Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donaldfan1934

Yeah, would love to see a great chunk of the festival facades swapped with something more...grand. Take Pooh’s for example that one fits the 100 Acre Wood Theme much better and while not that grand it’s better then most of the other fantasyland facades. Obviously I’m a fan of almost all the new fantasyland facades.
Couldn’t agree more. One of my disappointments with new fantasyland was that Pooh’s facade was the only existing facade properly updated during the process. Upgrading the others at some point would make each section of the land much more consistent in quality visually speaking.

Donaldfan1934

Wait i just realized something, Celebrate: Tokyo Disneyland might be feasible to the magic kingdom, titled: Celebrate Magic kingdom a 50 year celebration. all they just need to do replace some tokyo attraction scenes with magic kingdom rides. And a theme song for the 50th anniversary.
I like the way you think. Even if it were somehow feasible for Disney to create an original show, Celebrate would probably be the best option considering it’s a perfect anniversary show as it is.

brb1006

Wait i just realized something, Celebrate: Tokyo Disneyland might be feasible to the magic kingdom, titled: Celebrate Magic kingdom a 50 year celebration. all they just need to do replace some tokyo attraction scenes with magic kingdom rides. And a theme song for the 50th anniversary.
I just hope the 50th Anniversary Theme Song will be as charming as "Remember The Magic" and "Forever Young". Forever Young was used in a lot of ads during Disneyland's 60th Anniversary celebration.

Heck, I hope Richard Sherman might be able to write a special song similar to "A Kiss Goodnight" that played during Disneyland's 60th Anniversary. Which was the outro music for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary fireworks show.

Crazydisneyfanluke

It would also shorten the show to the length of Once Upon A Time, which would be a perfect replacement. I was bored and figured it out....To much time on my hands lately.

TTA94

I’ve been thinking that for awhile. Technically the the song in the show was originally used at MK for “Magic Memories And You”. Tokyo just changed the lyrics lol.

At this point I think the best words for the 50th entertainment is “Reused” and or “New to the MK”.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I’ve been thinking that for awhile. Technically the the song in the show was originally used at MK for “Magic Memories And You”. Tokyo just changed the lyrics lol.

At this point I think the best words for the 50th entertainment is “Reused” and or “New to the MK”.
I thought it was Celebrate the Magic?

Anything that can be labeled new, will be labeled new. "New" entertainment will bring people in.

TTA94

I thought it was Celebrate the Magic?

Anything that can be labeled new, will be labeled new. "New" entertainment will bring people in.

No but Celebrate The Magic was are used somewhere else... WoC I think?

Hopefully we do get something “new” next year after all this crap this year. Still would hate to see MSEP but if there was a plan B option of what could have been... it’s probably MSEP.

So many uncertainties... but hopefully WDW will be counting on the 50th to bring back guests. Heck, all of Orlando may be counting on WDWs 50th to bring back tourists.

Giss Neric

I'm just dumbfounded why there will be no new parade for the 50th. Disneyland had a new one for their 60th. Tokyo had a new one for their 35th. 50th is like bigger than those two.

A 50th anniversary castle projection show/fireworks is most likely but I still prefer a parade. I don't want a special cavalcade like what Disneyland does but a proper parade.

IMDREW

I'm just dumbfounded why there will be no new parade for the 50th. Disneyland had a new one for their 60th. Tokyo had a new one for their 35th. 50th is like bigger than those two.

A 50th anniversary castle projection show/fireworks is most likely but I still prefer a parade. I don't want a special cavalcade like what Disneyland does but a proper parade.
Tokyo and Paris have a brand new one every 5 years..

Giss Neric

Source?

(I'm mean, *now*, it's unlikely, but until the CV crisis, there was no official word from Disney one way or the other, so... source?)
Well, I was just reading through months ago here about MSEP just coming back and stuff. I mean if they will have a new one, I assume it would take a year or two to build it and they never announced it on D23 last year, only Magic Happens. I'm still optimistic that they are keeping it as a surprise and just announce it one day this year or next year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, I was just reading through months ago here about MSEP just coming back and stuff. I mean if they will have a new one, I assume it would take a year or two to build it and they never announced it on D23 last year, only Magic Happens. I'm still optimistic that they are keeping it as a surprise and just announce it one day this year or next year.

Most insiders say MSEP is not coming back.

The ideal, if there was enough budget for it, that there'd be a new (or updated) day parade, a new state-of-the-art nighttime parade (which MSEP most definitely is not), and an updated 50th anniversary Happily Ever After.

Given the CV crisis, there may be a good chance none of those things will happen except maybe a new float in the day parade and a tag to HEA. Although, there was a rumor that WDW bought 50 new parade chassis.

At this point, it is pretty sure that WDW doesn't know what they're going to do given the current situation.

TrainsOfDisney

Source?

(I'm mean, *now*, it's unlikely, but until the CV crisis, there was no official word from Disney one way or the other, so... source?)

Before the Virus my understanding was there would not be anything new as far as a traditional day or night parade. There was something on the drawing board that had not been signed off on but it wasn’t going to be anything special. Just enough that they could say “we did something.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom