Magic Band Accessories

cslafferty

Original Poster
This is the place where grown ups can walk around with matching, flashy t-shirts, hats with ears that light up and no one reallly looks twice. And we're debating whether or not a band around their wrist is tacky???? Um . . . something tells me no one's going to worry about it.;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Do you guys walk around making sure you approve of the watches or bracelets everyone is wearing?
Who cares if its tacky or the magicband sucks.
Get your RFID card and go to the parks like you always have.

I don't understand why everyone is so down on these bands and accessories. Have you seen the ridiculous merchandise in the gift shops? This is par for the course.
I actually like the idea of the band. I just imagine a family with a kid...and knowing my kid, who didn't care to wear her watch more than a half hour out of the hotel...I suspect she also won't wish to wear her magic band more than 30 minutes out from the hotel. So, something else to carry...

bgraham34

I guess admittedly part of my point of view comes from my lack of enthusiasm for FP+ bands to begin with:oops:... and now seeing Disney trying to further turn it into a cash cow (which is smart business) repulses me even more.

That is one of my issues with the whole thing as well. I am sure the charms will sell really well with kids and some women but I personally would not buy a charm for mine. I wonder how easily the charms will pop off if the kids are playing.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That is one of my issues with the whole thing as well. I am sure the charms will sell really well with kids and some women but I personally would not buy a charm for mine. I wonder how easily the charms will pop off if the kids are playing.
Well, how well do pins with the Mickey backers stay on lanyards? Oh...not well at all? Here, spend an extra few bucks and get locking backers!

devoy1701

Well, how well do pins with the Mickey backers stay on lanyards? Oh...not well at all? Here, spend an extra few bucks and get locking backers!

Just stay off the Matterhorn and you should be golden. I've broken a watch and lost an Epcot 25 pin on that mountain...3 years apart...2-for-2 on riding it. :mad:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Just stay off the Matterhorn and you should be golden. I've broken a watch and lost an Epcot 25 pin on that mountain...3 years apart...2-for-2 on riding it. :mad:
My Skagan Disney watch cracked on Big Thunder...led to me buying the Skagan watch I have now.

topher

What if they made attraction specific Bandits? Maybe they come in the shape of the ride vehicle or popular characters from the ride.
I may not buy a Mickey slider but I would totally buy the kitchen sink from carousel of progress!

NeedMoreMickey

Now we know why it has taken so long to get the bands out for use, they didn't have the accessories ready yet. Can't blame Disney for trying to make money on these after all it is a business but I don't think I will be purchasing anything for the band.

bhg469

Now we know why it has taken so long to get the bands out for use, they didn't have the accessories ready yet. Can't blame Disney for trying to make money on these after all it is a business but I don't think I will be purchasing anything for the band.

My first thought was to laugh at this comment but then I realized that it could completely true. Why release the bands, which cost more for them to produce when you could just make everyone use the cards for now?

ulto22

If anyone is there this week and would like to donate their magic band, I am looking to take it apart and see what I can reverse engineer from it. I won't be visiting the parks until late next week so it seems I'm out of luck.

CDavid

They missed the one Magic Band accessory so many of us are going to want - the one that folds the thing up to make it easier to carry around in your pocket.

I'm only half joking. Making it in card form is great, but lacking many functions of the band (or just when you or your kids grow tired of wearing it), I seriously expect many people to end up with bands in their pockets.

Great packaging and display.

Please tell me people aren't going to buy these things just because they come in nice packaging and a flashy sales display?

Figaro928

I wonder if they'll end up the way of the pins where you can trade with CMs? That would make it fun.

Also i'm surprised they are sold in sets of three... who wants three of the same theme for one price when you could buy three seperate ones at a more jacked up price? Then the guests could customize it even more and the profits would be bigger...

Soarin' Over Pgh

With all the negativity surrounding this product in the fan community it seems to me like many just want to hate it. After waiting and listening... I have to say it looks impressive.

Great packaging and display.

This.

I'm a sucker for cute. And, the little pin characters are cute. Love the Muppets with Mickey ears. And yes, I AM one of those "put ears on it and she'll love it" types. Unfortunately.

My dog (avatar pic) doesn't agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom