50th. Harmonius would be axed to if it wasn’t almost completed... and fortunately essential for Epcot.
Harm. getting axed would mean Epcot would keep EF, We don't have ROE to go back too. I like EF but we all know that it's not a full nighttime spectacular.

TTA94

Harm. getting axed would mean Epcot would keep EF, We don't have ROE to go back too. I like EF but we all know that it's not a full nighttime spectacular.

It’s not being axed, I just meant it probably would have been axed if it was not almost completed.

BubbaisSleep

At this point we all can agree projects that are well under construction are being completed & would cost more money in the future otherwise as the parts are already made. The new centerpiece/globe has already been seen assembled behind the scenes.

Surferboy567

I would like to call attention to Phillarmagic. What I’m about to say is a RUMOR and should be treated as such as it is NOT from the most credible of sources. I have just posted about this in the Mary Poppins thread as their was information about that as well. According to Brayden from Mickey Views on his recently uploaded video which I want to stress is NOT a reliable source but has gotten things correct before.

A project that he has heard that is in danger. Is the phillarmagic reimagining for the 50th. Apparently it was not only going to get a new film but also facade. This is one of the projects he expects to get cut. Again, this is a rumor from a non credible source so please take it with a gain of salt. It seems plausible.

I would also like to mention he also specifically mentioned adding the Hatbox Ghost to HM for the 50th. Thoughts?

Nland316

I wonder if it’d even be considered at all to postpone the 50th by an entire year until crowds were able to return to a “normal”.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Honestly I think the park shutdown plus the phased reopening will make the 50th feel extra special. I assume that would be the target date for the entire resort to he back online.

As long as the pandemic doesn't drag into late 2021.

That what I feel too at this point. It somewhat logical. Said as much back here:
How much $$$ would Mickey Mouse Co. lose if they simply wait it out > keep it closed to the public to enact major change (new attractions, repairs, etc) through the entirety of summer > reopen it to grand fanfare in time for the 50th?

But I do wonder if they "can" 🤷‍♂️

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would like to call attention to Phillarmagic. What I’m about to say is a RUMOR and should be treated as such as it is NOT from the most credible of sources. I have just posted about this in the Mary Poppins thread as their was information about that as well. According to Brayden from Mickey Views on his recently uploaded video which I want to stress is NOT a reliable source but has gotten things correct before.

A project that he has heard that is in danger. Is the phillarmagic reimagining for the 50th. Apparently it was not only going to get a new film but also facade. This is one of the projects he expects to get cut. Again, this is a rumor from a non credible source so please take it with a gain of salt. It seems plausible.

I would also like to mention he also specifically mentioned adding the Hatbox Ghost to HM for the 50th. Thoughts?

Anything that was rumored for the 50th and wasn't officially announced is of course possibly on the cutting board, e.g., the new night parade.

One doesn't need inside information to know that.

TRON Racers, Stitch Replacement, 50th updates to the day parade and HEA... all should be considered under the knife.

Even some things announced could be delayed, indefinitely postponed, or permanently canceled, like the Main Street Theater.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Anything that was rumored for the 50th and wasn't officially announced is of course possibly on the cutting board, e.g., the new night parade.

One doesn't need inside information to know that.

TRON Racers, Stitch Replacement, 50th updates to the day parade and HEA... all should be considered under the knife.

Even some things announced could be delayed, indefinitely postponed, or permanently canceled, like the Main Street Theater.

I definitely don't think we will see much money spent towards the 50th Anniversary. Which is a bummer. At the same time, I think TRON would be the most likely out of everything at MK to actually be completed for the 50th anniversary.

The_Jobu

I definitely don't think we will see much money spent towards the 50th Anniversary. Which is a bummer. At the same time, I think TRON would be the most likely out of everything at MK to actually be completed for the 50th anniversary.

I always got the feeling Disney wasn't planning to do much for the 50th anyway, some banners, new cupcakes and lots and lots of merch. This gives them a good excuse now.

Surferboy567

To be honest, I’m such a huge fan of TRON...and I’m happy to see it represented. Maybe it can give it a surge or popularity I would love a sequel, or even a Disney + show. I know that’s unlikely but one can dream. I’ve dreamed of a light cycle coaster since I saw Tron Legacy. Happy it’s coming to the states.

So the 50th being kinda a bummer is kinda ok, just because we get TRON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom