Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhwdw

Bring Mickey's Soundsational Parade from Disneyland to DHS. We have received hand me downs from Disneyland before and this particular parade would be an awesome addition to the park. It would be a great tie in for Mickey's Runaway Railway celebration!

Nope! Soundsational chassis were used for Magic Happens I believe. They could always rebuild it but good luck with that since we can't get a night parade into MK at this point!!

mickeyfan5534

Nope! Soundsational chassis were used for Magic Happens I believe. They could always rebuild it but good luck with that since we can't get a night parade into MK at this point!!
And didn’t GE basically wipe out any use for the DHS parade route as it was?

doctornick

I could have sworn one of our insiders said that something about GE meant that Studios couldn’t do parades anymore. Or am I insane and imagined that?

I think there was a concern that the crowds that was hoped/expected for Star Wars would make a parade at DHS unwieldy. But I'm not sure that is really valid and the parade route is untouched at this point.

Magic Feather

Bring Mickey's Soundsational Parade from Disneyland to DHS. We have received hand me downs from Disneyland before and this particular parade would be an awesome addition to the park. It would be a great tie in for Mickey's Runaway Railway celebration!

Besides, I'm pretty sure that Float Storage at DHS could not accommodate a parade on the scale of Soundsational.

jrhwdw

@marni1971 had mentioned awhile ago Rivers of Light might be getting a new version. Maybe next year?

Right now I’m worried what potential cuts could take place from this corona virus :rolleyes:. I hope the 50ths budget is safe...
Was that Before ROL: We Are One or after? Correct me but wasn't We Are One a surprise?

We were thinking ROL would get renewed/redone down the line and all of the sudden we got We Are One Memorial Weekend 2019!

TTA94

Was that Before ROL: We Are One or after? Correct me but wasn't We Are One a surprise?

We were thinking ROL would get renewed/redone down the line and all of the sudden we got We Are One Memorial Weekend 2019!

Maybe Steve Davison can come up with a better version of RoL, since he’s doing Harmonius. Couldn’t be any worse than the current version.

ToTBellHop

MK will go through a mid-life crisis next year and choose not to turn 50. It will instead celebrate its 49th birthday annually for the next five years and don’t you DARE try to shove an extra candle into your celebratory cupcake! It denies all accusations that the castle is receiving injections and it finds your suggestion that photos of the castle use filters to be insulting. The humid air makes the air blurry dammit!

Greenlawler

MK will go through a mid-life crisis next year and choose not to turn 50. It will instead celebrate its 49th birthday annually for the next five years and don’t you DARE try to shove an extra candle into your celebratory cupcake! It denies all accusations that the castle is receiving injections and it finds your suggestion that photos of the castle use filters to be insulting. The humid air makes the air blurry dammit!

Kind of like the "years" of a million dreams

DoleWhipDrea

Kind of like the "years" of a million dreams

You know, while the Year of a Million Dreams advertising was lackluster, having been an AP at Disneyland during that time, I’ll say that a lot of the freebies that they gave out were pretty great. Two highlights: free lanyards with complimentary fastpasses and free VIP parking. I wouldn’t mind WDW doing something like that.

But Disneyland did that for just after its 50th anniversary (which was celebrated for about 2 years) to keep people coming back. Being able to visit for free on your birthday was a great incentive to bring your friends and family with you to the parks. IMHO, a brilliant marketing ploy. If the 50th didn’t convince a local to become an AP, the Year of a Million Dreams certainly did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom