luna99's WDW wedding thread!

luna99

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

I'm super excited to be able to do this blog of sorts about the planning process of my WDW wedding and hopefully all of you will enjoy the "ride" along with me.

I called the wedding hotline number last night with my calendar and a notebook in hand, ready to take notes if needed.

The woman I spoke with (I wish I could remember her name! :brick: ) was very sweet and friendly. She took down some basic information from me.... Name, where I live, where my wedding guests would be coming from, what kind of wedding I'd like to have (intimate or custom), when I'd like to have it, my fiance's name, and why we were choosing a disney wedding.

I got to tell her a little about how my finace and I met (online! we knew each other for six years!) and she said she thought that was very cool and sounded genuinely excited for us! It was really quite fun just talking to her.

She gave our information to a wedding coordinator and we are supposed to hear something by the end of the week. I'm hoping I get a great coordinator who is fun and patient with me. I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions!

So that's it so far.. We are hoping to get the wedding date of September 1st 2007 .. which is a saturday and the monday following it is labor day. I thought that would be nice so everyone will have an extra day off of work or school and would make it a bit easier.

I hope you all don't mind reading along with me for the next nine months! :p

I'll try to post a picture up soon of me and my fiance. thanks!!! :sohappy:

mouselvrmom

This is so great! For all of us who didn't get to be married at disney, what a great way to see what it is all about! Thanks for posting this!:sohappy:

diddy_mouse

congrats to you!!!

we honeymooned down there in October '05 and saw a couple of weddings going on. it was cool seeing the bride and groom walking past the MK bus station with the wedding party in tow. probably heading off to dinner!

hope all you your planning goes well! :wave:

ZapperZ

Hooray!! Glad you took up our suggestion on blogging this. I feel rather strange to be almost as giddy as you about hearing all of this. Hopefully, you don't mind in sharing the happiness of your event with is, so thank you in advance.

As luck would have it, I am also planning on being at WDW in Sept. 2007. Our usual time is the week of the Labor Day weekend. However, we are delaying our regular trip next year because I really want to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which I've never been to before. So we will probably be at WDW in mid to late Sept. when this event starts. Wouldn't it be interesting if your wedding is also around that time?

:)

Zz.

luna99

Original Poster
Hopefully, you don't mind in sharing the happiness of your event with is, so thank you in advance

of course I don't mind! It adds to the fun, and honestly I don't really feel like I have that many people to gloat about my wedding to. I just moved to this city a year ago so I don't have many friends, my coworkers probably don't want to hear about it, and my fiance doesn't understand my love for disney or the world of options we have by doing a disney wedding.. so it's wonderful to have a place for me to vent and share.. and you're all so great for sharing it with me!

it would be cool if our wedding was at that time! My fiance thinks we may not get september.. but I think it's far enough in advance that we should be ok.

luna99

Original Poster
Hello everyone! I spoke with a disney wedding reservationist today named Amy .. she basically went over everything the package includes and we talked about some of the different locations and things ..... Amy is *NOT* my wedding coordinator ... I will get a coordinator once everything is finalized and we sign a contract they are going to send us.

I had decided I liked sunset pointe (at the polynesian) or seabreeze pointe (at the boardwalk) but honestly, I think I'm going to have to choose seabreeze point because it holds more people. (up to 20 - sunset pointe only holds 10 including the bride and groom).

Tonight I'll talk it over with my fiance, but this is the basic idea I have for the wedding day:

get married at seabreeze pointe (the times available are 10 am, 12 noon, and 2:30 pm). I think we should do it at 2:30 pm so I'll have all morning to pamper myself and get ready... then I'm thinking of taking my wedding guests to the "spirit of aloha" luau show for our "reception" and then I wanted to do a private boat ride while watching "wishes" (which I've never seen).

ah! :sohappy: :confused: I hope I can pull it all off and get the timing of the day just right!

so i'm going to make phone calls tonight and call amy back tomorrow to finalize it and book the date! As of right now september 1st is available and I started my diet yesterday! haha.

thanks for reading along with me!

ps. If I can find the time, I also want to do a sunrise hot air balloon ride with my new hubby!

DiPSU224

Where exactly is seabreeze pointe at the boardwalk? The atmosphere of the boardwalk is one of my favorites, I'm sure you can't go wrong there. If you really love sunset pointe you may be able to take pictures there. We saw a couple doing that on our honeymoon.

I saw in another thread you had asked about the wishes cruise. I did one on our honeymoon. I believe it was about $265 and we had a boat to ourselves. We left around 9ish for Wishes at 10. They gave us a tour of bay lake with lots of stories of the histories of the hotels and the islands. They had refreshments for us along with blankets. We had a front row seat for the electrical water pageant and then we parked next to a boat with the music piped in. It was kinda pricey but I figured it was a special occasion.

In case you are interested in some of the accessories (ring bearer pillows, etc) that Disney sells, I found a ton of fairy tale wedding accessories on Ebay for my wedding. We found around 5 pieces that went to a set they sold down there. I got a $65 ring bearer pillow for $10.

Thanks again for sharing this experience with us! I'm *slightly* obsessed with weddings (I bought my minnie bride ears in anticipation for my honeymoon there in 1999 before I even met my husband :lol: ) Keep us updated!

luna99

Original Poster
I'm *slightly* obsessed with weddings (I bought my minnie bride ears in anticipation for my honeymoon there in 1999 before I even met my husband :lol: ) Keep us updated!

:p that's awesome!

as for seabreeze point, if you look on this map... it's on the walkway going towards epcot...

http://willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_bw.jpg

number 20 on the upper right side of the map.

I found another website with people who have been married at disney and most everyone says that seabreeze point is so beautiful and they are extremely happy they got married there. We've decided to get married at 10:00 am instead because it should be (hopefully) a little cooler then and maybe the risk of rain will be smaller. (It rains a lot in the afternoons in the summer, so I've heard).

thanks for the info on the wishes boatride and the ebay hint. I'll definitely check that out!

at this point.. the date and time are being reserved for us but we have until wednesday to make our resort reservations or else they will take the hold off of everything. We're going to reserve our room this weekend and then we'll see what the next step is!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Wow, your plans sound really nice! I wish I'd noticed this thread before answering your other thread on the cruises or my answer would have been very different.

If you are able to make the Spirit of Aloha and the cruise both it would make a very nice day. When I took the Wishes cruise I picked it up at the dock at the Polynesian Resort which would work perfectly for you.

If they know when you book it, they can decorate the boat and you can plan champagne or anything you'd like. It never hurts to make requests. I met the manager of that boat house that night and he told us to always make note, or call directly over there if someone has a special request for food, drinks, decorations, etc.

Your only hitch will be waiting for Disney to publish the fireworks time for that night and praying they don't change it once they do!

Best of luck to you, and I'll be watching here to see how you do!

Katie

kasey1988

Which resort will you be staying at? Just out of curiousity is the resort included int he package for the length of your stay?

luna99

Original Poster
Wow, your plans sound really nice! I wish I'd noticed this thread before answering your other thread on the cruises or my answer would have been very different.

If they know when you book it, they can decorate the boat and you can plan champagne or anything you'd like. It never hurts to make requests. I met the manager of that boat house that night and he told us to always make note, or call directly over there if someone has a special request for food, drinks, decorations, etc.

haha. no worries! and thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure once I start talking to my wedding planner about everything we'll both figure out something extra special to do.

luna99

Original Poster
Which resort will you be staying at? Just out of curiousity is the resort included int he package for the length of your stay?

more than likely we're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. From what I've read, it's the most romantic of the moderate resorts... and no, the room is not included in the package.

If you are doing an intimate wedding (like we are) you are required to stay at least four nights at disney hotel at an additional charge (to the 3,000 for the wedding ceremony).

I'm so glad everyone seems so interested in this! thanks!

luna99

Original Poster
we made our reservations! we'll be at the Port Orleans French Quarter!!

Now I am waiting for our "contract" to come in my email which should take about a week they told me.
we have to print it out and sign it and send it back in with a $500.00 deposit.

I guess I was misunderstood because I thought the only deposit required to actually start the planning process was the deposit on your guestroom, but apparently not. Not that it's a huge problem... but if we didn't expect that and didn't have the money it could be.

so for those tracking the expenses.. so far we've put $200 down on our guest room and have to put the $500 down in the next three weeks. (or two weeks after we receive the contract).

kasey1988

i love reading this! Will your family be staying at the same resort as well? Is that what the 200$ guest room deposit is?

Maleficent98

Congrats!

This will be so much fun hearing about your Disney wedding plans! Disney is indeed the best place in the world to get married! Seabreeze point is very beautiful, I have seen weddings set up there before and it always looks fantastic. The Disney wedding planners are fabulous and will help you with all the details. My fiance's grandparents had thier 50th wedding anniversay there and renewed thier vows at the chapel by the Grand Floridian and had a reception at the Grand. Very top notch and all the little details were there which made the evening one to remember forever. You made a great choice in having a Disney wedding and as the plans are made I am sure your fiance will come to see how much fun Disney is and why you love it so much like the rest of us!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom