Maelstrom

goofyman

OK i am the odd one here. I had been reading these post of how great this ride was and maybe i was all built up for it but..this is by far my least fav ride in all WDW. deff not worth the wait!

bhg469

Originally posted by bigcarolina77
I'll second that Norwegian girl comment...the place is filled with babes!!!!

i think thats what the beatles song is about you know, "norwegian wood" :drevil:

phlydude

Don't wait more than 20 minutes for the ride because it isn't that long. It is definitely not a thrill ride. Going backwards catches you off-guard the first time you ride it but it doesn't scare you any.

I have to agree with the other posters, the Norwegian ladies make the ride much more tolerable!!:hammer: :sohappy: :king:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by General Grizz
The film was great until I got that heart attack watching it the first time. :lookaroun

Ack... the film... that theater.... its like a deadly trap.. Ok... so you get out of your boat... THEN... you are stuck there... then the theater doors open... and I just bolt to the other side of the theater for the Exit..... and the CM's are like " NO, STAY for the movie!" Me: *runs away* :lol:

But then I kinda feel bad... cause I ditched the movie.. and so has everyone else behind me. :lol: :p

Kwit35

Originally posted by DMC-12
Ack... the film... that theater.... its like a deadly trap.. Ok... so you get out of your boat... THEN... you are stuck there... then the theater doors open... and I just bolt to the other side of the theater for the Exit..... and the CM's are like " NO, STAY for the movie!" Me: *runs away* :lol:

But then I kinda feel bad... cause I ditched the movie.. and so has everyone else behind me. :lol: :p
'Quad, open your minnnnnd...open your mmminnnnnnddd' :) Just kidding. I guess, in some people's opinion, if you've seen it once...yatta, yatta. I am not one of those people. I could sit through it over and over and...

surfsupdon

I'm a Norwegian looking for a gal on par with those Norwegian girls. (Lookswise only, see my shallowness--but I cna be. I'm Norwegain, lol).

Anyway, the ride is a favorite since my first time as a kid. It just seems so magical in the deep forests with trolls and magic spells. And it's great to bring my Norwegian grandmother on the ride with us--she loves it!:)

Goofy1932

Account Suspended
Originally posted by goofyman
OK i am the odd one here. I had been reading these post of how great this ride was and maybe i was all built up for it but..this is by far my least fav ride in all WDW. deff not worth the wait!

your not the only one. i thought this was by far the worst ride in all of Walt Disney World!:hammer: :brick: :eek: :cry:

mellie882

Originally posted by Poncho1973
I'm been TOLD... err... hrmmpphhh... yeah... I've been TOLD that lighted eyeball of the initial lift hill of the Maelstrom is rather intense if one has had quite a few adult libations.

That eye is my favorite part! I've only experienced it sober though. Now I'm really looking forward to my next trip! :p

Budahman

Definatly a fun ride. Definatly too short. Definatly wouldn't wait for more than 15 minutes to ride it.
It's one of the attractions I look forward to in the World Showcase along with The boat ride in Mexico.

KimPossible

Norway's maelstrom is a great ride, but i understand how some here have sour feelings towards it. Its fun, yet not worth the 40 minute wait some days. Basically, it comes down to that if u have to wait more than 10 for it, skip it and go back later on.

BrerPete

I just love listening to the authentic Norwegian dialect and when they say "tricky trolls". They should add ABBA to the ride.

symbasys

Originally posted by BrerPete
I just love listening to the authentic Norwegian dialect and when they say "tricky trolls". They should add ABBA to the ride.
ABBA was from Sweden, although I believe Frida is originally of Norwegian descent. :cool:

bjlc57

the boats don't....

The boats used to go farther out the opening before the refurbushing. A lot more scary. Let me ask a question, is it okay to ask the Norway CM's to model for you? as a photographer, I am always amazed at the beauty of the Cms at this country. Many times I would have liked to photographed some of Cm's there just because of their simple, downhome beauty. I didn't want to get in trouble for asking. Does anyone know if this is allowed if the CM's are above 18? Thanks bjlc.

BwanaBob

FYI

The large polar bear was the single, most expensive part of the attraction when it was being built.

...and the most 'abused' AA on these boards!

cherrynegra

I love this ride. Especially when it's hotter than h-e-double hockey sticks outside. It's way too short and they could have done more with it. And the little fishing village at the end is cute, until you realize they keep you captive on the dock and don't open the doors till there's a large enough crowd to go into the theater to watch their travel film.

"THE DOORS ARE OPENING!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!":lol:

Bliff

Many times I would have liked to photographed some of Cm's there just because of their simple, downhome beauty. I didn't want to get in trouble for asking. Does anyone know if this is allowed if the CM's are above 18? Thanks bjlc.

I've found that CMs are usually quite accepting, if not very willing, to be photographed. I've shot quite a few, and the usual response is for them to "ham it up" somehow for me. I don't think I've ever even asked anyone, but I guess I have never singled out a CM to take a picture of just them - I'm usually taking picture of something else and if a CM is nearby and therefore in my picture, they will often wave, smile, make a silly face, etc.

I can't imagine you'd get into trouble for asking - unless you say something like "Hey, baby you're really hot - can I take your picture?" :eek: Just a simple "Do you mind if I take your picture?" shouldn't offend anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom