Maelstrom refurbished!

acishere

Maelstrom was my 1st ride at EPCOT so it has a lot of sentimental value to me. So, I was very happy to see how cleaned up it looked during my last visit.

- The narration on the lift hill is very loud. We had the whole thing memorized since we could hear it in the queue.

- I didn't mind the lighting in the Viking scene since I could see all the details.

- The trolls are working great.

- The wave effects in the oil rig scene are really strong. I didn't like when one splashed me a bit, but the storm scene finally looks like you are in a storm.

- Watched the film for the first time in years. The 80s production values just makes the thing a comedy. I'm glad they don't make you wait for the film to end before letting you exit, but they should be directing the people passing through around the back, not the front.

- I have no issue with going through the entire gift shop. The perfume section and the wooden troll are parts of the attraction to me.

Last edited:

matt9112

the detail at any WS pavilion gets me every time...shame i have never visited them all...honestly...have never walked the entire circuit...that will change my friends...that will change.

MerlinTheGoat

Why's that?
Besides my love of France the country in general, it's just a really well made film. Great music and direction, really nice cinematography, fantastic locations etc. France being such a lovely country in of itself certainly helps things though (but this can also be said of the other countries around World Showcase, so it's really just a very well made film).

bugsbunny

Helly Hansen jackets are probably the best all weather jackets on the planet. Having worn Columbia for years, getting an HH for my wife was a game changer. They are $300+ at WDW or out in the wild, so the prices were surprisingly similar. Quality, fit, and weatherproofing are amazing.

aladdin2007

Helly Hansen jackets are probably the best all weather jackets on the planet. Having worn Columbia for years, getting an HH for my wife was a game changer. They are $300+ at WDW or out in the wild, so the prices were surprisingly similar. Quality, fit, and weatherproofing are amazing.

Love HH clothing, just too bad so high but sometimes their website offers deals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom