M.K. or Epcot?

DABIGCHEEZ

We usually end up scheduling our parks around when and where we can get ADRs, since we don't park hop. We try to head to MK first but doesn't always work out that way. However it is alays the last park we go to before leaving. This year DHS is first on the list.

WildLodgeFan

Varies from trip to trip. This time we are going to go to Epcot first on our first day down and DHS is our last day. This is what evolved from having a shorter time than we are used to - 5 days vs. 7 days and the particular activities we wanted to do (Luau, MNSHHP, Water Park, etc.).

Mostly in the past though, it's been MK first.

EpScott

I usually try to hit the Magic Kingdom first. In much the same fashion that Imagineers purposely plan the parks in a cinematic way (i.e.--forced perspectives, visual cues, and framing views of objects such as the Castle) I like to go to the park which is inherently the first chapter in this Disney "show". Epcot is my favorite park, but I cannot imagine starting my vacation there; it would seem like I'm entering the "show" in the middle act. To me, that "opening shot" of the Castle on approach from the TTC (which, by the way, I prefer by way of ferry over monorail the first day---monorail each time thereafter!) is the perfect way to kick-start my Disney vacation! The perfect ending (for me) is one last performance of Reflections of Earth and a final glance at Spaceship Earth as my vacation comes to an end.:(

wickedfan07

Epcot first and last. :)

In fact, I think I spent more time in Epcot thatn I did in the Magic kingdom last year. Certainly enetred Epcot much more than I did MK. I only visited MK three times that week, but must have been in Epcot at least 7 or 8 times. (I had Park Hoppers so it was convenient.)

Spike-in-Berlin

MK is not first because it is my favorite park. I still want to increase the anticipation, even if I am already in WDW. Normally is DHS first.

YodaGirl

We always start and finish with MK.

On our next trip, we're only doing 4 days in the park. We'll be splitting Epcot and DHS one day in order to save a day to visit MK the last day.

We always end the night with Spectromagic (even though it doesn't hold a candle to MSEP) and Wishes. Then we catch a launch back to the campground. We always watch the castle till it's out of site, and of course, we make a wish on the castle. Yes, we're that big of disney nuts. :lol:

KingStefan

It depends on the day of the week we are arriving, the recommendations on touringplans.com's crowd calendar, park hours for the parks that day, and Extra Magic Hours schedule. We always get park hoppers, so we take all of these things into consideration when we plan each of our days, and tour accordingly.

For example, if today were our first day, we'd probably do Blizzard Beach Morning EMH, then hit AK, since it's touringplan.com's best park today. Since the crowd level is a expected to be 9/10, we probably would not try to do too much at AK. Mostly FP things, eat lunch, and relax. Relaxing would be important, because Epcot has evening EMH. We'd shoot over there when AK closed and just see what the sitch is. I probably would have made ADRs for somewhere (where ever I could get in). Watch I:ROE. Then check out the wait times. (Do they run FP during EMH at Epcot if it's crowded?). If it's a bust, no big, we had a busy day.

I luv WDW

Epcot's the one

We generally always start, and end, at Epcot. It's our favorite.

Last trip: May 2008, Port Orleans French Quarter
Next trip: Fall 2009:kiss:

BrerKev

We start and end with MK as well. I love to start with MK, because it starts the magic of the vacation. I enjoy ending the vacation at MK to see Wishes one more time before flying home.

Jenna

We always start with epcot as it is our least fave park although we still really like it. We try to save the magic of MK for a little later on our trip!
We ALWAYS finish in MK we need to say bye to cindys castle! :D

SAV

I do the same thing KingStefan does. Since we stay off-site, I use the many resources available to stay away from EMH parks and any other special events that don't interest me. This last trip we started with AK and ended with DHS and had 4 days of Epcot and MK sammiched in. It worked great.

cblodg

The first and last park we do is M.K.
Who also does M.K. first?
If not M.K. which one and why.
Note: Downtown Disney is typically the FIRST thing we do after arriving. The next day though (first full day) is always M.K.:)

We used to meticulously plan our trips out. If we have ADRs then we plan really well. But the first two days we just take what ever bus comes first (as long as it's not the one we did the day before). Somehow we always seem to end up at eith MK or EPCOT.

WDFAN1977

I usually like to mix it up. I've done different parks first, water parks included, with each visit. Now that I have a little one I'm sure that will change for awhile (Ex: MK Mon, then AK Tues, then MK Wed, then MK Thur, MGM Fri, MK Sat :lol:).

For my family and I, we always begin our trip at the Magic Kingdom, as well as, ending the trip at the Magic Kingdom. It is where the magic begins and ends for us.

Ena 52299

Epcot!

We love M.K, but there's nothing like walking into Epcot on our first day... We never planned it this way, but it's almost become a tradition for us. No matter what we do on our last day, we always end our last night in the World Showcase and topping it off with Illuminations. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom