Maelstrom

flyersmv

i like this ride and for anyone dosnt wanna wait for it they have fastpass for it...

as for taking the picture of the lovely ladies in n e part of the World Showcase they are open to takes pictures with you next to them or with u arm around them or what not and for the grls the guys are also very willing.....just dont be rude to them and say things that are inappropiate....jus simply ask for a picture and they just about all of the CMs will be willing

poohbear6103

I love Maelstrom!! I even watch the movie at the end everytime we go on it. I especially like when the boat goes backwards and you feel like you are going to go over the waterfall. I must admit, even though I won't, there is always that part of me for at least one second that gets a little antsy at this part:)

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
i think this ride is by far the uppermost WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORSTEST and more worst ride in all of Disney World. I honestly have absolutely poselutely NO idea why they put a fastpass on this ride! It is a waist of money! I will admit the movie at the end was pretty good, but thats the only thing!

Kwit35

Originally posted by BrerFox28
i think this ride is by far the uppermost WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORST WORSTEST and more worst ride in all of Disney World. I honestly have absolutely poselutely NO idea why they put a fastpass on this ride! It is a waist of money! I will admit the movie at the end was pretty good, but thats the only thing!
But what did you really think of the ride? :)

JBSLJames

Originally posted by BrerFox28
Can anyone give me their opinion on Maelstrom?

I haven't seen her post lately, but I thought she had a lot to offer. She has a quick wit and evidently, a crush on some guy named Judd, who knew?

:hammer:

RSoxNo1

Let me get this straight... you didn't like the ride and you thought the movie was good? I can respect not liking the ride... but the movie?? As for the fastpass... it's a crowd control issue. You put a fastpass at a ride it draws newbies to it. They added one to the land and now it's a 60 minute wait at times. 3 years ago the Land was a walk on.

bhg469

I dont think the ride is all that exciting but theres not much better than norwegian pastries served by a norwegian hottie.

dizneeboy

I think the ride is a great addition to Norway and ride it everytime (as long as the line is under 20 minutes). It is too short, but definately fun. According to a article I read a long time ago, it was the first ride to use fiber optics to create the pixie dust effect. Changing the boat direction is always fun too. For a small footprint, I think it packs a good punch.

BTW the last time I was over that way the bakery was closed. I was very dissappointed. Its rehab isn't listed anywhere I can find. Does anyone know if it has reopened, or when it will?

Wilt Dasney

Re: Re: Maelstrom

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I haven't seen her post lately, but I thought she had a lot to offer. She has a quick wit and evidently, a crush on some guy named Judd, who knew?

:hammer:

She's been off at WDW (ironically enough) for the last little while.

(And I thought she had kept that crush a secret. Boy, will she be sore when she finds out the cat's been let out.)

DarkMeasures

Personally, I would really like to see Maelstrom redone. Especially since many of the effects aren't noticeable. Like the Tesla coil on the ride.

maelstrom

Well, I personally think that Maelstrom is a very cute and sweet girl. ;) Sorry, boys, I'm taken.

:lookaroun

OHH.. you meant *that* Maelstrom. Um.. well, yes, it's a good ride. I haven't watched the movie in years, though. And, yes, Norwegian girls!!

Dayma

OK I do enjoy the ride but I think it is too short and the theme for the ride/queue arent that great.

Is it worth a 40 minute wait? Not really. I also dont think you can compare this to POTC.

awallaceunc

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I look forward to riding later this year. I assume it is okay for kids?

Yeah, I'd say so. There's a POTC-esque drop in it, maybe a tad bigger. Also, it's possible that the theme of the ride, kind of stormy and mystic, might come off as frightening. If they can make it through Snow White, though, then this is probably ok.

I like the ride a lot, but it's missable if need be. I've never seen the movie (never had the time), and won't get to this year, either, but hope to on a future visit.

-Aaron

yensidtlaw1969

I don't think the drop is nearly as big as Pirates, considering that the drop on Pirates is the exact same size as the Splash Mountain drop:D .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom