Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Anything that was rumored for the 50th and wasn't officially announced is of course possibly on the cutting board, e.g., the new night parade.

One doesn't need inside information to know that.

TRON Racers, Stitch Replacement, 50th updates to the day parade and HEA... all should be considered under the knife.

Even some things announced could be delayed, indefinitely postponed, or permanently canceled, like the Main Street Theater.

New nighttime parade no, heartbreaking, but under the circumstances maybe a borrowed parade? I guess that will depend on how much they cared about bringing back a night parade and if they felt it was needed/highlight of the 50th.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And isn't the scuttlebutt that the third parties who run some of the restaurants in Epcot are pushing hard for Harmonius to start as early as possible to push reservations as Epcot Forever has shown a dip in interest compared to Illuminations?

Yes.

IIRC some of the Tron artwork seems to suggest Speedway getting a makeover (not that concept art would be conclusive of anything).

No TRON Racers art work. Couldn't have been. Never announced. A TRON Car concept showed up in a b/vlog.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I would like to call attention to Phillarmagic. What I’m about to say is a RUMOR and should be treated as such as it is NOT from the most credible of sources. I have just posted about this in the Mary Poppins thread as their was information about that as well. According to Brayden from Mickey Views on his recently uploaded video which I want to stress is NOT a reliable source but has gotten things correct before.

A project that he has heard that is in danger. Is the phillarmagic reimagining for the 50th. Apparently it was not only going to get a new film but also facade. This is one of the projects he expects to get cut. Again, this is a rumor from a non credible source so please take it with a gain of salt. It seems plausible.

I would also like to mention he also specifically mentioned adding the Hatbox Ghost to HM for the 50th. Thoughts?
Probably moot now, but how would a new facade for Philharmagic even work? Anything worth a redo would stick out like a sore thumb in that area. Would they be reworking all the facades to go away from the festival theme? I don't buy it.

Surferboy567

Probably moot now, but how would a new facade for Philharmagic even work? Anything worth a redo would stick out like a sore thumb in that area. Would they be reworking all the facades to go away from the festival theme? I don't buy it.

I was wondering about that myself.

Donaldfan1934

Even if they wouldn’t be getting rid of the festival facades all at once, removing one would be a big step in the right direction as far as I’m concerned. It also probably wouldn’t stick out as bad as you think given that the festival facades are already sandwiched in between village facades.

Surferboy567

Even if they wouldn’t be getting rid of the festival facades all at once, removing one would be a big step in the right direction as far as I’m concerned. It also probably wouldn’t stick out as bad as you think given that the festival facades are already sandwiched in between village facades.

Yeah, would love to see a great chunk of the festival facades swapped with something more...grand. Take Pooh’s for example that one fits the 100 Acre Wood Theme much better and while not that grand it’s better then most of the other fantasyland facades. Obviously I’m a fan of almost all the new fantasyland facades.

brb1006

I know it's not related to WDW's 50th Anniversary, but RetroWDW (@wdwms) just posted two parts of their 5th Anniversary panel "RetroMagic" today from last October. This video shows Ron Logan (former executive of vice president of Walt Disney Entertainment) talking about his involvement with Spectromagic. Since he was the producer for the parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom