luna99's WDW wedding thread!

luna99

Original Poster
i love reading this! Will your family be staying at the same resort as well? Is that what the 200$ guest room deposit is?

thank you! actually, no. the $200 is just the amount we had to pay down on our (my fiance and I) hotel during our stay there. We aren't sure where our guests and family will be staying as of yet.

luna99

Original Poster
This will be so much fun hearing about your Disney wedding plans! Disney is indeed the best place in the world to get married! Seabreeze point is very beautiful, I have seen weddings set up there before and it always looks fantastic. The Disney wedding planners are fabulous and will help you with all the details. My fiance's grandparents had thier 50th wedding anniversay there and renewed thier vows at the chapel by the Grand Floridian and had a reception at the Grand. Very top notch and all the little details were there which made the evening one to remember forever. You made a great choice in having a Disney wedding and as the plans are made I am sure your fiance will come to see how much fun Disney is and why you love it so much like the rest of us!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I hope he does. He did admit to me that he liked it when we were there and had a good time, he just doesn't like to hear about it all the time. lol. I guess I've been talking about disney a little *too* much. :p

thanks again!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
we made our reservations! we'll be at the Port Orleans French Quarter!!

Since you're going to be at POR don't forget that they have the horse drawn carriage rides that leave from the Riverside side. I've never been on one, but I've booked them and seen them go by while I was there and it seems nice.

Might be something romantic and different to do if you have time, and it was never real expensive. Maybe around $30 if I remember correctly, of course that may have changed by now ;)

Teenchy

I had decided I liked sunset pointe (at the polynesian) or seabreeze pointe (at the boardwalk) but honestly, I think I'm going to have to choose seabreeze point because it holds more people. (up to 20 - sunset pointe only holds 10 including the bride and groom).

ps. If I can find the time, I also want to do a sunrise hot air balloon ride with my new hubby!

I think you made a great choice for Seabreeze Pointe. When we first starting talking about having a WDW wedding we also had Sunset Pointe in mind and found out as well that it wouldnt hold the number of people we were going to have, then we switched to Seabreeze Pointe. The only reason we finally settled on the Wedding Pavilion was becusae of the time of year...December.

By the way love the idea of the balloon ride....maybe my fiance will think of something like that....maybe I will print out your post and leave it by accident on the kitchen counter :animwink: .

luna99

Original Poster
Since you're going to be at POR don't forget that they have the horse drawn carriage rides that leave from the Riverside side. I've never been on one, but I've booked them and seen them go by while I was there and it seems nice.

Might be something romantic and different to do if you have time, and it was never real expensive. Maybe around $30 if I remember correctly, of course that may have changed by now ;)

thanks for the tip! I've heard of the carriage rides and plan on doing it. It sorta sucks that we might only get to spend one day in one of the parks while we are there, but on the other hand the good thing about it is we can relax and enjoy our resort and all the other resorts as well!

luna99

Original Poster
I think you made a great choice for Seabreeze Pointe. When we first starting talking about having a WDW wedding we also had Sunset Pointe in mind and found out as well that it wouldnt hold the number of people we were going to have, then we switched to Seabreeze Pointe. The only reason we finally settled on the Wedding Pavilion was becusae of the time of year...December.

By the way love the idea of the balloon ride....maybe my fiance will think of something like that....maybe I will print out your post and leave it by accident on the kitchen counter :animwink: .

thanks and you should do the balloon as well... I just don't know how I'm going to convince my fiance that we need to get up at 4 in the morning (they have those sunrise rides) to do something that will be a big surprise and lots of fun for him. lol. I have a feeling he'll say he'd rather sleep in.

mufasa0505

Congratulations! My husband and I were married at WDW in September 2005. We had our ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion, reception at Boardwalk and a dessert party at UK Lower. It was amazing. I will certainly be following your planning. :)

luna99

Original Poster
there's not too much to report right now.. I just thought I'd come update.

We got the wedding contract in our email, printed it out, read the entire thing (it's 11 pages long) and are getting ready to sign it and mail it out today. We have to mail it to my parents because they need to sign a section of it (they are paying for the wedding) then they will ship it back out to disney. I suppose I'll hear from my wedding coordinator then.

In personal news, I'm working out and signed up with this great website, www.sparkpeople.com where you can log in your food and workouts daily and it keeps track of what you're doing and how many calories, how much fat, carbs, sugars, etc you should be eating. It's pretty awesome... and I'm starting to really get interested in eating a raw food diet... so I'm going to try having at least one meal a week be "raw".

ok, I know this isn't related to disney. haha, just thought I'd share a little about myself with you all since I'm slow on disney wedding updates.

have a great weekend! :D

luna99

Original Poster
well.. we sent out the forms and I got a call from the disney wedding people in my voicemail yesterday afternoon.

they got the paperwork and the $500.00 deposit and I was told I would be assigned to a wedding coordinator and in two to three weeks should be looking for my "wedding planning kit" in my email.

I'm assuming it's going to be something like this:

these are your choices for flowers.. which do you choose? a, b, c, or d. etc..

I think we have to print it out, fill it out, and mail it back in.

I'll be so glad when I can actually talk to my coordinator finally though!

sorry it's been so slow and there's not too much to talk about.

I'm trying to figure out who's coming to the wedding for sure or not so we can make hotel arrangements and I can make my dining reservations.

that's about all that's happening at this point! :rolleyes:

thanks for reading though and wondering what's going on! :wave:

ZapperZ

Just don't forget to keep it coming when you have something new to report. I'm following your "adventure" closely.

:)

Zz.

The Mom

Premium Member
Thank you so much for this informative thread. Although we have many forum members who have married at WDW, this is the first time we've had someone post step by step information leading up to the big day.

I'm sure that after the excitement of the Big Day you'll forget some of the details leading up to it, ie, exactly how much was due initially, what were the choices of locations, how much did they cost, how many guests would be allowed at each, etc.

wvugeoggrad

I'm so glad you are posting your planning process because I really want to do a Disney Wedding and have explored their website alot but there are alot of questions I still have about the whole thing so your thread will help alot!! I'm so excited for you and I hope it turns out to be magical.

I also know how you feel with your guy not wanting to hear about Disney 24/7. I know I drive him nuts with it but its so hard not to talk about something you love so much. :)

So goodluck with the planning and keep the updates coming. :D

luna99

Original Poster
awww! i'm so glad I could do this.. I wish I had more to talk about right now.. other than the fact that it's getting frustrating just sitting around and waiting for disney to get in touch with me! I know they are busy with lots of other weddings.. but what about MMMEEEEEEEE???!?? :lol: :brick: :animwink:

I'll update again AS SOON as I hear something!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
awww! i'm so glad I could do this.. I wish I had more to talk about right now.. other than the fact that it's getting frustrating just sitting around and waiting for disney to get in touch with me! I know they are busy with lots of other weddings.. but what about MMMEEEEEEEE???!?? :lol: :brick: :animwink:

I'll update again AS SOON as I hear something!

We fly in on Jan 6. You want I should stop buy and rough someone up for you?:lol:

katedvc

I just read this entire thread, and I am so excited for you! A Disney wedding is my dream, so I am pretending all these plans are for my wedding!

Keep us updated...I'm sure we're all itching to find out if you picked flowers a,b,c or d!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom