Lunch w/an Imagineer...anyone tried it?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone had done the lunch with an imagineer at DHS and what their thoughts were....

We're tentatively planning on booking this for our May/kid-free trip. :D

Iakona

Just wondering if anyone had done the lunch with an imagineer at DHS and what their thoughts were....

We're tentatively planning on booking this for our May/kid-free trip. :D

Did it. Loved it. Will do it again.
Just keep your expectations reasonable. The chances of getting Joe Rhode are slim to none. "Imagineer" encompasses a huge variety of job descriptions.
The food was awesome!!

Iknewagirlnamed

It is absolutely amazing. You also receive a free name tag with your name on it, and a plate that the imagineer will sign for you with a gold marker.

Do it. The food is great as well, but that pales in comparison to the experience itself.

UKHelen

Agree whole heartedly with other two replies.

What a fantastic experience! We had a lovely imagineer who had worked on all the art work, posters etc. at Philharmagic and was heavily involved in the refurb of IASW. He had lots of interesting stories to tell and clearly loved his job! He even had a fascinating story on how he landed his job (if I recall correctly his name was Jason). There were four guests plus me and DH and it was also interesting to hear their stories (one was a resort CM!). The experience was held in the Bamboo room at The Brown Derby and the food was excellent also.

Well worth the $$$ in my opinion - will definately be doing it again!

Tim G

Did it. Loved it. Will do it again.
Just keep your expectations reasonable. The chances of getting Joe Rhode are slim to none. "Imagineer" encompasses a huge variety of job descriptions.
The food was awesome!!
Imagineers are always such nice people... :D

Kingdom WDW

Lunch with an Imagineer is held at the Hollywood Brown Derby. There, you and the others in your group (totalling 9 or 10, but they all love Disney like you) are given a small tour and history of the resturant. Then, you are led to the Bamboo Room, a private room in the resturant, where you meet your Imagineer.

Then, you have some delicious food and talk with fellow Disney geeks and Imagineer. Then, you get a signed souvenir, and a personalized menu.

Worth everything!

Iknewagirlnamed

Can someone tell me more about lunch with an imagineer? I can't believe I never heard of this and it is something I would love to do!

For what I believe is $60.99 plus 18% gratuity for lunch, you get to have an amazing experience chatting and having lunch or dinner with an Imagineer. I did it in January at The Hollywood Brown Derby for Lunch and had Alex Wright. Keep in mind, however, that the dinner is at a different location and is much more expensive.

It's not something that is highly advertised... not in the least. All you have to do, however, is call up the Disney Dine Line and ask what dates are available during your vacation. You have to leave a credit card number in case of cancelation. But most definitely- do it. It will be one of the fondest memories of your vacation. It was for me. Oh and don't forget to tip the server a couple extra dollars to make it an even 20% tip. They do an amazing job and definitely deserve it. :)

mickeyfan75

Thanks for the information, how long does this lunch usually last? I have a 3 year old daughter, just wondering if it is something she'd last through

Kerby626

Honestly I can't see why an Imagineer would take time out of their busy schedule to have lunch with you. I mean I've eaten MANY meals you and I'm not that impressed....:ROFLOL: Some of them were okay but others were just crappy...We still love you even though yall dont call.

kc1296426

Just to clear some of the questions up:

LUNCH W/ IMAGINEER:
Description from allears: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Join a member of the creative team behind our latest theme park and resort projects for an informal, intimate lunch at the Disney Hollywood Studios' legendary Hollywood Brown Derby. Guests at the Imagineer meals get the VIP treatment, starting with seating in the swank, private Bamboo Room at the Brown Derby. You'll get a glimpse of the creative process as these talented men and women share what it's like to work in the most magical place in the world.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Each party will receive a souvenir designed exclusively for this experience that can be personalized by the Imagineer."

The lunch is offered every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11:30, and lasts usually for 2 or more hours depending on the situation.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Prices:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ages 10 and up - $60.99 + gratuity + 6.5% sales tax
Ages 3-9 - $34.99 + gratuity + 6.5% sales tax
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DINNER W/ IMAGINEER:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Description from allears: "Enjoy dinner at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge every other Thursday evening (5:30 p.m.) with a Disney Imagineer as the special guest. You'll get a fascinating glimpse of the creative process as these talented men and women share what it's like to work in the most magical place in the world."

Credit cards are required to book the dinner, and it also has a 48 hour cancellation policy. You can book up to 60 days in advance.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] s 10+ $89.00 plus 6.5% tax and 18% gratuity. Wine Pairing dinner is $110.00.
Children 3-9 $40.
I've heard that the dinner is more for oriented for s but kids are welcome. You might also be seated with other people during the dinner.

Call WDW-DINE for a reservation!
[/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom