Maelstrom refurbished!

aladdin2007

The waterfall is indeed back in its full roaring glory!!! :happy: Also noticed today on Maelstrom since they made a few changes and updates (I had been wondering what was missing) they took out all the background music on the ride. Now you just have blaring narration and nothing else, kind of a shame. It helped fill dead or inbetween space and now the animatronics in the viking scene dont have dialogue anymore, its just loud narration or nothing to hear at all. It makes it feel like something is missing. Same goes for the fjord room going backwords before going down the falls, Grieg's Morning use to play through there, now nothing. Ceiling is in bad shape, yuck. But everything else looks pretty good as already discussed above and in previous pages.

willtravel

The waterfall is indeed back in its full roaring glory!!! :happy: Also noticed today on Maelstrom since they made a few changes and updates (I had been wondering what was missing) they took out all the background music on the ride. Now you just have blaring narration and nothing else, kind of a shame. It helped fill dead or inbetween space and now the animatronics in the viking scene dont have dialogue anymore, its just loud narration or nothing to hear at all. It makes it feel like something is missing. Same goes for the fjord room going backwords before going down the falls, Grieg's Morning use to play through there, now nothing. Ceiling is in bad shape, yuck. But everything else looks pretty good as already discussed above and in previous pages.
I guess the moral of the story is, don't look up...:eek::D

Hey all, I am trying to remember when the wall in the Maelstrom queue area was put up, the one that separates the loading area from the rest of the queue (and blocks your view of the mural!). Does anyone remember? Thanks!

aladdin2007

Hey all, I am trying to remember when the wall in the Maelstrom queue area was put up, the one that separates the loading area from the rest of the queue (and blocks your view of the mural!). Does anyone remember? Thanks!

That was quite some time ago but not exactly sure when, before that wall section was added in there was a huge beautiful framed painting by Christian Krohg on the left wall on loan.

That was quite some time ago but not exactly sure when, before that wall section was added in there was a huge beautiful framed painting by Christian Krohg on the left wall on loan.

Oh yes, I remember that! Very cool! What I can't remember is when it changed. I thought it was a while back, but a friend seems to think it was in the last 1.5 years. I would have thought it was changed before that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom