Maelstrom

JazzDKD

One of our favorite rides at our favorite park. The ride never gets old or tiresome. Wonderful attraction on a very hot day.

If you like Pirates and always look forward to the ride at the MK, then you will probably like Maelstrom. It has its educational side (esp. the film afterward), but the ride in fun and entertaining as well. I love the section with the deep see oil rings and the polar bears.

We never miss this ride.

Sloan

Nice

The Maelstrom is no Splash Mountain, but for some reason I really do enjoy it. While it's not an attraction I would wait much for or feel like it's a "must ride", I'd certainly encourage newcomers to give it a try. It seems to fit in well with the goal of introducing someone to the 'theme' of the host country.

General Grizz

I like the ride, but I wouldn't wait 45 minutes for it. It's great to go first thing and ride it over. . . and over. . . and . . .

"You are not the first to pass this way!"

Shaman

Re: Re: Maelstrom

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Too short...but fun

Thats my problem with it...too short...but I agree..its fun...

Interesting observation though, both pavilions with "rides" are right next to one another...I wonder why they did that....

General Grizz

Re: Re: Re: Maelstrom

Originally posted by objr
Interesting observation though, both pavilions with "rides" are right next to one another...I wonder why they did that....

Well, initially in 1982, this wasn't the case (as Norway opened a few years later). Actually, some of the other pavilions were looking into rides (i.e. a late 80s concept of Matterhorn Mountain or "Meet the World" for Japan).

Maelstrom needs a theme song. You know, all the trolls singing along. :lookaroun

Shaman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Maelstrom

Originally posted by General Grizz
Maelstrom needs a theme song. You know, all the trolls singing along. :lookaroun

Nooooo!!!! The walls have ears...don't give 'em any ideas....

:brick: :lookaroun :lol:

bhg469

one of the best parts of maelstrom is the fact that im surrounded by norwegian girls. I LOVE norwegian girls

RSoxNo1

Originally posted by JazzDKD

It has its educational side (esp. the film afterward), but the ride in fun and entertaining as well.

The movie at the end isn't educational, let me sum it up for you:

"We have fjords, we found oil, then we had a parade."

Poncho1973

I'm been TOLD... err... hrmmpphhh... yeah... I've been TOLD that lighted eyeball of the initial lift hill of the Maelstrom is rather intense if one has had quite a few adult libations.

Kwit35

Re: Re: Maelstrom

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Too short...but fun
HERE, HERE (or is it HEAR, HEAR...?)
Anyway, love this ride. I get the urge to go to Norway, every time I see that movie. Love the vikings, love the trolls, love the deep sea rigs, love the ocean spray, love the little fishing village...Really love the mural at the que.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom