Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainplane3

My one complaint with Specto's music was .... its a waltz. That is not something that gets people hyped up. <Also a rather lackluster beginning and end compared to MSEP>
It felt grand, that's probably why I enjoyed Spectro over MSEP. After hearing MSEP and watching about 5 minutes, I left. It sounded cheap and looked cheap, which is fine considering how old it is. I respect the history of MSEP but it didn't fit MK at all.

TrainsOfDisney

But on paper parades don't make money.

Parades and Fireworks are attractions though. Attractions make money because they bring people into the parks.

I mean Disneyland ran an entire commercial campaign for the return of the Electrical Parade, you don’t run commercials and billboards for things that don’t bring in guests.

So I would argue that they do make money on paper.

The current management team is very against live entertainers, cutting them from rivers of light, cutting them from galaxies edge, cutting parades and shows.... it is quite odd to me actually. I’m surprised we still have the big budget castle show.

jrhwdw

Parades and Fireworks are attractions though. Attractions make money because they bring people into the parks.

I mean Disneyland ran an entire commercial campaign for the return of the Electrical Parade, you don’t run commercials and billboards for things that don’t bring in guests.

So I would argue that they do make money on paper.

The current management team is very against live entertainers, cutting them from rivers of light, cutting them from galaxies edge, cutting parades and shows.... it is quite odd to me actually. I’m surprised we still have the big budget castle show.
DON'T NOT GIVE TDO IDEAS about MRFF!!!!!!

About Entertainment making crowds and money.......Didn't MK see a need for HEA? if Attendance wasn't a problem after MSEP went home, we would still have Wishes right?

Kev1982

DON'T NOT GIVE TDO IDEAS about MRFF!!!!!!

About Entertainment making crowds and money.......Didn't MK see a need for HEA? if Attendance wasn't a problem after MSEP went home, we would still have Wishes right?

exactly
SWGE not really that big of crowds showing up at Disneyland.
MSEP....loads of people!!!!

jrhwdw

exactly
SWGE not really that big of crowds showing up at Disneyland.
MSEP....loads of people!!!!
Wonder if Magic Happens is helping with crowds or if DL still needs MSEP and/or PTN if the're low.

A better show than Mix Magic would help too IMO!

TTA94

Yes. My very limited understanding is that HEA got a bigger pyro budget because of no night-parade.

I’m curious once Harmonius opens if that could possible have a impact on HEA. Meaning a reason for them to possible switch to a 50th show, possibly a MK Forever show, maybe less pyro, which could help with the cost of returning a parade?

jrhwdw

I’m curious once Harmonius opens if that could possible have a impact on HEA. Meaning a reason for them to possible switch to a 50th show, possibly a MK Forever show, maybe less pyro, which could help with the cost of returning a parade?
Time might be an issue......Twitter rumor says Harm. not till Oct 1st. 1 year before the 50th.(if the 50th doesn't start any eariler)IDK how much time TDO needs to start up new fireworks shows. If we wait for Harm. I think a brand new parade is out of the question. I think It'll be MSEP or PTN(Sounds like MSEP most likely)which if fine with me! I'm just saying don't expect something new if we have to wait for Harm. to see what effect MK has.

jrhwdw

Time might be an issue......Twitter rumor says Harm. not till Oct 1st. 1 year before the 50th.(if the 50th doesn't start any eariler)IDK how much time TDO needs to start up new fireworks shows. If we wait for Harm. I think a brand new parade is out of the question. I think It'll be MSEP or PTN(Sounds like MSEP most likely)which if fine with me! I'm just saying don't expect something new if we have to wait for Harm. to see what effect MK has.
If something's not already in the works! All I'm saying is 1 year or under is not enough time to conceive, build and debut a brand new parade, I could be wrong though!!

TrainsOfDisney

If something's not already in the works! All I'm saying is 1 year or under is not enough time to conceive, build and debut a brand new parade, I could be wrong though!!

I agree.... it’s not looking promising. :-(

We should be getting a new day parade too, FOF will be in its 8th & 9th year during the anniversary.

At this point I think we will be lucky to have msep and not just “move it shake it mouske’50th it”

doctornick

Also, I don't ever want a parade at DAK again. MJJ was cute, but it made it so difficult to get around the park. At EPCOT I'd rather see more atmospheric entertainment in lieu of a parade.

If they built new parades, I'd want to see a night parade at MK and a new day parade at DHS (either Pixar or a similar concept to Lights, Stars, and Motor Cars). FoF could maybe get an update or an additional unit (there's at least 2 that were designed), but it's one of the strongest day parades we've ever seen in the parks. There's no need to outright replace it when it's still so highly rated.

Both Epcot and especially DAK would probably be better suited by having a large scale daytime water show like Mythica in Tokyo rather than a parade due to logistics.

They certainly should have a daytime parade back at DHS. With the current attention/crowds that the park is having combined with the lack of new stuff that should have been built along with Star Wars, it seems to me to be a no brainer to have a daytime parade. The infrastructure is all still there and it would pull people away from SW and Toy Story.

doctornick

As has been mentioned, they reportedly have a new light parade designed for MK - the question is whether it has or will be given a budget. Certainly could be done for October 2021 if desired.

mickeyfan5534

But on paper parades don't make money. Why would you spend money on something with no calculable return on investment? The shareholders will never see its value in an earnings report.
This is what I mean when I say that current management misses the forest for the trees. If you keep updating entertainment, you can drop new merch for that entertainment that lets the cash roll in. The old adage about spending money to make money applies all too well in this industry.

Walter Elias Disney

Both Epcot and especially DAK would probably be better suited by having a large scale daytime water show like Mythica in Tokyo rather than a parade due to logistics.

They certainly should have a daytime parade back at DHS. With the current attention/crowds that the park is having combined with the lack of new stuff that should have been built along with Star Wars, it seems to me to be a no brainer to have a daytime parade. The infrastructure is all still there and it would pull people away from SW and Toy Story.
Bring Mickey's Soundsational Parade from Disneyland to DHS. We have received hand me downs from Disneyland before and this particular parade would be an awesome addition to the park. It would be a great tie in for Mickey's Runaway Railway celebration!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom